It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do Aliens think of Humans?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Of course, we must first assume Aliens exist, and obviously, there is quite a number of people on ATS who do not believe (or are unsure) that Aliens exists....but assuming Aliens do exist, and have been visiting Earth for some time, what do you think they would think of us? I believe it is a mix of love and hate...well maybe hate, isn't the right word...this article below accurately describes exactly how I think Aliens look at Humans...here is a small extract:

Who and What are the Extraterrestrial Cosmic Powers

ETI, because of this deplorable cognitive state of humanity, find virtually all human beings of the planet Earth to be incredibly boring and pathetic. Intellectually and psychically, human beings are regarded as dull and undeveloped, lacking higher psychic functions, and hardly worthy of being called "human". Humanity is on average subhuman from the standpoint of ETI. When human beings from Earth are occasionally brought to other star-systems or taken on space voyages, they are treated more as pets or retarded imbeciles.
------
ETI sees human beings of Earth as lacking genuine Free Will. Though human beings pride themselves on "thinking for themselves", "not belonging to cults", "making their own choices" and so on, it is hard to find an authentic human being who does real thinking, is free from prejudice and possessing an individual decision-system that acts with a freedom to act beyond mere habit, conditioning, routine or clinging to familiar things, people and ideas.

Human beings are seen as something more like helpless robots running in programmed ruts than actual free spirits who can understand or do something unusual or "out of character" for them. Human beings, like herd animals, cling to conditioned norms and pseudo-moralities (like the "War on Terror") even when the norms and pseudo-moralities are destructive to their health and sanity. They tend to hate anyone who is "different", so various cultures, subcultures, nations, languages and peoples are all treated as virtual enemies. In fact, anyone who is "different" or "foreign" is even called "alien", as if they might as well be Extraterrestrials, who they also call Aliens.

Now, this guy is crude and harsh in what he says, but he is absolutely correct IMO, he couldn't get any closer to the truth, it's right on the money. This article was written a while ago, but if you haven't, please read the full article and let me know what you think, because I believe this is one of the most important things ever written...

But we also have the other side of the argument...these Aliens would obviously be highly advanced...it is possible they respect our "primitiveness" and our ability to try and care for nature? If you have seen Avatar, you probably felt the same respect for the blue guys (sorry, forgot their name)...their simplistic lifestyle, their ability to live in harmony with nature, and their ability to enjoy and embrace life and enjoy the simple things...to take in the beauty of this universe instead of tearing it down and replacing it with artificial structures and technology...there are a great amount of people who understand and respect nature in just this way...and you can't ignore our ability to show love and passion...I don't believe we are completely boring and pathetic...although corruption and greed rules, there is still good remaining within our society...this crop circle message gave me great hope the moment I read it:

Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES.
Much PAIN but still time.
There is GOOD out there.
We OPpose DECEPTION.
Conduit CLOSING

If you haven't heard of this crop circle, I suggest you go and check it out, but I doubt many people haven't seen it, it's extremely famous. So, to finish things up, I'll just say, I do think the Aliens have a great disrespect for us, but I believe they also see something in us...some glimmer of hope...and they haven't given up on us yet...or so we can hope...thoughts?

EDIT: Sorry, link fixed. Oh...BTW, ETI = Extraterrestrial Intelligence.

[edit on 16/2/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Well, how far we've come and the accelerated rate of the development of our technology is effing AMAZING! (not counting what we don't even know about - our government/military is likely decades ahead of what we are currently aware of and amazed by).

If there are intelligent beings out there watching us, I would like to believe they are somewhat impressed with us. How we've developed.

And, before I get a lot of "Are you impressed with a colony of ants" analogies...
#1) yes, I am impressed by that, but
#2) sure, maybe they have figured out how to bend space-time to travel or develop anti-gravity technology, or whatever: but, are they capable of reasoning, sarcasm, humor, competition-sport, love(?)...?

THOSE types of things, or do they just 'exist'? - humans really are amazing - those are characteristics to be admired.

