It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visual Black Out: Who tripped the sun for a second?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Holy crap, I can't believe I finally found something about this online, other people that this actually happened to! To tell you the truth, the first post gave me goosebumps because when it happened to me, I was in elementary school, outside, in line, also coming in from recess.

It was in Brockton, Massachusetts. I was in either fifth or sixth grade which would have made it 1985 or 1986. I'm certain it was one of those two years because I was in a special class for nerds which started in fourth grade, and a kid in the nerd class a grade below me said "hey, who turned out the lights" when it happened. I wish now that I had talked with him about it, but back then I couldn't stand his guts (addendum, I still cant stand him). At least his comment confirmed for me though, that it actually happened.

For me, life went pitch black, and then sun came back before the crappy kid finished his sentence. I remember it clear as day, I remember where I was standing, which direction I was looking, and I remember that I had time to look around, like I was looking to see where 'it' went. It was a sunny, warm day, I remember I didnt have on a jacket. It definitely made a huge impression on me. I can't tell you how stinking thrilled I am to find more people that this happened to!

What happened MOST DEFINITELY was not an airplane.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It kind of reminds me of this movie, "The Quiet Earth"

Basically, some kind of fluctuation in time and space, first experienced as a series of tremmors, before the entire reality collapses, and its all to do with the Sun.
edit on 3-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I've had that happen, where it all gets dark for a split second and that only happens when there's an airplane flying over head at the time. i.e; plane flies, goes infront of the sun, blocks light momentarily.

It's a bit of a fright like "oh!" and then it's like "oh yeah, there's an airplane."

Not a big deal.

Planes go on a flight path, sun would generally be in the same spot, so on occasion it happens.

I don't want to insult you or anything, maybe something else is going on but you did mention an airplane so yeah.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i mentioned the airplane because in previous posts it was suggested as an explanation. 3 years ago i lived a few miles away from logan airport in boston, ma., directly in the flight paths of several different airlines, they came so close to my 3rd floor deck i could practically watch the inflight movie. i'm well aware of what it's like when planes block the sun, it's dim, but its not damn i cant see in front of my face, black, which was the case when this thing happened.

i'm not suggesting the sun went out, to tell you the truth i don't know what the hell happened (i do know what it wasn't . . . an airplane) , im just glad it's happened to other people too. kind of like when I found out what as a kid i used to call "when things get big" is really alice in wonderland syndrome . . .

i'd have chalked it up to something neurological if it weren't for the other kid who noticed it too.
edit on 3-3-2011 by liakins because: removed something that could have been misconstrued as snarky

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

Maybe this has already been asked and I have just missed it, but...
How are you sure that it was only a split second? Although it may have seemed like a split second to all involved, how are you sure that it was not some sort of temporary blackout or brain shutdown or massive brain-wire reset (no idea what the proper names are, lol) which lasted longer than a split second. Of course, obviously it couldn't have been a hugely long time, because your body probably would have fallen to the ground, but...

just wondering

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
for me it was just long enough for to recognize what was happening and for the forementioned crappy kid to say "hey, who turned out the lights?" everything was normal again just before he finished his sentence, so i think it was probably a few seconds rather than a split second.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I have had this happen to me as well, not to long ago. So I did a little looking into it and found out that the sun does not give of light continually as we think it does there are gaps in the light but they are so small that most of the time we just do not notice them, when a bigger gap in the light is produced some of us see it and most of us just put it up to a something that we did. But the sun does funny things that we just don't understand yet.

This is not accepted science for there had bin no recoded finding of this type of event, why for it's not looked for.
But as the universe has shown us that nothing is a constant it is alway in a state of change as for the suns micro black outs there is a good possibility that it happens more often then not.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by liakins

Fair enough. And when I said "something else going on" I didn't mean in your mind, I meant something else ...paranormal esque, since you said other people saw it too.

Cheers and good luck working out what it is!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Damn, Just before my Nibiru sighting I remember a week or so ago this event had occurred. Obviously I'm not putting two and two together, but I spend the days on the computer looking for work with the window to my left. And in the corner of my eye for a fraction of a second everything went completely black outside.

I don't really know how to describe it as in the room the PC monitor I was looking at was still running and there was residual daylight in the room, but it was almost like a Solar Eclipse had passed in a nanosecond. Nothing untowards happened before or after it, but it was the most strangest thing to occur. Can't really put my finger on what it was, and no plane that size could block out the Sun without me knowing about it, believe me (I'm a good few hundred meters above sea level on a flight path.)

I had read this post before, but just wanted to put my 5c down, while its still relatively fresh in my mind.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Check security cameras from local stores and gas stations and start keeping your camera on record! And if you experienced a black out wouldn't the rest of the world on that side
Of the world Also have experienced the same thing!
edit on 7-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
lol

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
yeah i think our universe had a glitch, the super computer from the advanced civilization must of needed an up date, or they had a bug, made an error, although i find this hard to accept giving they are a super advanced civilization wayyyyyyy older than we can even begin to imagine.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
sorry to reply all at once just saving space.

