It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: Good or Bad?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
After reading a few threads on China recently, most recently and the best one IMO being slayers: China DEMANDS! (See Link Below) It would seem that China are on the tip of everyones tounge at the minute, With them actually growing in the economic crisis, with the Dalai Lama visiting the US etc. It has resulted in my opinion in a trend of China Bashing. I recommend reading slayers thread before reading the rest of this one and I am anticipating on both some harsh critique of our Oriental neighbours.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a lot of information to take in here, I just want to mention a few things that people will or may not find interesting:

1) The Dalai Lama is extremely influential and I believe that there is a big big reason why China are so ticked by his visit to the US, not just Geo-Politics but something a lot more firmly rooted.

2) Slayer mentioned that China have just sold off a large chunk of US debt in a way that implied they have just moved down the ladder a little. I don't know how the whole debt selling thing works but isn't it more likely or at least probable that China have been buying all these bonds continually for years and using it to their advantage and have now reached the tipping point where they don't actually need to do that anymore? I.e. the rest of the economic world is beginning to crumble and will now have to rely on China, so therefore the scales have tipped and they are trying to ditch all their toxicity onto other nations?

3) I think that there is this notion in the air that China are now the bad guys as they are worth more than the US & UK and that it was the US and UK that put them there so they best count themselves lucky. I think it is our own fault for filling their pockets all these years for material crap we never needed. All the while they have endured harsh conditions in the hope that one day they will be on top.

To sum up then and apart for the human rights issues that we are not able to ignore, I see China as real underdogs who deserve a prosperous future. And in reality, why does it matter who is the world leader?

If we supposedly live in a free world it shouldn't matter one little bit. At least they haven’t made their money systematically destroying foreign governments and invading foreign countries for resources.
And finally Im sure everyone will agree after taking a look at the world we live in today, something’s got to change as how things stand now, things are only going to get worse if not.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Just in response to another post on the above thread, I would like to mention the fact of China shipping us toxic food and toys and the like.

In all fairness do you honestly believe that our countries who have been importing this stuff for years had no knowledge whatsover of the chemical contents?

It was our governments who implanted the idea that we 'wanted' to buy all that 'crap'. It was conditioned into us to want those things to keep us happy and keep spending money.

This is the kind of China bashing that I have been talking about. And as people have mentioned, the Globalists are exactly that, GLOBAL. They artificially create these growths and depressions around the world to create balance to their severely twisted ideal society. And we are falling right into that trap. I can bet all the debt in the world that there are our exact opposites sat in China right now thinking the same ill thoughts about our countries.

Just more food for thought. We all need to try and imagine things from the complete opposite perspective, maybe then we will get some true insight into what is really going on.

Thats me done for the day folks, after being a long time lurker I have been typing away for the last few hours and have come across very sleepy!

Night All, Peace.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Pollution caused by Rare Earth mining in China

China produces 95% of the rare earth metals worldwide. The rare earth mines in China are some of the most polluted places on earth! China is doing little to correct the problem and a lot to cover it up, keep photographers out, etc.

It is easy to say China is bad in this respect!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
With regards to "good or bad" what are your referring to?
It's probably good for the Chinese but extremely bad for the entire world.

Look at it this way, as the world sees more and more Chinese millionaires being created, this will mean that more and more Chinese will be exposed to a newfound world of luxury.

This places a higher demand for things like Shark Fin Soup.
Which means more and more shark will get slaughtered just so that some up and coming Chinese can flex his ego muscle and achieve some high class status.

On top of this, more and more lead based Chinese products will be unleached onto the world.

Let's face it, the Chinese are on a mission to poison and destroy the planet, yet nobody cares.

What happens next?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
...a great majority of the hype about china is akin to people who live in filthy homes pointing their dirty little fingers at people who live in filthy homes...

...china isnt perfect - neither is the uk or usofa but delusions of superiority encourage the false belief that the uk and the usofa are less filthy than everyone else...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
But that is what I am saying, they are creating this pollution because the world is demanding from them all these goods and services that we don't realy need.

