It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution ? No....More like division impoverishment and civil war.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I see all this talk and chatter about revolution and taking back or over the government, and I've been reading and digesting all the replies in all the different threads and the only common theme, or generalized feeling I'm getting from it all is that way before there will be any uprising against the government, whether through "the vote" or "physical", there will be an erosion of respect and care for eachother, and through this manufactured, created, fiasco of pitting one against the other, we will implode and turn on eachother. Class by class, have by have not.
There will be no remedy, no return, no cure, no fix, just fear based panic and selfish behavior put upon us, by us.
That's my feeling, that's my barometer, that's my prediction.
And I dont like it.
All this Alex Jones, CIA, Bush"ites", Obamaites, Leftist, Rightist, Neocon, NAU, NWO, WallStreet, FailedCongress, Joe Stack swirling vortex of insanity is coming in for a landing, and there's no wheels and no foam on the runway.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You are completely right.

In a SHTF situation, many people are already admitting that it will be open season on Illegals in the US. As if Illegals caused all of the economic problems.....

And once the movement of food and water stops, people will become hungry and desperate. The people themselves will start the "de-population" that the elites so badly want. People really should NOT let ANYONE know, if they have a hoard of food or weapons - Or they will become a target once desperation sets in.

Sure, "civil war" against gov't sounds great. Let's remove the corruption!!!

But we quickly forget that it is those elites that screwed us over, that manufacture and provide our food and water. People, especially in large cities, are so screwed. Once the elites get pissed, they'll stop supplying our food and water..... People quickly forget this fact.
Don't bite the hand that feeds you, I guess......

EDIT: to make more sense.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this subject.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by LostNemesis]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Most of the people whom cry on the internet about how a revolution is coming can barely get out of their chair...they will be lucky to revolt against the package around their chocolate ding dong snacks later on.

Armchair generals shaking their fist in quiet solitude with the safety of anonymous posting so they can pretend they are revolutionarys.

SIR! The peasants are revolting!
Yes, they are rather disgusting, arent they.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that there will be celebration, which will contain pockets of violence. I doubt anyone is looking to take over anything but the rights they know are theirs.
Once the initial euphoria is over, people will have already started on solutions to food and water distribution, and I doubt it will be by looking in your neighbor's basement.
I doubt there's a switch in the boardroom to shut the water off, either. Water and power will be restored by the same people who keep it coming now, the ones in the trucks who do the work.

As for the OP, I think you envision total anarchy, which only a few nut jobs will attempt. I see an uneasy collaboration, at worst.

I also very much doubt that there will be any revolution. We may find a way to get things back on track, but it will be a slow process.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I dont see total anarchy but I see millions of people who are mentally miles away from being able to take care of themselves finding no system in place that they are used to for their survival and resorting to panic.
I dont see an "easy" or "collaborative" bridge.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

In a SHTF situation, many people are already admitting that it will be open season on Illegals in the US.

Who are these "many people".

I haven't heard any mention of that.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

You got that right.

There will be a war of race, religion and class loooong before any Illuminati Skulls&Bones gets a bullet

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez

You got that right.

There will be a war of race, religion and class loooong before any Illuminati Skulls&Bones gets a bullet

All it will take is loss of electric. One short week. Emotions run high, panic sets in, and Sh%$ tears loose. Who's going to be organized and be the "new corrected government"? It's far from realistic and or funny.
It will be nothing short of divsion by similarity and primative tribal mentality, and it will spread like a gasoline fire.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think we are years off from any possible "revolution". We are still likely to see more class separation. There will be a widening of the gap between the "haves and have nots". Then once the classes become more pronounced the have not's will start defaulting more and more on debts. Once the have's don't have us have not's to sale things to, or to do their work then the problems will start. Expect to see a vast increase in homeless as well before any "revolution" every happens.

If nothing else look back at history. Class strugle is a common theme and I think we are going to repeat the past sooner or later.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Americans are too stupid to revolt, riot or fight eachother.

Here's a brilliant comedy piece about the matter by comedians Bill Hicks & George Carlin. It's really very funny.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I think we are on the brink of a race war. The so called "revolutionaries" are looking for a scape goat and the easily identified enemy are people of color. The cities will burn and there won't be enough cops or military to stop the blood lust once it gets started. The German man in the street got swept up with antisemitism. Don't think it can't happen here; with the right events it can and will.
I got this feeling from ATS responses. The "revolutionaries" don't blatantly come out and tell you of their racism but I can read between the lines.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

It is for the very reason you state that I have advocated a swift and sweeping revolution.

The talk of a peaceful takeover of our government is beautiful to think about, but you must also think about just how bad the system and the social structure might get as we grudgingly pull ourselves through the mud and enact this change.

