It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HALO II: Mystery UFO Cloud Returns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

HALO II: Mystery UFO Cloud Returns

www.thesun.co.uk

THIS mysterious cloud halo has been spotted over Mexico — sparking fears of an Independence Day style alien attack.

The astonishing ring was spotted over the central American state and video of it was posted on the internet — prompting speculation its cause was extra-terrestrial.

It is the SECOND time such an amazing sighting has been seen — after The Sun revealed one was recorded in skies over Moscow last October.

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This seems to be a repeat of the Moscow circular cloud formation. This time over Mexico. The strange weather "anomalies" seem to be more and more frequent. What could they be?

Something seems to be going on in our atmosphere with these strange cloud formations. The new classification of Asperatus clouds only deepens the mystery.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What could it be?

This:

Hole Punch Clouds are simply high clouds that look like somebody punched a hole in them.

www.wkrg.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
'Punch Hole' Cloud - (looks like Phage was there first)

I hope it is an alien though

[edit on 22-2-2010 by GW8UK]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There is a link to a longer article on these clouds here,

weatherthings.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What an interesting phenomenon. I find the Sun article in the OP extremely sensationalistic - but it would be fantastic to catch one of these. I also find it interesting that in the article Phage posted it lists "jet planes" as a possible cause (as well as natural causes). Could other types of aircraft cause the rise in humidity required for these clouds? For the sake of speculation - if you had oh, say an electro-magnetically cloaked vehicle, would a hole puch be one of the possible tell-tales? Just a speculative thought.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidself

Sure.
If that electro-magnetically cloaked vehicle happened to have a propulsion system which left a trail of water vapor behind it.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OK, I buy the hole punch cloud, but why now. The earliest report I can find right off the bat was the Alabama 2003 that was listed in the article you linked. I Googled and searched 15 pages. This seems to be a new phenomenon.

What is different now?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Perhaps it's the redirected by-product of a pulse radio transmission? ... a new type of state of the art communications system...

[edit on 22-2-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hmm maybe they have always been there and we are just looking up more? Also we basically all have cameras with us at all times on our phones.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Who knows, 4m to 4m.

ieeexplore.ieee.org... cision=-203

www.eng.yale.edu...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Missed this one?
Hole Punch

They aren't common but they've always happened it's just that more people are carrying cameras around with them nowadays.
www.cloudappreciationsociety.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I guess so. I just think it is strange that we never really started to hear of these until recently. I guess more cameras would be the culprit. You would think that even if uncommon they would have been cataloged and taught in school. But all I remember are these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6cc25fad2f26.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well hole punch clouds are a combination of cirrus and altocumulus. The cirrus produces precipitation called virga (which means it doesnt reach the ground), as it falls it punches a hole in the lower layered altocumulus. This is why in most cases, you see cirrus clouds actually in the hole created.

By the way, that cloud chart missed out nimbostratus and cirrostratus

[edit on 22/2/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I guess it could be considered a special kind of altocumulus, like our old friend altocumulous lenticularis but they aren't really a cloud type. The hole is something that happens to the cloud. The cloud type would be altocumulus or cirrocumulus, very cold water bearing clouds (as opposed to ice crystals).

Here's one from 1990
www.schools.ash.org.au...

[edit on 2/22/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well thanks to all posters. Phage and OZ, I knew you guys would come through. I did not have my tin foil hat on about it. The title was the title of the article. I'm still saving my cigar.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You will find my thread on punch hole clouds here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
But be forewarned, the debate gets pretty hot and ugly!!

new topics

top topics

join