It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Phil Jones really said about global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

What Phil Jones really said about global warming

voices.kansascity.com

Read the entire interview Jones had recently with the BBC, which was the source for the Daily Mail's story.

Here's the key part of the interview regarding warming in recent years:

Question: "Do you agree that from 1995 to the present there has been no statistically-significant global warming?"

Jones: "Yes, but only just. I also calculated the trend for the period 1995 to 2009. This trend (0.12C per decade) is positive, but not significant at the 95% significance level. The positive trend is
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The positive trend is quite close to the significance level. Achieving statistical significance in scientific terms is much more likely for longer periods, and much less likely for shorter periods."

In other words, it has gotten warmer, despite what the deniers want to say.

And for good measure, here's another question and answer, verbatim:

"How confident are you that warming has taken place and that humans are mainly responsible?"

Jones: "I'm 100 percent confident that the climate has warmed. As to the second question, I would go along with IPCC Chapter 9 - there's evidence that most of the warming since the 1950s is due to human activity."

I just wanted to post this article here since there are a lot of people who seem to think that global warming is a conspiracy, or a hoax... and I say that people are right that it's a conspiracy. It's a conspiracy on a gigantic scale as to why we don't do anything about it... but recently I saw on ATS that a story broke that said that this guy said that it wasn't warming. But in reality... that doesn't seem to be what he said at all. This goes to show you that you can't really trust everything you read. I wish some people would be more careful here.

If this is the wrong place for this kind of a post, could a mod please move it to somewhere else?

voices.kansascity.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
no need to cloud the waters with facts now...

besides, there are plenty of people that truely believe the universe is around 8-10 thousand years old tops...Science is a tool to supress feelings...they feel its not happening, therefore its not happening.

I luvs me some crazy, and theres never a shortage of that lately.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I just wanted to post this article here since there are a lot of people who seem to think that global warming is a conspiracy, or a hoax

Just wait until they get here

Besides, they'll just keep up a constant barrage of questions until your brain explodes from stupidity, then you leave, and they claim they won. Lets countdown until someone says something about the snow in America...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You ever notice that ATS is home to a specific set of ideology moreso than any counter?

Its odd, I get it...its a conspiracy website which therefore attracts conspiracy theorists...but which is a bigger conspiracy theory...that environmentalists and scientists are trying to pull the wool over everyones eyes to make a few bucks in the name of global warming/climate change...
or
some politicians purchased by some big corps are pulling the wool over our eyes in the name of right wing extremism that will potentially lead to a drastic reduction in global population, of not near extinction.

I dont get it.

Sometimes I feel like someone is pulling an elaborate joke on me...like I am in some sort of Truman show but the theme is "we take a average person, and make the world go so completely insane as the norm to see if he cracks up"....

-looks for hidden cameras-

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yeah, that whole thing Rachel Maddow did with Bill Nye... She showed some clips of guys on the news networks laughing about all the snow hitting the country & asking what happened to global warming. Then, Vancouver got hit with weather in the 50's and they had to cancel a bunch of Olympic events! We'll see if those same commentators mention that.

Well, as Nye said, it's not global warming, it's global climate change. We're polluting the atmosphere with chemicals & energy, and it's causing the climate to gradually change. To think that the mass amount of pollution we've pumped out in the last 100 years isn't having an effect on our climate and environment is folly.

Cap & trade worked well in the 70's and 80's. If someone is making a profit from it, so be it. Better to profit from a solution, which is pushing in the right direction, than profit from wanton pollution.

new topics

top topics

join