It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Dalai Lama on the CIA payrol ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
So I was just finishing my coffee before bed and checking my rss bookmarks latest updates as I did and came across this post on a blog I keep an eye on here

How can the Dhali Lama claim to promote peace when he has previously praised "George Bush" during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and now is meeting with Obama? If he was truly a man of peace, he would refuse to meet with them. Webster Tarpley makes some very different assertions then what I and many others are used to. I will continue to research the Dhali Lama and hopefully I can find out the truth.

I was stunned into thinking of another angle of what we all commonly know of a happy smiling Buddhist leader who represents otherwise Peace and Tolerance.
I am going to research this aspect of the man myself tomorrow ,it's late here, but does anyone else have anything to contribute re the video or subject in the meantime?
I must say, I'm quite shocked!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is quite interesting. The Dalia lama must have something that interest Obama. Just not sure what that might be. I wonder when china is going to sell those bonds, and to who they will sell it will be important also.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by asIam

Excellent thread....

Can't wait to read more on this....

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
'Is the Dali Lama on the CIA payroll ? '

Who can say ?

In my opinion, the Dali Lama has less integrity than the creatures who allegedly slept with Tiger Woods and hawked their tales to the media

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

thanks for links SD, I have respect for you based on previous posts I've seen you make over time.
Seems like this has been discussed several times on ATSalso in the past...
ATS search results on Dalai Lama
Looks like I've a lot of reading to do before I should post anymore here in this thread.
A snippet from one of the threads listed in the search results....
Corruption of Dalai Lama

after 3 years I have finally come up with the conclusion that the all-mighty Dalai Lama is neither spirtual nor wise. The position of the Dalai Lama has been corrupted for centuries. The Tibetan Buddhist society bred some of the worse cases of slavery. They treated slaves as if they were non-existent beings, lower than any form of life, lower than a stick, lower than a grain of sand. The slaves obeyed to their master's plees, and if the masters want their brains for breakfast then they will get their brains. This is not a joke, the slave owners does not eat animal brains but human brains; they cut open the skull and pour boiling oil onto their cranium. I had known a Tibetan family whom came to the US for "refuge" after they were exiled by the Chinese government for slavery and endangering the norms of society. The family was actually one of the wealthiest in their village and owned many "servants" as they would call the slaves nowadays. From what I can recall, the last time I went to a Tibetan Buddhist museum there were drums made of human skin, rope made of hair, candles made of human body fat, and that was only a part of the exhibit which the curator seemed extremely proud of.

Well, for now I will say of all the suppressed historical information abounding these days on various conspiracies, this one seems to have been intensively and successfully buried as I have never heard anything like this before.Surprisingly , none of these threads listed ever got more than a score of replies,which I find odd for such a huge hoodwinking of the public.
Were people just not interested or did not want to know since most every one has respect for the Buddhist principles and believed them to be acted upon by it's disciples.
The problem of course isn't the principles which are worthy,but the corruption which seems equal to that of the Vatican in Catholicism .
Wow is all I can say.Just wow.
Nothing is sacred anymore out there.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
On the one hand, Webster Tarpley is a Lyndon LaRouche disciple, so it's easy for me to just dismiss him as a nut case right off the bat. On the flip side, the CIA does have a history of funding leaders in exile and subversive movements, so it wouldn't surprise me much if the Dalai Lama had gotten the occasional "anonymous donation" from time to time with a Langley return address.

As to the blog you're quoting...

How can the Dhali Lama claim to promote peace when he has previously praised "George Bush" during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and now is meeting with Obama? If he was truly a man of peace, he would refuse to meet with them.
Why WOULDN'T a spiritual, and arguably political, leader meet with whomever the sitting US president might be? Seems like good politics to argue his case to someone who CAN give him and his cause more funding or support.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
As to the blog you're quoting...

How can the Dhali Lama claim to promote peace when he has previously praised "George Bush" during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and now is meeting with Obama? If he was truly a man of peace, he would refuse to meet with them.

Why WOULDN'T a spiritual, and arguably political, leader meet with whomever the sitting US president might be? Seems like good politics to argue his case to someone who CAN give him and his cause more funding or support.

Exactly, JoshNorton. Not only that but it goes against his policy of open dialogue and communication to resolve disputes. This blog insinuating that "he's truly not a man of peace" because he doesn't refuse to meet leaders -- whoever those leaders might be -- and talk with them is quite possibly the most stupid thing I can remember reading in about 57 days.

And so what if he's taken some cash off CIA? This isn't a "black" or "white" only universe and not everything Central Intelligence Agency does is "bad," automatically corrupting anyone who's ever been involved or associated with them for whatever reason so we can oh-so-conveniently categorise them as "bad" as well.

Besides, the more funds given to the Tibetans (in exile or not) means the less there is for opium, shooting random people in the neck and head, or bugging conspiracy theorists mouths for no reason at all other than to satisfy the curiosity of what it sounds like in there when they eat or drink. 'Cause lately I can't see a single reason why they'd bug our faces to listen to what we're saying.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Only highlights the ignorance of what the Dhali Lama is,does and believes in.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The Dalai Lama is not on CIA payroll. His brother was part of a resistance group that was supported by CIA as he freely admits. Does anyone here have a problem with CIA fighting America's enemies? The Chinese invasion of Tibet was both illegal and brutal. Some Tibetan Buddhists do believe that it was karmic retribution for lama-ist misdeeds.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

hi Josh,
the point I think is not that he shouldn't meet with leaders, but that he should praise a known warmonger...GW,and as for Mr I'll invade Yemen ,Pakistan, Afghanistan while I accept the Nobel peace prize Obama... well,

Now if he were meeting and criticising these two "leaders" that would make sense if his intentions were honourable.
However, I am still digging for background, so sitting on the fence for now with my critical thinking eye open.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Umm, I'd reply to your comment if it wasn't just a general rant at all sorts of things.
I hope you got a bit off of your chest here and are feeling a bit better about life today.
Must ha' bin a Monday mornin' for ya ,eh?
Go walk the beach or something, you've got a lot to let go of it seems.

new topics

top topics

join