It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT!!!! InvAID: 140+ (and growing) Articles on The Ongoing Militarization of Haiti

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hi everyone

I just received this in an e-mail, and it was stated in the e-mail to spread this information around as fast as possible.

coat.ncf.ca...

This is a website that has 140+ articles relating to the militarization of Haiti by foreign troops. It is continuing to update stories daily as they come in from Haiti.

This is absolutely terrible, and needs to be made known to everyone.

It is extremely important that everyone takes a look at this page.
There is something very sinister going on in Haiti, and whatever is going on, it could have serious implications for not only Haiti, but the rest of the world.

For those of you who don't have the time to look over the information, I will provide a few key-excerpts from the site. I have added emphasis on key-points.

"You can walk down many of the streets of Port au Prince and see absolutely no evidence that the world community has helped Haiti. Twenty three days after the earthquake jolted Haiti and killed over 200,000 people, as many as a million people have still not received any international food assistance. ..."

"Protests over the slow arrival of aid have flared in Haiti's capital Port-au-Prince.... After a tense night when shots were fired.... 'If the police fire on us, we are going to set things ablaze,' shouted one protester, raising a cement block above his head. Another 200 protesters marched to the US embassy, crying out for food and aid, while about 50 demonstrators gathered outside the police headquarters where the government of President Rene Preval is temporarily installed. 'Down with Preval' demonstrators shouted..., who has spoken to the people only a few times since the disaster. ..."

"Agence Haitienne de Presse reports on comments by Jean Max Bellerive, Haiti’s Prime Minister [about]...the chaos caused by donor countries funneling money through thousands of NGOs who are responsible to no one.... [and] the tens of thousands of troops that have arrived in Haiti since the earthquake, bolstering the nearly 9000-strong UN force. ..."

*note: These 3 articles were published in the last 5 days

"One of the most vexing issues in Latin America’s relations with Haiti is the grievous lack of understanding on the part of anti-imperialist forces about the nature of the repeated imperialist occupations of the former French colony, and of the crushing of the Lavalas movement, including the ouster of the country's democratically elected president, Jean-Bertrand Aristide. ..."

At the hospital, we saw 4 US soldiers armed with M16s guarding a cart of patient's food being distributed!

"'The coordinator of humanitarian assistance with the U.S.-run Joint Task Force-Haiti, [is] Canadian Brig. Gen. Nicolas Matern.'(AP) .... The Army Times ran..., 'Haiti aid mission uses lessons of war,' describing how 'dealing with counterinsurgencies in Iraq and Afghanistan...apply here [in Haiti] to the job of distributing food and water and providing medical help.'..."

"A former US President becomes UN Special Envoy to earthquake-stricken Haiti.... Venezuelan, Nicaraguan, Bolivian, French and Swiss rescue organizations accuse the US military of refusing landing rights to planes bearing necessary medicines and urgently needed potable water to the millions of Haitians stricken, injured and homeless. ..."

"I have been here in Haiti for a few days now and what I find most striking, is not only the resilience of the people, but the extent of volunteerism which is evident in every single camp and in every recovery effort at building and rescue.... Whatyou do not see on TV is the thousands of milliary officers heavily armed, standing, milling around doing nothing when there is absolutely no need for this kind of millitary presence. ..."

"More than two weeks after a deadly earthquake struck, much of the aid is still not reaching the people who need it. Al Jazeera's Monica Villamizar spent a day with an aid convoy in the Haitian capital, Port-au-Prince, carrying one million food rations.... Though more than 100 people were involved and armed personnel accompanied the convoy, no food had been distributed by the end of the day."

"There are now 20,000 US troops either in Haiti or offshore. Under an accord signed last week the US controls the airport and seaport and responsibility for security.... Colonel Gary Anderson, a retired Marine Corps officer and veteran of relief operations in Bangladesh and Somalia, said Haiti was a chance to project 'soft power'.... 'Wherever possible, use local security forces to secure distribution sites. The last thing you need to have on CNN is American troops clubbing desperate villagers like baby seals at a relief distribution site.' ..."