[edit on 2/16/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I think they will hate us, as we are destroying this planet! It gives us everything we need yet we still incist upon having more than we actually do!

They will see us as just animals probably inhabbiting this planet!

We have a lot more power than we actually think, spiritually and emotionally!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Yeah, most ETs think we are not much more than genetically enhanced monkeys, but we do have a lot of potential. I think a lot of ET races feel sympathy toward us because we cause ourselves so much suffering. However there is nothing they can do because we are so subservient to our human masters and would not accept their influence. If an alien race were to attempt an interaction with us, most people would be unable to cope with it. Our fear and ignorance keeps us stuck in the same patterns and prevents us from evolving. Not only are we mentally and spiritually retarded by our own design, but we are also severely damaged from all the pain and destruction we have brought upon ourselves.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf 

I think they will hate us, as we are destroying this planet! It gives us everything we need yet we still incist upon having more than we actually do!

I don't think destroying the planet is such a big deal to the ETs, because the more powerful ones can just create new planets, and new life. I think they are more disappointed than anything. We are like a failed experiment.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

#2) sure, maybe they have figured out how to bend space-time to travel or develop anti-gravity technology, or whatever: but, are they capable of reasoning, sarcasm, humor, competition-sport, love(?)...?
Well...our technological development recently has been impressive...but probably not so impressive to ET's if we did in fact get a hold of Alien technology and reverse engineer it...anyhow, that isn't the point...it's:

1- Stupid Ignorance
2- Silly Egotism
3- Biological Roboticism
4- Criminal Insanity
5- Physically Impure and Short-lived

Those are the 5 main points focused on in that article...I don't know if you've read it, but I'd suggest it, because it makes it very clear why we are a very sad species indeed...our lust for power and our ability to destroy everything around us, all on greed...and how we act like absolute mindless robots believing and doing whatever we are told, whilst we ignore the deeper aspects of reality and ourselves...I can't nearly put it as good as that guy...he explains it very, very well...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

Yeah exactly!

Look what happens to us when we try to interact with most species of animal on this planet! They are scared and usually try to ward us away even kill us!

Until we get past all our flaws and know peace, then Im affraid we are pretty much doomed!

You can thank yourselves to be quite honest. Your the ones apart of the system. You say your not a sheep but you all participate in it in some way!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

I think a lot of ET races feel sympathy toward us because we cause ourselves so much suffering.
Yes, they most likely do...

However there is nothing they can do because we are so subservient to our human masters and would not accept their influence. If an alien race were to attempt an interaction with us, most people would be unable to cope with it. Our fear and ignorance keeps us stuck in the same patterns and prevents us from evolving. Not only are we mentally and spiritually retarded by our own design, but we are also severely damaged from all the pain and destruction we have brought upon ourselves.
That's exactly right...we are our own worst enemy...but I do think the PTB have some sort of part in keeping us "stuck in the patterns" and preventing us from evolving...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

They think we are pathetic, and they are friendly, definitely - otherwise they would have taken over a long time ago.

This is why I think they think we are pathetic - because we keep killing each other.

Any race needs to stick together.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kawacat

This is why I think they think we are pathetic - because we keep killing each other.
Yes, that's probably a huge part of it...but once again, it comes down to ignorance and egotism doesn't it?

reply to post by Wolf

You can thank yourselves to be quite honest. Your the ones apart of the system. You say your not a sheep but you all participate in it in some way!
Well, it's virtually inescapable...but we do have the ability to exert some independence and question/challenge the system...that's something...right?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

No, I think it comes down to lies by the rulers of this planet.

I am sick and tired of these people who do not care about anyone.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
As if! Maybe they like us because we taste like chicken does on thier home planet.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Believe me when I say the system is not gonna last forever! People are becoming more aware and starting to question whether or not they want to be apart of it!

Lets just say im glad I was born into this world when I did!

The time for change is now!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

You know, I've been thinking about that lately - how we treat our planet, our efforts to recycle, and 'preserve' nature, etc...

