It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics Attacking Toyota - This Stinks !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
When my girl and I purchased a new car in Oct of 08. We did a fair amount of research, including Consumer Reports. We decided on the 2009 Prius. So far, never a problem never a complaint. Nor have any of our friends here in HelL. A. who own a Prius (7 friends and maybe 10 to 15 acquaintances) had anything negative to say about the car either.
Point being, now that the recall is on everybody's tongue, all anyone talks about is the 'failiers'. Yet I have not talked to anyone face to face who has had a problem with their Toyota. It always comes back to something they heard or a friend of a friend, never their own personal experience.
This whole recall thing, and the timing of it, seems awful convenient and smacks of more than meets the eye. A recall is important because of what could happen to some of the cars, not what is inevitable for every car in the line. Perception of what is, and the manipulation of that perception is the underlying problem.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stoner713

If Team Obama keeps attacking Toyota they may just shut down
all american manufacturing plants and throw them out of work.
- You teach people how to treat you. -

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
No matter what had been said, a problem exists, which is why Toyota is recalling its vehicles. This is a fact, otherwise they would not had expand such expenditure in this critical period of low consumer confidence, and even the head of Toyata made a bow of apology to the american public. They dont bow for nothing!

It doesnt matter if it is a GM car, BMW, Hummer or whatever, the critical thing is HUMAN LIVES ARE A STAKE as cases reported. Other poor features of the car, one can laff it off but where human lives are at stake, there is nothing wrong in recalling vehicles and checking it one more time.

Human lives are more precious than anything else. The recall is a responsible thing to do. The regional managers, sales managers, and sales staffs, production staff may lose a few bucks or those responsible may lose their jobs and thus the rants here, but nothing can be more IMPORTANT than human lives!

Let's stick to the facts, and only in denying ignorance and to stop continuing to live in denial, can we improve, regardless if it is GM or Toyota car.

Get it rectified and people will continue to buy Toyota cars or GM cars, based on their needs no matter what others may say. Blaiming the govt on presumed conspiracies is a no brainer at best, at worst, self interests that is detrimental to HUMAN LIVES!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The problems will get fixed. Team Obama is just being an opportunist
and adding to the mess with their political power.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1
There is no attack here, these stories are pretty much common for any recall especially ones that affect parts that could possibly create a major disaster on our highways to do anything less would be irresponsible.

Remember the K-Car? Anyone? The answer for bailing out Chrysler at the time?

Biggest pile of junk ever manufatured. A death trap cheeply made. Ball joints made of fiber known for breaking at high speeds. Many deaths and injuries. This story was kicked to the back burner untill it got really bad.

Anyway yes this is ugly what they are doing and it wont work in the end.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
No matter what had been said, a problem exists, which is why Toyota is recalling its vehicles. This is a fact, otherwise they would not had expand such expenditure in this critical period of low consumer confidence, and even the head of Toyata made a bow of apology to the american public. They dont bow for nothing!

They know in their wisdom that it is better to show contrition here. You wouldnt get this or the coverage if it were a GM car.

Besides Toyota and Honda take a lot of pride in the relationship they have made with the american public over the years.

Does anyone remember that right before all this started that Toyota had posted more sales than all the american firms combined?

Gangsters American Gangsters.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If I was in the market for a new car I would probably purchase a Toyota because with all of this attention on them you can be sure new cars will be engineered with a lot more attention to detail going forward.

For the CEO to apologize publicly was huge for a Japanese and I have a lot of respect for him doing that.

I also believe if this recall was for a GM product you wouldn't hear about it nearly as much as you are now and this is one of the issues I have with the Government taking over corporations.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

I agree with what you said, and if this is the general feeling on the contrition and better work ethics of the Japanese, then it is indeed something americans and its leadership must learn from.

No point in calling ourselves the best if we are incapable of learning and improving. The Toyota recall is really an important lesson ALL entreprenuers must learn, from creating the product, fine tuning it to prevent errors, to selling it and taking full responsibility for it, no matter the costs.

And this will ensure market loyalty as well as growth for the american economy and more jobs being created by worldwide respect and demand.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stoner713
When my girl and I purchased a new car in Oct of 08. We did a fair amount of research, including Consumer Reports. We decided on the 2009 Prius. So far, never a problem never a complaint. Nor have any of our friends here in HelL. A. who own a Prius (7 friends and maybe 10 to 15 acquaintances) had anything negative to say about the car either.

Nothing like user testimony.

Truth is that many many americans have made the decision long ago that Toyota is a quality auto. The folks doing war with Toyota now are the same ones that have been getting the crap kicked out of them for years.

These gangsters dont respect the american buyers decision based on years of quality reports and user exsperince about Toyota. They think the sheep will just dump them on a flurry of bad reports. Gangsters cant compete against a decades old wall of quality. Want it now, wont work.

Gangster Americans trying to destroy Toyota in the minds of americans is like farting in a whirlwind in the end.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Destroying Toyota or not, I would personally recommend everyone with a Prius to go for a check up. As mentioned, human lives are more precious than anything else.

