It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man with weapons cache was preparing for Armageddon

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

But it would of been illegal to buy 20 guns in 9 months. He would of only been allowed 9 in 9 months in Virginia.
www.vsp.state.va.us...

The 1993 Virginia General Assembly amended and reenacted §18.2-308.2:2, Code of Virginia, making it unlawful for any person who is not a licensed firearms dealer to purchase more than 1 handgun within any 30-day period. The Virginia State Police is responsible for accepting and processing the Multiple Handgun Purchase Application and Multiple Handgun Purchase Certificate, when purchases in excess of one handgun within a 30-day period can be justified.

Also the gun range

§§ 18.2-279. Discharging firearms or missiles within or at building or dwelling house; penalty.

If any person maliciously discharges a firearm within any building when occupied by one or more persons in such a manner as to endanger the life or lives of such person or persons, or maliciously shoots at, or maliciously throws any missile at or against any dwelling house or other building when occupied by one or more persons, whereby the life or lives of any such person or persons may be put in peril, the person so offending is guilty of a Class 4 felony. In the event of the death of any person, resulting from such malicious shooting or throwing, the person so offending is guilty of murder in the second degree. However, if the homicide is willful, deliberate and premeditated, he is guilty of murder in the first degree.

If any such act be done unlawfully, but not maliciously, the person so offending is guilty of a Class 6 felony; and, in the event of the death of any person resulting from such unlawful shooting or throwing, the person so offending is guilty of involuntary manslaughter. If any person willfully discharges a firearm within or shoots at any school building whether occupied or not, he is guilty of a Class 4 felony.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

But it would of been illegal to buy 20 guns in 9 months. He would of only been allowed 9 in 9 months in Virginia.

In VA there are a large amount of private sales, anyone can buy as many sidearms as they like as long as the sidearm is legal and it is a private sale. I bought 3 revolvers in the past 2 weeks.

Also the gun range

§§ 18.2-279. Discharging firearms or missiles within or at building or dwelling house; penalty.

I am not arguing this at all I have rarely seen an in house range and when I have it has been someone with a lot of money who went through the legal work to get it. I have a ballistics barrel in my house...so I guess I am a corrupt cop breaking the law and all that
. But seriously this guy looked like he needed to be kept away from any weapons if he really said what his wife said that he said...

Secure

[edit on 15-2-2010 by xXxtremelySecure]

[edit on 15-2-2010 by xXxtremelySecure]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

I smell a BIG law suit coming on 2nd amendment , right to self preservasion and ect. sounds like some one had a personal grudge against him and did him bad

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I guess you fall between the cracks.

Law Enforcement Officers are not subject to the handgun purchase restriction of Section 18.2-308.2:2, Code of Virginia. A law-enforcement officer means any employee of a police department or sheriff's office that is part of or administered by the Commonwealth or any political subdivision thereof, and who is responsible for the prevention and detection of crime and the enforcement of the penal, traffic or highway laws of the Commonwealth.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Honestly in reality a lot of officers probably wouldn't care anyway when coming across a private collection of guns as to when they were purchased if they were purchased privately. Recording when you purchased a gun privately apparently isn't required by law.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Weird. Here in Georgia and in my area (yes the area I patrol) I can name atleast 20 guys who have more than 50 guns and every bit of 100,000 rounds of ammo stored. Gas masks, MRE's, etc....and we don't bother them. Makes me wonder if there is more to this or if MASS is just that liberal.

In my county as a whole there are A LOT of guns. Hell I know of 6 class III owners who own machine guns and have for years....never executed a search warrant at their homes either. Hmmmmm...again, must be MASS or this guy upset someone up there that has pull....

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Yea they would over look it until they decide they want to find something on you, then they pull out the laws nobody every heard of.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Yea they would over look it until they decide they want to find something on you, then they pull out the laws nobody every heard of.