You know, this planet has been here a LONG time - there really is nothing we can do in the grand scheme of things - what got me thinking about it was a reference to the 'trash island' in the middle of the ocean that we've created.

The fact is... over time.... EVERYthing is biodegradable. Eventually.

The earth has been thru many cataclysms/resets before, and it will be again. When you think of all the molten earth that will be tossed around, along with the immense and intense pressures that everything (trash, buildings, people, whatever) will be subjected to, you effectively have a 'fresh start' every 1000s-10^6s of years.

From a 'destruction of the planet' standpoint, I would think this would have to be 'overlooked' when judging us as a civilization.

Whether you're a 'greenie' or not, you have to be impressed with how we've figured out how to exploit this planet and its resources for our needs - the fact that we probably have clean/limitless energy available to us (but surpressed) is immaterial for this argument (I guess, unless you want to brag about our ingenuity).

Now, once we figure out how to harness the power of the sun, and advance as a civilization, THAT will be impressive. (Michio Kaku talks about this, and the different 'types' of civilizations)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kawacat

Well, yes, I believe the "elite" are responsible for a great amount of suffering on this planet...but maybe it is completely our fault we are where we are today? And how can we really blame them anyway? We willingly let it take place while we sat around concerned about all the material wealth the "elite" tricked us with...if is partially our fault...and I believe it isn't too late either...we can get back what was taken from us if we open our eyes, acknowledge the truth and stand together...*sighs*...like that will ever happen though...

reply to post by Wolf

The time for change is now!
Well...lets just hope so aye?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

what do you think they would think of us?

How they feel about us would be dictated by their culture and views on morality. If we're talking barbaric aliens, they might find us quite enjoyable or look on us with favor. On the same token they could be barbaric and feel as if we're not barbaric enough and can't hold a candle to them.

So all this talk about how they think, etc, it doesn't matter because as you said, we're assuming aliens are real, and since we're assuming, it doesn't make sense to assume the aliens are morally or fundamentally superior.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

From a 'destruction of the planet' standpoint, I would think this would have to be 'overlooked' when judging us as a civilization.
Well...I'd have to agree there, you're totally right, in the grand sceme of things, it practically means nothing...everything goes through cycles and resets...but I think it's more our inability to live in balance or create some sort of harmony with our environment. All we do, is mindlessly destroy it, thinking of only the immediate future, instead of future generations and the preservation of our species. It's completely ignorant and fueled only by greed. That is where they see a fault.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

YES!

We need to get up off our arses!

Who will do that?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

So all this talk about how they think, etc, it doesn't matter because as you said, we're assuming aliens are real, and since we're assuming, it doesn't make sense to assume the aliens are morally or fundamentally superior.
Maybe I should have been clearer...if they are visiting Earth, we are assuming a highly advanced species of ET's capable of travelling vast cosmic distances, probably by utilizing hyper-dimensional craft or some form of highly advanced technology...

But you are correct in your initial thoughts, we can never truly know how their minds work, and so we can't really know what they think of us...but assuming their is some sort of universal commonality between any intelligent/conscious/self-aware being...meaning, they can experience basic emotions such a love, hate and anger...we can speculate about what they may think of us...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Asking what aliens think about humans is an interesting way to learn what the person being asked thinks about humans. Their answers lend insight into how they really view their place in society and how they perceive humanity.

In the article Chiron has a lamentably high opinion of himself and a contemptuous opinion of everyone else. Almost immediately, he elevates himself above others and sets out his stall...agree with me or you are an idiot.

His claims lack any inner consistency, there's no integrity. Instead he circles the human race taking shots from every angle he can conceive of. He describes himself as superior to everyone...an 'ultraterrestrial.' Exactly what makes him so sure? Empathy? No, he's clearly not an empathetic individual. Egotism? Narcissism? Hubris? Yep, these are fairly mundane human characteristics...taken to the extreme by Chiron. Socially, the guy will be an outsider, a person that feels left out and has drifted towards bitterness. The ETI consciousness he identifies with is his own...

I hope your identification with this article isn't too committed? It's quite an unpleasant generalisation of the human race...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join