And if you think about how wasteful us in the west are we are only feeding this problem. As for the chemicals again our governments and regulatory bodies must know about the content of these goods but they allow it because we want as much as possible and at as little cost as possible, and what we don't know can't hurt us.

I think it is an everchanging cycle, and in terms globally China is just another cog in the machine. If they were not producing all these bad things, it would only be being produced elsewhere, which is a shame, but its the truth.

We as nations are not perfect, and It seems like people are ashamed to say that because of their national identity. The UK first initiated the opium trade and got China hooked, blockading all their trade routes until they had no choice to buy it and push it onto their peoples. Same with the slave trade, our country did those things, not me, so im not ashamed.. just sad.

What I was trying to get at is that they can't simply be good or bad, they are just two points on the opposite end of a straight line. It's all a matter of perspective, and if we gain a better perspective on the situation, we will understand it better.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore
But that is what I am saying, they are creating this pollution because the world is demanding from them all these goods and services that we don't realy need.

You raise an important point. China could not produce any of these products without someone to buy them. I think we are seeing two mindsets (mostly): The hate america crowd and the Flag-waving Jingo crowd. Neither one can see the problems for what they are.

China's economy is in trouble. I think this is going to be a different situation from what is happening in the U.S. though. Their population is used to poverty. China also has a large manufacturing base. I don't see the U.S. being able to build up it's manufacturing base quickly, short of a world war. Because of this China will be in a better position. They will still be able to sell goods. Despite claims to the contrary most of these good are not worthless little trinkets. TV's, phones, clothing, dishes, even food happen to be imported from China. The list of what is made over there is lengthy and encompasses most every aspect of modern life. It's unrealistic to just proclaim "American's have to stop buying it". Well where the hell are they going to buy it from? We aren't talking about things you can just do without.

The issue of treasuries is a complicated one. The problem is this: If China sells, it will influence speculators to sell. This would be disastrous for the U.S. It doesn't matter if the Chinese economy goes down. That bond position isn't compromised. If their economy did take a hit it might be an incentive to sell. I haven't seen much action from them beyond some threats.

I think every one is just looking for the next war, the next big threat to the U.S. The U.S. is it's own worst enemy. It won't be China that brings this country down.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

China: Good or Bad?

IMO.
It all depends on your perspective.

As a Global power the US acts in it's own interest. China as an up and coming Power will do the same. So far those interests are more in common than in conflict [Setting the Dalai Lama ] issue aside. Whats presently good for the Chinese economy benefits American Exports to China and Visa Versa.

For those countries/individuals who are on the receiving beneficial end of that they will do just fine. [Good]

However....

For those who are being taken advantage of they will be left out in the cold. [Bad]

Again at this point the US and China have more in common than not.

This is a [Good] thing for the world.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It is good that for the past 3 decades over a BILLION people is dragged out of pure poverty, don't compare nominal GDP/capita, but PPP. Though, it is not a utopia, not perfect, but for the first time in hundreds of years China is seeing peace and steady growth after 79. Anyone too biased and don't see the real development and somewhat is jealous at the growing prosperity perspectives for 1.5 BILLION human beings for the upcoming years, can decide not to buy from Chinese companies.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It is good that for the past 3 decades over a 75million (5% of total population) commie bastards CCP party members are dragged out of pure poverty, to hell with communism doctrine for these group.

Though, it is not a utopia, not perfect, for they still have a lot to learn from Wall Street and the Feds, but for the first time in 70 years, the CCP (Chinese Communist Party ) is seeing peace and steady growth after 1979 for the despicable commie card wavers and their bootlickers.

Anyone too biased, don’t see the benefits of keeping the chinese masses under oppression and robbing them blind, and don't see the real development of authoritarianism, totalistarianism, utilitarianism, and somewhat is jealous at the growing ill begotten prosperity perspectives for 75 million inhuman beings for the upcoming years, can decide not to buy from Chinese companies

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
While I would say the majority of the Chinese goverment's actions to date have been fairly bad in one way or another. They have an atrocious human rights record and environmental charges nearly to match.