I believe that if the people do not do something BEFORE the breakdown of society, then there will be no bringing it back - at least not for a very, very long time. If something can be done now, like within the next year or two, that can change the outlook and direction of this country so as to prevent this from happening, we may still have a chance. However, if we ignore it and allow the system to break down, the only hope there will be is in self sustenance.

Right now we are already at arms with each other, unable to agree on the smallest of points. We are so blinded by petty arguments that we fail to unite against the common enemy and that will be our downfall.

So your barometer, I agree with it. I have agreed with it for quite some time and it is because of this that I feel so strongly about revolution now, revolution the only way possible. It isn't pretty... but what is coming down the road is hell in comparison.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Well I guess it comes down to one thing "FAITH". How much faith do you have in the American people and how much faith do you have in the constitution they follow?

Don't get me wrong we have lost are way but we will always have a beacon of light to look to and a strong independent people to make the journey.

If everything fell apart tomorrow some would go off the deep end and do very bad things but most would not they would band together and help each other it is the American way. We would rebuild and learn from it and rise again. And if another country wanted to take advantage of us we would push them into the ocean's.

Times are going to get tough but I faith in what the founders had in mind and so do others we will stand tall again.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixDemon

I personally have the feeling that it is alot closer than years away.
I reside in an area that was once, not long ago, a great supplier of steel, timber, coal, autos and manufactured and assembled products.
Then the exodus took place leaving nothing but empty buildings, warehouses, offices, empty bulldozed acres of land, and chainstores married to chain restaurants. The mom and pop's closed, the youth relocated and the remaining population continues to age and be seviced by the remaining young who slowly replace them.
The "haves" of the area now become less and less and the "have nots" are now younger and younger and younger.
The rate of commercial closings and plywood store fronts is about 12% average per year for the last 4 years.
It is empty sprawl, the final closing of the cycle of urban deterioration.
Assaults, robberies, arsons, and homicide have risen at around the same percentages over the same 4 years.
I actually live in the area "between" the urban and extreme rural, and on the other end of that, in the "countryside" there are many many many who now live in anticipation of "defending" themselves against the "coming raiders".
There will be geographic hot spots, and points of ignition across the nation and I believe with 50 years of observation and knowledge of my surroundings that I am most surely in one of them.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Americans are too stupid to revolt, riot or fight eachother.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by In nothing we trust]

I would like to hear why you believe that.
For me, it's not whether intelligence plays a factor it's where LACK of intelligence and soaring high emotions are acted upon.
The response to final desperation will not be planned out and enacted like some course of action with an end result attached to it, it will be random chaotic and emotional, and it will be responded to by those at their own tipping point with the mirror image of chaotic defense.
It will spread, unchecked.
There are areas in this country of ours that are simply one small crisis away from "pillage freely" as a form of self directed solution and self economic gain. We would be fools to think that the stupidity taught in our failed school systems on governance and autonomy would transfer over to survival, in fact it is stupidity that makes the scenario all the more possible.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I think we are on the brink of a race war. The so called "revolutionaries" are looking for a scape goat and the easily identified enemy are people of color. The "revolutionaries" don't blatantly come out and tell you of their racism but I can read between the lines.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by whaaa]

I would say there are "extreme elements" for sure, and I would also say that they will have an effect and cause "some" racial incidents ON BOTH SIDES, yet overall I cant subscribe to the all out race war theory.
Prejudice still exisits but not on the scale it once did.
An empty white stomach feels the same as an empty black, brown, red or yellow one.
The revolutionaries you mention hide behind that moniker with an already exisiting agenda, there are just as many if not more that oppose that mind set.
I appreciate your between the lines skills, I see it as have - have not at the top of the list though.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

GB, people called me nuts in 1999, 2000 and even 2001 when I talked of the upcoming never ending war. I sympathize and empathize with your position, I truly do. But that window of opportunity has closed, for now any way.
The 1/3 population theory that held water for the original revolution cannot now go up against a mind controlled populace.
The pocket of mentally clear and truly educated citizens is a small one at best.
Too many old hold onto the belief of a return to the old days post ww2 and korea and are waiting for JFK or Ronny the actor cowboy and too many young are electronically distracted and saturated with hollywood mtv real world medications.
Although I would love to see a complete purging of the swill that walk the halls in washington I'm afraid that time has come and gone.
We are unfortunately going to have to walk through some serious fire, and in the process we as a nation, will be extremely vulnerable to outside attack. There will be plenty of "fronts" to choose from, and hopefully massing against the outside threats will reunite us as a nation.
That, I'm afraid, will be our revolution.
Am I painting a defeatist picture? No, I'm simply reading aloud the message, the warning, the obvious clues that are being telegraphed in local, national, and world actions.
Keep your powder dry.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Well I guess it comes down to one thing "FAITH". How much faith do you have in the American people and how much faith do you have in the constitution they follow?

