It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suit: Prostitute, strippers part of Blackwater fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Suit: Prostitute, strippers part of Blackwater fraud

www.cnn.com

Two ex-Blackwater employees allege the company charged the government for a prostitute and strippers and kept incompetent personnel for financial reasons in a systematic pattern to defraud authorities.

Melan Davis, who was involved in record-keeping, said Blackwater billed the government for prostitution services in Afghanistan from a Filipino female, whose name was on Blackwater's payroll under a category called "Morale Welfare Recreation."

She said Blackwater billed the woman's plane tickets and monthly salary to the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I think it's great that we Americans were able to pitch in and help pay for those nice young men at Blackwater to enjoy some live entertainment with a few lovely young ladies.

Has anyone heard about any postitive things this group has ever accomplished besides murder, tax evasion, bilking the govt., physical assault, and rape? Just curious because I personally resent the fact that these guys have been in these foreign countries acting on behalf of the U.S. while committing these crimes

It really is scary; although the CIA might give them a run for their money when it comes to who gets the blue ribbon for having the most thugs

I don't believe our government has stopped using these guys for ops in these wars and I think we have not heard the last of their crimes.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Unfortunately, Blackwater is a dead issue. But it's also important information. Hopefully it can be used to help bring Blackwater down.

...Also unfortunately, prostitutes are essential to war efforts and have been since the beginning of war. I assume other agencies provide the same services to their soldiers fighting on whatever fronts. ...Like the American military - the appearance of brothels in Viet Nam, Cambodia, Thailand along with military action is legendary.

S&F for you.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Its amazing how a bit of Tang can ease the burden of War eh !
The government are a bit touchy cause the plane /meal tickets cost 8 times more than the prostitute !!! They should have wrote it off as 5 meal deals from Macdonalds !!! And thats being Safe !!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

...Also unfortunately, prostitutes are essential to war efforts and have been since the beginning of war. I assume other agencies provide the same services to their soldiers fighting on whatever fronts. ...Like the American military - the appearance of brothels in Viet Nam, Cambodia, Thailand along with military action is legendary.

Maybe from a male perspective, prostitutes are "essesntial" during wartime. However, this article doesn't say our government was knowingly providing these services. It says the Blackwater guys were using trickery to pay for these bills at the expense of the unwitting taxpayer. I'm sure you're right about the brothels, but are you trying to say that our government has paid for these services for our military and openly admitted it on their accounting records? I find that hard to believe, but stranger things have happened. I don't think the average American taxpayer would share your level of comfort about the possibility that he/she was paying for our soldiers' sexual indulgences.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I just want to go on record as saying that I was an American soldier and I never once received or heard of any sexual services.

If the US military wanted me to have sexual services while deployed then they would have issued me a pocket... Well, that's beside the point.

new topics

top topics

join