However China as a whole is effectively neutral. Its a large and complex society built on the backs of the innocent civilians in that area of Asia. While the Chinese "Republic" is anything but its the citizens of that great culture that suffer the yoke of corruption most directly.

I see no reason that the people of China, Mongolia, and Tibet don't deserve as much prosperity and happiness in the future as any man on the planet, but the Chinese government is only a hindrance towards that goal at this point.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Bad.....

LEAVE TIBET ALONE!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tek-Neek55

I know what you mean! I believe that they want control over Tibet because they know some of the secrets it holds, and I think thats why there is a big deal over the Dalai Lama. I may be wrong and alot of people won't agree with the whole hidden Tibettan power thing, but why else would they want it so bad?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

stason.org...

it's not "some secret power" hidden in tibet. it's an old, really old land claim. that's all.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

3) I think that there is this notion in the air that China are now the bad guys as they are worth more than the US & UK and that it was the US and UK that put them there so they best count themselves lucky. I think it is our own fault for filling their pockets all these years for material crap we never needed. All the while they have endured harsh conditions in the hope that one day they will be on top.

To me,it seems like China are the new "Good guys"-at least thats how our MSM seem to push it,in the UK anyhow.

I do not buy that for one commie minute-but then I remember the days when the media refered to communism as "the red terror" so I am biased I think.30 years of media propaganda has its effect it seems..

Nowadays the media seems to treat China as our new friends,who we should all think highly of.

Very sorry,but I cannot think highly of a regime who oppresses,torures and kills more of its own people than just about any other country on the planet,never mind the organ harvesting vans,and the regimes airtight consolidation of power-a true commie dictatorship.

Who's responible for exporting toxic goods to the rest of the world?
Who's Intel agencies do the most hacking and spying?
Who massacres students/protesters/falun gong/uigers etc at any given opportunity?

China.

So I vote China(gov) Bad...Just my opinion as usual.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Have been in china , I 'm a friend of all living beings which are friends with me! good or bad God will decide

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

TIBET is known for sending out powerful positive vibrations
throughout the world with their meditation practices....

Communist CHINA doesn't like that.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

I see no reason that the people of China, Mongolia, and Tibet don't deserve as much prosperity and happiness in the future as any man on the planet, but the Chinese government is only a hindrance towards that goal at this point.

Credit where credit is due, the CCP, the Chi Coms, the Chinese Central Committee perhaps does deserve some credit. They have, after all kept the country under one flag, made incredible economic progress, brought their military into 2nd position in the world, all without invading, conquering or pillaging a nearby country.

Perhaps the greatest balancing act is maintaining a more or less capitalistic coastal, prosperous economic zone next to the huge, central region of poor and thus unhappy rural and agricultural area.

Mao came to power by bringing the central masses to arms against the coastal cities.

To its credit, China does not have a history of aggression but mostly of responding to aggression. This goes back hundreds if not thousands of years.

When can you remember China being involved directly militarily with its neighbors? What were the results? Were Chinese troops on the ground?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Good or bad it is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that China will have control of the world in the near future as has been foretold in scriptures.

So brush up on your Cantonees, take an interest in Chinese culture(very rich) and share thoughts with your fellow humans from other parts of the planet.

Try to not look at potential evolution in terms of good or bad, that is the governments job...they like to divide the people to conquer them. We humans are all part of the same family and it's about damned time we start behaving like one.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore
Just in response to another post on the above thread, I would like to mention the fact of China shipping us toxic food and toys and the like.

I would also like to point out that huge money was spent by US lobbyists in the EU parliament and commission in order to try and get the EU to lower the standards of the consumer products and food that can be sold to the EU population so US companies could sell us toxic food. The EU had none of it.

It seems that while China may be selling you toxic products.. The US is also trying to do the same..

But you can't look at it as the Chinese government/people or US government/people doing these things.. its the corporations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join