And if another country wanted to take advantage of us we would push them into the ocean's.

Times are going to get tough but I faith in what the founders had in mind and so do others we will stand tall again.

FAITH, the belief in (fill in the blank).
The process will be long in returning to a collective cause and shared goal.
The people are confused, deceived, and divided.
The constitution has been avoided, usurped, neglected and forgotten and suffers the possible fate of abandonment as each advancing generation learns less of it and participates less in its survival.
A unified nation may come to be, but it will be the tempering of its metal under extreme conditions yet to come that will be the test.
We will not only need to push an invading enemy into the oceans we will need to sustain ourselves and grow stronger while doing it.
FAITH ?
Battling enemies both forgein and domestic at the SAME TIME will be a challenge no empire (and that's what we've become) has ever sustained.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Well I am all for revolution now. I do have two problems however.

1) I don't want anyone killed or injured.

2) I am unsure what the new system should be. What is terrible is to have a revolution and find yourself right back to the old order but with different faces.

So until such times as both my problems have been resolved I will continue to rail against the current system.

T

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well, I largely disagree with most everyone on how this is going to transpire. I don't have a crystal ball nor am I clairvoyant, BUT... I trust my gut and I trust my instincts. I have been paying VERY close attention to what has been happening for the past 20 years and have felt it coming for almost 30. There are others just like me who will agree with what I am about to write....

First will come the shuttering of local governments due to lack of revenue. Services will end, police and fire will be laid off and county sherrifs and state police will attempt to fill the void. Volunteer fire departments will become the norm and widespread cooperation among people within communities will ensue - these will be good things.

Next, county governments, large municipalities and state governments will begin to fail due to lack of revenue. Again, police and fire forces will be reduced and services cut. This will begin the real turmoil as fewer police are available to keep order in pockets or large cities. These pockets will become virtual war zones - gang warfare, looting, fires etc... The national guard will be called in but this will do little to quell the violence. As the NG increases its agressiveness to restore order, they will in fact be contributing to its increase. Martial law will be declared in those urban centers experiencing the most problems.

Instead of actually restoring the peace, it will contribute to more widespread problems. Those capable of leaving the urban centers will - where they go... that will largely determine what happens next. Those escaping the "warfare" in the urban center are likely to move outward toward the suburbs - the wealthier suburbs - looking for food, shelter etc... At this point some odd mix or class and race war will start. In some cases those from the urban centers will unite into groups with the purpose of raiding and marauding. As the struggle in the suburbs intensify, Northcom will mobilize troops to stabilize entire regions. Martial law will be expanded, curfews imposed and the military will take over policing and other civic functions.

For a time, there will be relative calm as basic needs are being serviced and met by the military. However, as the above scenario starts playing out in cities all over the country, the military apparatus will be spread thin. Only the most basic necessities will be provided - and even then, only sporadically. People's patience will be tried and you will start to see instances of domestic terrorism against the military perpetrated by people at the end of their ropes. At first, the mainstream will view these people as terrorists and enemies - later they will embrace them, perhaps even help or join them.

As this scenario drags on even the most passive people will begin to become restless. Feelings of injustice will increase, nerves will fray and some people will begin forming pockets of resistence - peaceful at first - but once the government silences their "Freedom of speech" their "Right to assemble" etc... this will stoke the flames of resistence resulting in a blaze. This is where things will get VERY interesting.

The military will be required to increase its operations against citizens. Several things will happen simultaneously - first, desertions will begin as soldiers leave their posts to go "home" and look after their families. Agreements will be made with our "Allies" for them to provide troops and aid. Carefully orchestrated campaigns of violence will be launched against politicians, corporate and bank executives and any other persons believed to be responsible for the escalating crisis. Things will get realy crazy when foreign troops are policing US citizens on US soil. No need to go into detail - just think about alot of bloodshed.

As a result of this chaos and anarchy, the fact that our military is disintegrating and citizens are dying in staggering numbers, the US military will take its final step and launch a full out coup against the government - taking over ALL political functions. In order to pacify the masses they will a.) pull back all foreign troops and put them into support roles, b.) round up politicans and business people and launch an all-out PR campaign by trying these people in military tribunals for their "Crimes" for the whole country to see.

Believe it or not, it will be this final step that begins to restore some semblance of order. However, no one should expect the world to return to its old ways - no way! People will learn to become much more self sufficient and a true spirit of community will emerge. The military government will then begin to create the framework whereupon a new civilian government will be built. There will be MAJOR fundamental changes made to our founding documents and power will ultimately b e restored to the people.

Obviously there is much, much, much more to this - complexities that don't warrant discussion at this point. But, if I had to offer my most educated guess - and I just did - that is how I see it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join