"The mass media's portrayal of Haiti is sensationalist.... Advertising dollars flow with images of looters, destruction, and social disorder.... The other underlying reason is racism.... The idea that Haiti has people organizing themselves into orderly tent cities and that the major role of the US has been to patrol around with soldiers and guns is not one that fits the image of Haiti or of the US's role there. ..."

"'They treat us like animals, they beat us but we are hungry people,' said Muller Bellegarde, 30.... Many...suggested Haitian churches could provide more orderly and respectful venues for distributions, with Haitian communities organizing security. 'The...way they're doing it is bad...,' Thomas Louis, 40... 'This is not aid. This is a way to put people down.'..."

"The theft of Haiti has been swift and crude. On 22 January, the United States secured “formal approval” from the United Nations to take over all air and sea ports in Haiti, and to “secure” roads. No Haitian signed the agreement, which has no basis in law. ..."

There is obviously something going on here folks, and I know for one, being Canadian, there is no way I am going to be supporting my country's military occupation of Haiti.

I can see a few probable reasons for this occupation:

-Something related to the supposed "test" of earthquake-generating technology

-Theft a humanitarian aid by other nations

-Militarization for secret project (strategic base for south-american conflict?)

I would love everyone to give their ideas and opinions about what is going here, and why.

Peace,

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hello,
At this point, all I can do is thank you for the info and the link(s). This is alot of reading, and thus far, I've noticed a trend with the military presense...The Haitians are starving, and getting beat-up for it. Whatever military(s) are there, they're not there to provide any kind of service to the Haitians, but to provide a service to themselves. I find that unacceptable...Must read more...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
From the start i couldn't believe how fast the troops had entered Haiti, but where was this 'relief' with Katrina and the Tsunami?

I think they are allowing the chaos of starvation and looting, inside that the chaos, surrounded by thousands of troops something is occuring.

The best way to hide order is in chaos.

* spelling edit

[edit on 8-2-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
WOW!

Man, I had a bad feeling about this from the start.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

S & F

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

S&F

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. The moment the US demanded 10,000 troops go immediately to Haiti I had my doubt about this "aid" we are supposedly giving.

There is no doubt in my mind of a more sinister agenda at this point and I think it is pretty naive to think that this has only to do with aiding these people.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Well said.

I think its important to note that after the 2004 boxing day tsunami, there was little to no foreign military presence in any of the affected countries. The military aid that did come in was all UN, with the exception of about 2000 canadian troops; in this case however, the UN declared that the Canadian presence should only be temporary.

I myself was surprised, and still am not only at the scope of the military response, but also the fact that it is mostly Canadian and American forces present there as opposed to an international UN force.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
From the start i couldn't believe how fast the troops had entered Haiti, but where was this 'relief' with Katrina and the Tsunami?

I think they are allowing the chaos of starvation and looting, inside that the chaos, surrounded by thousands of troops something is occuring.

The best way to hide order is in chaos.

I realise you and the author are referring more towards the deployment of military forces, but I just want to point out that the West was very generous and supportive towards the victims of the 2004 Tsunamis. Millions of dollars worth of aid and relief were raised to help those in need. Music concerts were held in Australia and around the world with full proceeds going towards the victims. Special cricket matches were played also to contribute towards the fund.

Just want to make the point that sincere generosity and support was given to those nations affected by the Tsunamis. There was no real gain to be made by exploiting the situation.

[edit on 8/2/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the research and compilation. some sinister definitely going on.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
If America has any ulterior motivations in Haiti then you can bet that this has something to do with it.

www.heatingoil.com...

The exploration of oil and gas in Haiti is far less developed than its immediate neighbor, the Dominican Republic, with which it shares the island of Hispaniola. There are an estimated 3 million barrels of oil offshore, as well as a possible 1 trillion cubic feet of gas trapped near the earthquake fault.

