It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Explodes Outside JPMorgan Athens Office, No Injuries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Bomb Explodes Outside JPMorgan Athens Office, No Injuries

www.bloomberg.com

Feb. 16 (Bloomberg) -- A bomb exploded outside the offices of JPMorgan Chase & Co. in central Athens today, local police said.

No one was injured in the incident, said police spokesman Loukas Krikos in a telephone interview. Police received a warning call half an hour before the explosion and sealed off the area, he said. The bomb was placed at the entrance of the building and the bank’s offices are on the second floor, the spokesman said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Looks like things in Greece are starting to really heat up again. It won't be long before this kind of mayhem will be seen on the streets of America without anything anyone can do to stop it.

Nearly the whole world has been trapped by the Instant Gratification way of life, it is that very way of life that made it ok to pile on debt for the temporary satisfaction of higher status. Events like these will multiply.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-2-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Agreed! However, I don't see a civilian uprising against corporations and greedy bankers as a bad thing. In fact I see it as something that desperately needs to happen before their powers become so far reaching that an uprising would be nigh on impossible.

The human race needs to reverse it's trajectory very quickly otherwise we are destined for ruin.

IRM

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I don't see it as a bad thing either. But what happens after? If we can't get our # together after such an uprising, then what will we be left with? A military dictatorship? A Police State? We already have the infrastructure in place for such a government, and it may very well be that we only fight to achieve this in the end. America is not cohesive enough for a revolution of mind or arms. But directed anger such as vandalism and bombings will take place here. Only time stands between us and chaos.

I'm not hoping for it because I don't want to see my country destroyed, yet I realize that such a change is necessary from time to time.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

This is great! We need to see more of this!

This is a success for three reasons:

1: The bomb actually went off
2: It went off at a JPMorgan building
3: No innocent life was lost

It's a shame none of the enemy was taken out in the blast, but I think the message was still sent to those who own that building that we're getting fed up with their bull# and we're willing to take what ever action necessary to fight back.

I'd like to buy a drink for and shake the hand of whoever set this bomb. I think this is a good start to accomplishing what needs to be accomplished: a worldwide revolution.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
They were 300 against lot of nations... They were greek (ok, spartans)...
If they start to show the wolrd how to respond to bankster it will hurt a lot...
But well done : no injuries and no dead !

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

This is great! We need to see more of this!

This is a success for three reasons:

1: The bomb actually went off
2: It went off at a JPMorgan building
3: No innocent life was lost

It's a shame none of the enemy was taken out in the blast, but I think the message was still sent to those who own that building that we're getting fed up with their bull# and we're willing to take what ever action necessary to fight back.

I'd like to buy a drink for and shake the hand of whoever set this bomb. I think this is a good start to accomplishing what needs to be accomplished: a worldwide revolution.

Killing brings more killing. If you want a revolution, start a march into the capital, once you get in, sit on the floor, flood the place with people refusing to get up. Let yourself get hurt, but never give in. That is the way to change a country.

No violence, only peace.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Those are some really nice sentiments mate! I truly believe that!

It even worked for Gandhi... for a little while at least. But he eventually died for his idealism... and look at the growing decadence in India now.

If only the change that Gandhi tried to usher in was permanent.

This is a very complex problem.

IRM

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I'm pretty tired of this hippie crowd offering the "no violence, only peace" solution. It doesn't work. We need an armed revolution worldwide. Otherwise, we have no chance.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
(UPDATE)

Bomber Warned News Paper of attack in Advance

A medium sized-bomb exploded Tuesday at a building housing offices of J.P. Morgan, the financial services firm, Greek police said.

A warning was phoned to a Greek newspaper 30 minutes before the explosion, and police evacuated the building, police spokesman Takis Papapetropoulos told CNN.

No one was hurt. The callers did not identify themselves, he said.

The warning call "means they don't want to have victims," he said. "They never say who it is when they call. They claim it after."

The call came about 7:15 p.m. (12:15 p.m. ET), he said.

There were at least two bombings in Athens last year, one targeting a politician's office and the other at a real estate office. There was also an attack on a television station by masked gunmen on motorcycles who threw a homemade explosive, authorities said at the time.

This is getting interesting I'd say.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Don't get suckered into propaganda.