With private firearm sales I don't see how they could make a case against someone who has no records as to when they privately purchased each gun, unless they just aren't old enough to have purchased them all legally in the given amount of time. It would be the owner's word against the officer or state's word, and the officer or state would be the one making the case so the burden of proof would be on them since I'm not seeing any law that requires purchase dates be recorded in the first place.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
In my county as a whole there are A LOT of guns. Hell I know of 6 class III owners who own machine guns and have for years....never executed a search warrant at their homes either. Hmmmmm...again, must be MASS or this guy upset someone up there that has pull....

On my beat alone I can think of 7 Class III owners and numerous other stockpiles. I don't know about Georgia but in my city I would say 1 in every 25 open carry and 1 in every 50 have a ccw permit. I never harass them, heck I have had civilians back me up while I was under fire once...

Secure

PS What is your console weapon?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

As bad as this is going to sound I didn't know that(I am still such a rookie
). I almost always bought mine as private sales anyway(no paperwork).

Secure

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

www.vsp.state.va.us...

The 1993 Virginia General Assembly amended and reenacted §18.2-308.2:2, Code of Virginia, making it unlawful for any person who is not a licensed firearms dealer to purchase more than 1 handgun within any 30-day period. The Virginia State Police is responsible for accepting and processing the Multiple Handgun Purchase Application and Multiple Handgun Purchase Certificate, when purchases in excess of one handgun within a 30-day period can be justified.

The Law that you posted is commonly refered to in Virginia as " The one gun a month law" However I would like to clarify that it only pertains to "HAND GUNS" IE "PISTOLS" it does not include rifles, shotguns, or any other "Long gun"...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxtremelySecure[/i heck I have had civilians back me up while I was under fire once...

Secure

When did this happen?? Heck It might have been me that was there.. (seriously)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
www.gloucestertimes.com...

Police file new charges
More weapons found in 'Armageddon' case

By Jonathan Phelps
Staff Writer

MANCHESTER — The local man who told police last week he was gearing up for "Armageddon" is now facing more weapons charges.

Gregory Girard, 45, was arrested last Tuesday night for having explosive hand-grenade devices and illegal police batons amongst a stockpile of other weapons and ammunition in his Bridge Street condominium.

Acting on two further warrants, the Manchester Police Department last Friday searched Girard's condo for the first time after his arrest, and also searched inside his 40-foot sail boat that is stored at Manchester Marine on Ashland Avenue for the first time.

After the searches, Girard, 45, of 23B Bridge St., was further charged by police with two counts of possessions of modified gun silencers and two counts of possession of a dangerous weapon after police found two double-edged knives, which are illegal, according to Police Officer Kevin Clary.

At 1:20 p.m. Friday, two .12-gauge shotguns along with ammunition for the weapon were found in the bathroom of the boat, Clary said.

Later in the day, around 4:10 p.m., police also searched the condo, where they found the double-edged knives in a dresser drawer and another .12-gauge shotgun and ammunition in a grandfather clock.

So I guess he had weapons on his 41' slooth Courage. Plus silencers. The double edge knife hing is a joke.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SideWynder
BSBRAY11 is correct when he states that the 2nd ammendment is part of our constitution, And I will be presumptuous enough to say that most people world wide that are familliar with the US. constitution know about it.

You are right. Even people who aren't familiar with the US Constitution are aware of that infamous amendment.

Compared to the rest of the worlds nations, "Americans" are still not very far removed from the original "settlers" and alot of thier Ideologies.

Perhaps it is time for some Americans to grow up a little.

I still believe that one of the greatest freedoms, as well as one of the greatest acts of an "open fair" government, is its willingness to allow its citizens to be armed.

Why? What is so valuable about it? Do you seriously believe that gun control creates a police state?

In regards to outlawing all guns, with the exception for law officers and the military, in the US. I will say that at this point in time, I do not believe it is feasable.

That is a tragedy, not an excuse.

I doubt that in "Texas" for example they would have harped about that small ammount of guns or ammo...(comparitively speaking).

No more than an alcoholic would consider an outhouse-sized liquor cabinet excessive, I suppose. Whatever your own opinons, your post nicely illuminates precisely how hopeless the prospects for a safer and more peaceful America have become.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

My advice to you is just stay in whatever Nanny State you live in and don't worry about Americans and our guns. Many/most of us grew up around them, we know how to use them, and the only way they will be taken from us, is "from our cold dead hands."

