It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen how odd the moon looks?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
so its febuary 17th 2010 and its about 9:00pm arizona time
ive just noticed how odd the moon looks, like its eclipsed in a smiley face. anyone noticed this?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It's not eclipsed. It's a New Moon. Happens every 27 days or so.
www.moonconnection.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

To all intents and purposes, if i turn my head 90 degrees counter-clockwise i can see a smile, 14% waxing crescent (as it was supposed to be tonight): can't see neither the eyes nor the nose though: in what extremely strange area of Arizona do you live, may i ask you?
Would you mind taking some pic of this very strange phenomenon?
Thanks in advance for the pic and thanks for sharing anyway

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Whats up gal. You say it's 9 pm in Arizona. I'm in Apple Valley Ca. and it's only
15 after 8 here. I thought Arizona was Pacific standard time. Am I
trippin or are you trippin. Or is this one of those time shifts? What the hell is going on?
Went out had me a looksee at the smiley face. What are you saying looks so odd friend? The way it 's eclipsed to the bottom?

Edit to change reference to gender.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yeah it's a crescent at the bottom. Unusual to me normally the crescent is positioned sideways.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I see nothing odd about the moon... I see the moon look just like this about once a month....

The position of the "cresent" Is just determined by where the shadow of the earth is hitting the moon... Nothing to worry about...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Oh great!
Now the moon is laughing at us!

Whats next??

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

oops.
The phase is determined by the shadow of the Moon on itself.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I also saw smiley moon. Yeah, it doesn't look amazingly crazy, its just at an angle so it looks like a smiley face! Which is cool.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

'allo, Arizona is one hour ahead of us, they do not do the time change, never did. When we go off daylight savings time they will be the same time as us.

I cant see the moon yet here in berzerkeley :-(

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
EARTHSHINE ALERT: When the sun sets tonight, go outside and look at the Moon. It is an exquisite ~7% crescent.

Earthshine is the light of our own planet shining down on the Moon's dark terrain. It makes a ghostly image of the full Moon inside the horns of the crescent.

source: spaceweather

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
remember people today is ash Wednesday and a new moon on that date must mean something to someone somewhere

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Photos please!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
How weird. I saw the moon earlier tonight and I was thinking I'd never seen a moon like that--with the crescent on the bottom and tinted kind of orange. Very unusual, IMO. Was there supposed to be some kind of special moon tonight? I'm in Central California.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by trig_grl
so its febuary 17th 2010 and its about 9:00pm arizona time
ive just noticed how odd the moon looks, like its eclipsed in a smiley face. anyone noticed this?

Are 9 or 11?

Maybe you should look more often in the sky?

[edit on 18-2-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux

WHAT THE HELL? HOLY SHIIIII What is going on in in that picture? It's like a picture from a sci-fi movie. You know, a planet that has like 3 suns. That picture must be photo shoped.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Yeah it's a crescent at the bottom. Unusual to me normally the crescent is positioned sideways.

Not when it's a "young moon" (a very thin waxing crescent), which by definition is closely following the Sun. The Sun dipped below the horizon about 2 1/2 hours earlier and is now lighting up that portion of the Moon.

Think about it...a Moon that is near the horizon (such as a young Moon) will have it's "lit" portion on the side closest to the Sun, and the Sun had set just below the horizon ("below" the Moon) a few hour earlier.

Actually, when that very same young moon rose yesterday morning (which rose about 1 1/2 hours after sunrise) , the crescent would have been on the top of the moon -- i.e. the side facing the sun. However, it was already daylight at moonrise, and the very thin sliver is practically impossible to see in the bright sunrise-sky between the Sun and the horizon.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Looking at the moon on a regular basis is kind of a family thing with us and we all noticed the difference yesterday. Not saying it has never done that before because of course I am no scientist but there was definitely something that stood out last night. We said the same thing. Looks like a smile. Our location is SC. Glad someone posted the photos.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by millionairemommy]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

I believe what we are seeing in this type of crescent moon is anything but normal. The moon has its phases and there is no phase that looks like a crescent smiley face at the bottom. Take a look at the moon phases jpeg that someone posted and you will see what we should see when we look up at the moon at any given time of the month.

Not even an eclipse would show us such a sight. So, if this is not normal then what could be going on is indeed a legitimate question.

Well, lets think about this for just a second and realize that if the moon phases are not showing as they should be then something must have happened to our polar axis or our rotation around the sun. If such a change has occurred, then I believe it can be detected and if we can can get someone to actually tell us the truth we may just find that some strange things are occurring that is physically changing what we view from day to day.

While I personally believe such an event is part of a continuing time line disruption that is getting out of control. While the changes are not always permanent from time to time there are those like yourself and that includes myself that viewed the moon and wondered what was going on that would allow me to see such a view of the moon.

I am confident more incidents will be captured and witnessed by enough people to begin to see that what we see today we may not see tomorrow. While we may have witnessed something unusual, I feel it is related to much more than we are suppose to know about.

Thanks for your posting and I for one totally agree that what you saw was not normal by any sense of the imagination.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join