It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

for those who want a moneyless society

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hi All,
I have been thinking about a society without money and although It sounds great and i would love to see it , i think it would be a difficult task to create a balanced system that actually works.

I have been thinking that I am certainly not alone in this and maybe we should all post ideas on how the system could work.

Maybe a great system could truly emerge ?

any way thats it, hopefully any of you who are interested and would like to contribute post in reply to this.

I'll add some of my ideas later on.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
read the serpo docs..they talk about the alien society with no money as currency...its quite interesting how they managed in the documents

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
No cashless society for me, thanks anyway.

Everything gets paid in cold hard cash. (Except the mortgage which is on automatic withdrawals from my bank account.)

I'd use a debit card but I hate keeping other people waiting in line behind me. I consider it rude to keep people waiting. It takes a lot more time to pay by debit card than by using cash.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Starred and flagged. I'm too tired to post much, but I want to say this is the most important thing we can do, end all slavery and advance with complete equality. Basically its a system of high education, no patents, no copyrights, all information is shared and belongs to everyone, in transparency. And just as kids dream what you want to be its the same thing, its a system of volunteering where all things are given and taken and projects are done with volunteers. For able bodied people, not already working full time with young children, for this is a job and respected, usually 4 hours a day, perhaps 4 days a week is all thats needed, so there is much time for family and hobbies. People can retrain at any time and the more technology the less manual labor.

You build houses, eco ones, earthship ones and plant gardens together. Jury duty rotating shifts, from the well educated citizens for management of the system .

This isn't scarsity system nor is it slavery. Its cooperative, and responsible yet free. Freedom from enforced religions, ideologies, and also slavery for the wealthy.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I have a post on another thread ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) which goes into how we can eliminate money...

It IS possible, negentropic, and allows any of us to choose our style of life for ourselves (one of an elite - or any other level that suits).

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Sorry, but it is impossible with this human race as it is. The level is just too low. As low as it can be actually.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Unity 99,thank you for speaking my mind ,I believe this is the way of the future,the only unknown is what our species will have to go through before we get there.

Unity,have you watched the video HOME yet by chance? Youtube it if you find time,it moved me and I believe you will find it interesting.

It is good to hear your perspective again.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Pitons

Oddly enough natives did it for thousands of years. And the only reason humanity as a whole has been kept down and divided is due to the ruthless, fascist dark hearted creatures controlling the world, the bloodlines.

I don't judge any human the way you just did, because they're not free. Therefore you can't tell me what they're like.

Currently exactly as things stand now there is a percentage of the population that could never imagine anyone accepting this slavery, who knew this was the right way to live all along and who are outraged that other peoples lack of awareness has deprived them of their natural inherents rights to live in this way.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

ugh, besides nearly gagging from that post . . .

sign me up.

it's real simple . . . eliminate the greed and there is no longer a need for money.

link   

has no one read the article about greece or rome outlawing money in the near future of 2011 and everyone will have to use cards there is a theory criculating that in or on the credit cards and bank cards and visas are micro chips or tracking devices of some kind just a theory?

link   
reply to post by MouldyCrumpet

U2U me with your ideas...I have my own developed and ready for implementation. I spoke about it in my thread to the PTB

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am not stuck on my own ideas only though...I think a number of systems could work. I designed mine specifically in the event of total economic collapse. How would you get your neighbors to organize and understand a economic system without currency? How would you get everyone working together as if nothing changed? Well the idea I have would get everything started again without money. It is also a balanced system where essentially government and citizens operate under different cashless monetary systems. The government at the end of the year pays the citizens back, unlike our current system. The essential driving force behind earning in this economic system is your contribution to society. People contributing to society will be well off, but nobody will be left out. Jobs will be abundant as government works to improve the quality of life for citizens when private industry has no needs for excess workers.

I was inspired for this economic system during a dream I had and have worked out the basis for it. It works no doubt about it as it is nearly identical to our current system but takes out the issues of corruption and greed. Under this system companies will work to make quality products that last a long time. There will be need for endless man hours of labor as one of the goals in this system is to automate tasks for the betterment of society as a whole. Because jobs are abundant and the government pays you taxes a citizen is not at a loss ever or out of work. They can go to work when they want, or work on projects. To start a business is free and you need only register it.

I use terms like free and taxes because I don't have another term to use. Because the system is currency less there still is a tracking method that is used so the idea is similar to currency just not identical.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
Unity 99,thank you for speaking my mind ,I believe this is the way of the future,the only unknown is what our species will have to go through before we get there.

Unity,have you watched the video HOME yet by chance? Youtube it if you find time,it moved me and I believe you will find it interesting.

It is good to hear your perspective again.

Not yet, thank you. I'll certainly be looking for it. I didn't mean to speak your mind for you though, but obviously great minds think alike.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
why are doing this and why now all of the sudden? i also heard of these chips being implanted in the newly issued passports that everyone had to get a while back,what do they want everyone to have a card for to id and track us seperate the ones who are with them or against them what are your guys thoughts on this?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nonconformist

has no one read the article about greece or rome outlawing money in the near future of 2011 and everyone will have to use cards there is a theory criculating that in or on the credit cards and bank cards and visas are micro chips or tracking devices of some kind just a theory?

This wouldn't even come close to a moneyless system. Those outlawing anything have to be the first to go. No money, no cards, no leaders save the shared rotating shifts of citizens doing their duty and taking turns. Eden.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Natives were much more advanced socially. Also their civilization was divided by small tribes which could have lived without much intervention. There's too much negative people today who would intervene in such a society and eliminate it if necessary or would transform it as liked. Yes there could be made small such societies because not all people are bad, but they would be eliminated eventually as american indians were. The world is too much populated for such societies to thrive. Humans are evolving backwards and at a fast rate imho.

Edit: About judging humans. If you follow the powers who are destroying humanity - you are like them. Just too weak to be worth more than a hot chick, money and power. But majority of the people are satisfied with this ideology and they would kill to get these resources whatever is the price.

And I am not judging. It's a fact.
[edit on 19-2-2010 by Pitons]

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Pitons]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
But I didn't say I don't like this utopian idea. Star and flag from me too.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If we were to get rid of money, then people might start trading cows, but instead of eating or milking them, they just keep them to trade. We would no loner eat beef or drink milk, but we would still have "money," just a little.....stinkier

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I don't know about Rome but in Greece they are only outlawing cash transactions above $1500. This is to try and cut down on the corruption, as Greece is probably the most corrupt country on earth. And that's not me talking; that comes from other Greeks in the other Greek threads.

And why gag on my post? You must be the person who has to swipe their card three times and start over because you forgot your PIN as a result of being nervous because there's 15 people waiting in line with folded arms and tapping their feet. Don't even try to say that debit cards are faster and more convenient than cash.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by TheComte]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

To eliminate greediness is not enough. Laziness would be next thing.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I might point out that when one says, "Get rid of money," they don't mean (unless they're the elite) transfer the legal tender to something that does not resemble a coin or bill printed. That is not "getting rid of money." It's just a face lift for money.

Getting rid of money can happen in a world of abundance - I wrote a science "fiction" book showing how this can happen if we add extracting the "Dark" Energy, the infinite, ubiquitous, and negentropic source that it is.

Beyond the entropic petrofuels we use today, the Earth has more than enough for all of us, several times over.

My book is freely offered and linked in my sig.

[edit on 2/19/2010 by Amaterasu]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join