You have your country, your laws, we have our country, and our laws. If you have THAT much of a problem with it -- you are always free to come over here and try to do something about it. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxtremelySecure[/i heck I have had civilians back me up while I was under fire once...

Secure

When did this happen?? Heck It might have been me that was there.. (seriously)

Are you a 60 year old man or a 24 year old woman that was in Southern VA last December?

Secure

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

And that's what rocks about gun rights. Some bad guy (let me guess, he obtained his gun illegally?) decides to shoot it out with a cop and finds himself completely outgunned by armed citizens.

I just don't understand how anybody who knows about the founding ideals of the United States can sit there from some other country and demand that we give up our guns, just because they don't like them. It all comes down to refusal to understand our culture in order to keep ones own mind "firmly closed." Ignorance doesn't get any less denied than that.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

And that's what rocks about gun rights. Some bad guy (let me guess, he obtained his gun illegally?) decides to shoot it out with a cop and finds himself completely outgunned by armed citizens.

I will tell you as much as I can with out getting into trouble. I responded to a robbery in progress call at a convenience store that gets robbed all the time(I wish the employees were armed), As soon as I pull in the parking lot the subject(who was coming out the door) opens fire on my cruiser, I took cover behind my front tire and return 2 rounds before my weapon jamed at which point a female college student(24) retrieves her .38 revolver from her dash and opens fire upon the subject managing to hit the subject in the ankle and foot. A few seconds after this I have pulled my secondary weapon from in my vest and as I prepared to return fire an old man(I think 60) fired with his .44 mortally wounding the suspect. Afterwords I was cleared by the VSP and the two that assisted were cleared as well(But they didn't get a 2 week paid leave).

Secure

PS please forgive my bad typing I just got off of a 12hr 6 hours ago.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by xXxtremelySecure]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Sorry, I am somewhere inbetween.. lol.. The incident I was involved in happened in Hopewell, 2 years ago...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

I still believe that one of the greatest freedoms, as well as one of the greatest acts of an "open fair" government, is its willingness to allow its citizens to be armed.

Why? What is so valuable about it? Do you seriously believe that gun control creates a police state?

I would say that the potential for a police state would be higher. But that was not my point. I was attempting to illustrate the "trust" of any government, to allow its citizens to be armed. Apparently I did a poor job of it. My fault.(poor wording,I am tired just got home. please excuse me.)

In regards to outlawing all guns, with the exception for law officers and the military, in the US. I will say that at this point in time, I do not believe it is feasable.

That is a tragedy, not an excuse.

That was not meant to be an excuse, just my personal opinion. I will admit that I may be wrong.

I doubt that in "Texas" for example they would have harped about that small ammount of guns or ammo...(comparitively speaking).

No more than an alcoholic would consider an outhouse-sized liquor cabinet excessive, I suppose. Whatever your own opinons, your post nicely illuminates precisely how hopeless the prospects for a safer and more peaceful America have become.

I was again, trying to illustrate the differing perceptions about guns within the US.
As far as a safer more peaceful America, I will admit to not being a "world traveler" But I have been to every continental state, as well as Mexico, and most of Canada. And just by my own experiences, I have seen that wherever I have been there is the usual mix of humanity, whether they are from "liberal"states or "conservative" states, whether they are "Canadian" or "Quebecans?" or from Mexico, or even the dreaded "gun totin" Americans, there are good and bad people all over..

I live in the US. I see and deal with Americans every day, and as anywhere else, some are peaceful, some are not. some are rational, some are nutjobs, people are people.
I do not know if you have ever been to the US. But I do not believe it is as wild and uncivillized as you seem to percieve it..
I thank you for your time and comments, I find your perspective interesting..

too tired to type in much of a comprehensible manner, please forgive the spelling and any other errors, I gotta go to bed..

[edit on 17-2-2010 by SideWynder]

[edit on 17-2-2010 by SideWynder]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join