The ones that are setting off these explosions are agents and police pretending to be rioters.

This way it gives the government power to crack down on the "Truth Movement".

Why do you think they chose JPMorgan?

They chose that location to show that the people are "dangerous" and are after the "bankers" so they need to be a crack down.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

With everything that has been happening in Greece over the last 2 years...Sorry, I'm not buyin' it. This really is part of a much bigger revolt against the government and financial institutions in Greece.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Phlynx

I'm pretty tired of this hippie crowd offering the "no violence, only peace" solution. It doesn't work. We need an armed revolution worldwide. Otherwise, we have no chance.

I don't support killing to bring a point across. Non violence is the only way to go if you want a revolution. Although you have the same ideology as me, I will not join with someone who will kill for a belief.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Violent revolutions are not about arbitrarily killing. They're about self defense in response to unnecessary force with the weight of unjust law. You're talking about a political revolution, which may very well happen(it's the path I'm hoping for), but the way things are going you have to account for the person who is desperate and more willing to kill than you are, to add to potential armed conflict with government forces.

Self defense is a must not an option.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
I will not join with someone who will kill for a belief.

It's not a belief. It's self defense. This is not only our way of life but our right to live being threatened. These people will stop at nothing to serve their own interests. They will kill innocents to satisfy their greed and lust for power.

We can't allow that to continue to happen, and the only way to stop it is an armed revolution.

When I say I support an armed revolution, I am simply talking about the targeting and "termination" of those who are guilty of ruining the lives of billions of people worldwide. Most notably the international banking elite.

I am not advocating the killing of the innocent. I am advocating the removal of the guilty for their crimes against the innocent. There is a difference between the brand of killing I support and the brand of killing you assume I am supporting.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I will not join with someone who will kill for a belief.

It's not a belief. It's self defense. This is not only our way of life but our right to live being threatened. These people will stop at nothing to serve their own interests. They will kill innocents to satisfy their greed and lust for power.

We can't allow that to continue to happen, and the only way to stop it is an armed revolution.

When I say I support an armed revolution, I am simply talking about the targeting and "termination" of those who are guilty of ruining the lives of billions of people worldwide. Most notably the international banking elite.

I am not advocating the killing of the innocent. I am advocating the removal of the guilty for their crimes against the innocent. There is a difference between the brand of killing I support and the brand of killing you assume I am supporting.

I will not kill in self defense either. I will fight to disarm, even if it means injuring the other person, but I will never kill them.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I will not kill in self defense either. I will fight to disarm, even if it means injuring the other person, but I will never kill them.

Well awesome for you. I'll have your cookie ready when you come to attempt to disarm me.

Your "anti-violence" stance is completely contradictory to what nature intended. Survival of the fittest and kill or be killed are not just ideas or theories. They are facts. People like you will be left behind to wither away while people like those willing to fight for their lives and freedoms will advance and survive.

Simply because we are human and have the capability to "think" and seek other alternatives to the violence and killing that nature requires of us does not make us right. Just because it sounds good and the decent thing to do in your head does not make it a realistic alternative. Nature's way is always the right and only way.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well awesome for you. I'll have your cookie ready when you come to attempt to disarm me.

Your "anti-violence" stance is completely contradictory to what nature intended. Survival of the fittest and kill or be killed are not just ideas or theories. They are facts. People like you will be left behind to wither away while people like those willing to fight for their lives and freedoms will advance and survive.

Simply because we are human and have the capability to "think" and seek other alternatives to the violence and killing that nature requires of us does not make us right. Just because it sounds good and the decent thing to do in your head does not make it a realistic alternative. Nature's way is always the right and only way.

Killing of your own species is not the way nature goes. Do you see other animals fighting and killing each other besides humans? Humans should die naturally, that is how we should evolve. No inter-species killing, that just screws with evolution to much and makes a way to violent species.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Animals fight and kill each other all the time...Your point? Some even commit what we would call murder. You may want to do a bit of fact checking.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Phlynx

Animals fight and kill each other all the time...Your point? Some even commit what we would call murder. You may want to do a bit of fact checking.

Not many animals do, a few do, and humans are one of those few. It doesn't make it evolutionarily good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join