Originally posted by bob33
lol

How'd you manage to get a one line post? well done

Anyway,

Originally posted by liakins
Holy crap, I can't believe I finally found something about this online, other people that this actually happened to! To tell you the truth, the first post gave me goosebumps because when it happened to me, I was in elementary school, outside, in line, also coming in from recess.

It was in Brockton, Massachusetts. I was in either fifth or sixth grade which would have made it 1985 or 1986.
------
What happened MOST DEFINITELY was not an airplane.

Crazy! Though I suppose with this phenomenon apparently occuring quite often, it's not so strange that both of us have experienced this in a similar way. I have to agree (again) that this could not have been an airplane. Liakins, have you experienced this more than once?

reply to post by idunno12

Yes idunno12, I'm sure of the duration, I explained it quiet well over here

reply to post by jsettica

Do you by any chance have some links on the sun not continuously giving light? That would be very interesting.

reply to post by kid_cudi

Checking camera evidence was mentioned initially by another poster early on, after I started the thread. I really wish I had done that. I might have actually found something. I didn't because I would have felt awkward acting like some investigative journalist with no credentials. And asking for camera footage wouldn't be that easy, when your reason is investigating a 'black-out'.
But, as usual, I wish I had tried...

PS That move Quiet Earth looks pretty cool man
old-school awesomness

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This actually happened to me just yesterday. I was sitting in the kitchen talking to my mother and father in-law when all of a sudden all the light to the windows in the kitchen and above the sink went dark for like half a second as if something REALLY BIG flew over really close with absolutely no sound. We all just stood their in mid sentence completely stunned and we wall said "what was that!" I mean it had to be moving as fast as a bullet to go by as fast as it did. Then my wife came downstairs and we got in the car to go to church and i asked her if she noticed anything like the light outside going away for a second and she said "YEA I DID but i thought i just blinked for an extra long time". So i am very curious to what this was and i am annoying everybody in the house about it cause they seem not to care once it was over. This happened about 10:50 am sunday morning in tulsa, oklahoma.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I'm so happy I found this thread.

Early November last year, I was sitting with a group of friends outside on a sunny, cloudless day in a shaded area and the same thing happened. I was in the middle of speaking when everything went pitch black for a split second, which made me stop what I was saying for a moment.

I continued talking, thinking little of it, but because I had paused someone from the group looked at me and said "wait, did you see that too?"; at which point everyone there said they saw it. That was five people.

It's fascinated me ever since, but no one has been able to tell me what it was. And I can't be called crazy because I wasn't the only one who saw it. I wish I had an answer, but I can tell you it certainly wasn't a plane.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dbel023

it's a crazy feeling hey?! honestly, the event that I wrote out in the OP was the last time I've experienced this. although I'm sure I'll see it again... I always hope that, just like your experience, there are more people around to confirm it.

I have my ever-changing ideas on reality and what's possibly going on, but I have no clue hey

certaintly NOT a plane. personally, I like the 'glitch in the matrix' theory, lol, not really, but it's entertaining.

thank you for posting your experience, glad this thread is still of use.

ps to all; if any one stumbles across similar threads, please link them here (there's one or two linked already). Or other info on the net.
old threads should never die

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Normally I don't reply to old threads because the OP has abandoned them ... but, I see the OP is still awake.

The same thing happened to me in the mid 60's.

Mom and I were in the kitchen. The stove was GAS and fires were burning on the burners (cooking at the time.)

It went 100% BLACK, inside and outside. I could see the large sliding glass doors from where I was standing.

I asked "What happened?"

Mom replied simply, "Must have been an airplane blocking the sun."

"I didn't hear a plane." I replied.

"Don't argue with me." Was her reply.

Me - "But ..." "Did you see it?"

Mom - "Of course not. It was dark. I couldn't see anything. Maybe the power went off ... Probably a cloud blocked the sun."

Me - "But the sun went out too and I never saw a cloud make it completely dark."

Mom - "Shut up and get back to work."

But even the fires on the GAS burners were out!

Parents back then would never admit they didn't know the answer.

P.S. It was several seconds ... long enough for me to feel the room divider and walk toward the sliding glass door a few steps. And it was Summer and 100% clear, sunny day around 2-3 PM in Texas USA
edit on 29/3/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

any lost time i know you said between 12 to 12.30

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by patmac

in a kitchen?
maybe if they were outside but would everywhere blackout/

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

hahahaha... parents today never admit they're wrong, even when it's proved they say things like "well..." or "it should be that way!" lol. I think our guides in life try to be infallible, we're all a little stubborn.

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

It went 100% BLACK, inside and outside. I could see the large sliding glass doors from where I was standing.
-----
But even the fires on the GAS burners were out!
-----
P.S. It was several seconds ... long enough for me to feel the room divider and walk toward the sliding glass door a few steps. And it was Summer and 100% clear, sunny day around 2-3 PM in Texas USA

See, that's what I've been saying, about it being complete darkness, inside and out. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but we had the T.V. on, it was in the corner of my right eye and I was facing my Mom, I could see outside behind her; everything seemed to succumb to the dark. As if our eyes were actually shut down; it's either that or our surroundings were completely shadowed by something??

Trexter Ziam, yours is the longest experience I recall hearing about. That's mad!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join