It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to 'hide nuclear plants inside mountains'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Iran to 'hide nuclear plants inside mountains'

rawstory.com

Iran said on Monday it is considering plans to build two new uranium enrichment plants concealed inside mountains to avert air strikes, drawing condemnation from the United States.

The announcement from Iran's atomic chief Ali Akbar Salehi came soon after top US General David Petraeus warned that Washington would now pursue a "pressure track" against Iran to thwart its galloping nuclear programme.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Here we go at it again. It seems it shall never end until something happens over there. As stated before this should be the first 2 of the 10 plants Ahmadinejad said he would build , which continued under the concept " well if you won't let me build one , ill build 10". Now the Obama administration pushes for even more sanctions.

All i see is sanctions sanctions sanctions...........sanctions....sanctions...you get the point , but nothing really done. I for one don't agree with any intervention there just because.. what exactly could they do to us? However when an administration keeps threatening and does not do or accomplishes what they "preach" , that enforces my opinion again regarding our current administration. Either shut up or actually do something.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Gee that is weird. I wonder what possible reason the Iranians would have for doing that?

What sort of insane military dictatorship would defend it's nuclear plants from airstrikes? This is a very provocative move.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatality

to avert air strikes, drawing condemnation from the United States.

I agree with the United States here. We should condemn them for not putting them in plain view. How is anyone supposed to properly acquire targets if the targets are all well concealed and protected inside of a mountain? What are these Iranian leaders thinking?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Probably one which has Israel nearby, which threatened to attack them if they further pursue their nuclear advancements... However this is indeed provocative towards the nations around them.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Oh deer. Iran is threatened to be bombed back to the stone age and nuked and are now trying to protect their nuclear plants...those criminals.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged
Oh deer. Iran is threatened to be bombed back to the stone age and nuked and are now trying to protect their nuclear plants...those criminals.

What about the nukes which amercia has? or Israel are they criminals arent they not?

no offence of coarse.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Im surprised no one has got together and put sanctions on the USA, given their aggressive behavior of the last decade, if anyone should have sanctions put on them it is them and the israeli government......

if the US was in Irans shoes, they would too build them inside mountains to protect them......

This world is getting crazier by the day.......seems like the leaders of all nations are getting more and more stupid.....theres not much hope for the world the way the leaders are playing chicken lately with the lives of soldiers and innocent civilians.......

its sickening, where can I get a ticket off this planet?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This was to be expected. With Israel barking like a mad dog with rabies it is only smart to protect extremely vital assets. Especially nuclear facilities.

But I don't think building them inside mountains will protect them much considering the weaponry I've seen that Israel is housing. I believe they have a bomb that is a hell of a lot stronger than a bunker buster at their disposal. Also detonating a few nuclear warheads in the same location would eventually tear through a mountain.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by EnemyofMan]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I wonder if they are going to use the same blue print to construct it that Rumsfeld said Osama had.

you all remember the picture don't you?

in reality they looked more like this however.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
US has been trying the economic hitman for quite some time....then will come the jackal if is not already there right now...if everything fails, the army will finish the job for sure.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
To be honest i don't worry about what Obama will say or do , because as we have seen he is still talking about some sanctions which did not even occured yet. However i am interested to see Israel's reaction since they have threatened with an attack against Iran if they choose to pursue the nuclear advancement. Lately all signs point towards an event there , most likely by Israel , which is worrying.

top topics

join