The decision to stick or to disregard Toyota, a foreign brand, is still within the rights of the american free people, no matter what those with vested interest will enfore, for or against the company.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've had my Toyota for 12 years now and have been very happy with it. It's about time for a new car, though, and I'm not sure I will get another one.

The flaws that have been found in several models over several years (these are not just flukes in one particular small group) are cause for real concern.

I hope Toyota has learned from its mistakes. But I hesitate to buy a recent one, especially a Camry, for fear it may be one of the faulty ones.

IMO it's probably more likely that next year's models will be more reliable.

BTW: Why is everything in the world due to some sneaky plot by President Obama?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

The 2010 Honda Accord looks great.
A Ford SUV would be my next choice.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
The media seems to love giving Toyota grief because they had one recall. GM, Ford, and Chrysler seem to have dozens of recalls each decade. The fact of the matter is, if you buy a Toyota, the chances of you getting hurt because of a sticky gas pedal are still very small. On the other hand, if you buy GM, Ford, or Chrysler, the chance of you getting a lemon is near 100%.

I'm getting real tired of this BS. American cars are just as reliable as foreign cars.

Most Reliable Cars 2008 Edition

Buick, Lincoln, Cadillac, Ford, Mercury, and Chrysler are more dependable than BMW or Mercedees. Buick was actually rated the most dependable. Mercury was ranked higher than Infiniti, Acura, Honda, and Audi. Scion, a Toyota brand, was actually in the bottom seven. It was beaten by KIA for gods sake. The german engineered Volkswagen is the second worst.
2009 Most Dependable Cars

So, how about a little honesty in the discussion please. All manufacturers have recalls.

Uh, that data on Chrysler cars being reliable has to be wrong. I know three people who bought Dodge Calibres around these parts and are having nothing but trouble with them. The Chrysler Sebring continues to be one of the worst engineered cars ever.

In the past I've owned two Chevy vehicles. One made back in 78 believe it or not and the other in 91. The 78 lasted quite a while, but the 91 was crap. My mother-in-law owned a 2001 Cavalier that she finally got rid of after the alternator, starter, exhaust, power steering pump all failed and had to be replaced.

Ford is the only domestic car company left because they didn't take government bailout funds and they make decent cars and trucks. Ford, Honda and Toyota are the only companies I will buy cars from ever again.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

If you actually read the reports you will see that Chrysler and Dodge are listed seperately. They are made by the same parent company but are sold under different badges. In many cases they are built in different plants and go under different QC guidelines.

The Dodge brand is below average in overall quality. The Chrysler brand product beats the industry average. Read the articles and do a little thinking before trying to debunk the information.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Chrysler Sebring - one of the top 10 worst of 2007.

www.wired.com...

Chrysler Sebring, Chysler Aspen - two of the top 10 worst cars of 2008.

www.thetruthaboutcars.com...

Depreciation ratings:

All but 1 Chrysler vehicle rated 1 and 2 stars which is the worst ratings. The Town and Country got three stars. No Chrysler cars received 4 or 5 stars.

www.alg.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You are talking about depreciation and fit and finish of interior parts. I am talking about reported problems per 100 cars sold over a three year period.

Can you see how the TTAC article is an opinion piece? Does depreciation effect how often a car goes in to the shop? The truth of the matter is that my Buick is less likely to end up in the shop than a BMW of the same year. A chrysler may be less safe in a crash, but it experiences less problems than a BMW.

An M3 is more fun to drive than a 300C. I will not argue that point. I also won't argue when studies show that there are less proplems reported with Chyrslers than Mercedees or BMWs.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by MikeNice81]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Jovi1

The government is going out of its way to get Toyota.

How is this?

And do you know that the President and CEO of Toyota doesn't even drive a Toyota?

He was seen driving away at a conference in Switzerland in a competitors vehicle.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Koolcdj69

Yeah, Toyota does that a lot.
They basically make really good/better copies.
It was the same with German cameras.
The Japanese look at it and then replicate and optimize.
The Lexus was basically a better Mercedes.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by 297GT

I hate to say it but in reported problems 2005 and 2006 BMWs are less reliable than several American companies. I drive a Buick and have had zero problems in two years. With over 40,000 miles on the car there hasn't been a single problem I could attribute to the manufacturer.

People can argue all they want but J.D Power and associates are considerred a highly respected authority in this area.

I can argue all I want because I am reporting real life and not some study with numerical results that well can be made to say anything I want...

What is the best form of advertising...word of mouth!
why? because it's real life, real people with real experiences.

The problem is everyone wants champagne on a beer budget.
You cant have everything...and for the costs I would choose Toyota/Lexus any day of the week. Mater of fact I did just that and bought a Lexus...Which for the people not in the know is just a Toyota in Japan.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by 297GT]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I totally agree with you. If I was Toyota, I would simply pull the plug on its American factories. Obviously when Toyota ran their own factories outside of the United States, things ran smooth. So they build in the States and all of a sudden we are putting a squeeze on them.

I have two Toyota's and have not had a problem with them. They continue to run excellent with regular checkups.

I would still continue to buy Toyota.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join