Whether or not some unknown earthquake-generating technology was involved is another question.

I personally think that the American government saw an opportunity not only to secure future oil and gas reserves, but to look good doing it while under the cover of humanitarianism.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Chonx]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Haiti was an example... A drill... An exercise... Our earthquake (united states) is coming soon.

They will say "we have learned from Katrina and Haiti how a combination of quick action combined with allied troops boots on the ground that we can save lives quickly in such a disaster."

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.
As much as Haiti was covered in the media in the beginning, the less you hear from it now. It is ,as it never had happened.

It is a complete outrage what happens to haiti, especially if you read some of the sources you posted.

If that doesnt open ones eyes to what really is beeing played here, then nothing will.

"InvAid" is truly a brilliant word creation, that describes exactly what is beeing done here.

Greetings from Germany

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Dynamitrios]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Some weeks ago now, but i read an article posted here on ATS about Haiti and Oil. You can Google News search and you will find quite a few articles.

Yes, oil is Haiti’s smoking gun. Why do you think 20,000 American troops now occupy and control this impoverished nation? On Jan. 28, 2009, geologist Daniel Mathurin revealed, “Haiti’s oil reserves are larger than those of Venezuela. An Olympic pool compared to a glass of water is the comparison.”
www.americanfreepress.net...

Google News

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

"The theft of Haiti has been swift and crude. On 22 January, the United States secured “formal approval” from the United Nations to take over all air and sea ports in Haiti, and to “secure” roads. No Haitian signed the agreement, which has no basis in law. ..."

What scum.

What total scum these people are.

Whatever the broader agenda is here with Haiti you can bet the Haitians themselves will get the back end of the stick. They are being unknowingly embargoed both economically and politically; this is the first step in solidifying Western control within Haiti and it can only get worse from here. How odd would anyone find it if it was discovered that a large amount of all the donations made to Haiti relief actually went into financing what the West is doing there now?

Scum. Can't say it enough.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have not donated a penny to Haitian aid...

I would love to do so but it seems as if it's just all a con.

Has anybody seen Starship Troopers 3... the singing general... they created an album and the people were forced to buy memerobilia when he died... crazy or what.

In the UK you currently have "The Soldiers..." which I have not listened to... you have the Poppy appeal which was set up for WWI and WWII veterans and now it's changed to "Help the heroes" which i choose not to donate to, the war veterans in my family have sadly all passed away and I will always be greateful I just dont like it changing into something else that is supporting a pointless illegal war.

And you have all this Earthquake aid whereby you've got concerts, albums and god knows what in aid of it. If there were no massive militairy presence in that country and only the UN (I'd still be slightly sceptical) then I would probably donate but i'm not. Call me a scrooge if you like but it's obvious that with little media coverage and reports of exploitation by the U.S Military then I will not be donating a penny.

Unlike other people in my country who are spoon fed on the media I am not stupid.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ok first off:

a) Military troops are the most capable and ready to go at any point of time ergo it is they who are the logical choice to send as rapid responders.

b) Miltary Organizations have the transportation that can carry the required supplies ready to go in less than 15 minutes. There is NO civil organization taht can do this.

c) Haiti was a desperate hell hole BEFORE this earthquake. Rife with poverty and crime filled with corruption, how else will order be maintained during this crisis?

I think that too many are all too willing to cast a disparaging eye on the services provided by military organizations. They have the equipment, resources and training to deal with this.

What do you suggest? Let's send baptist alarmist reactionary baby thieves in to help out? Let's send Church folks?

The military is the first responder to any major disaster, get used to it because that's what you pay for when you pay your taxes and better to be in the disaster relief business as opposed to the bombing and killing business. I think it's a much better call of duty to do this stuff with our armed forces.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It is clearly obvious that the US have invaded the country, more than likely for the OIL and GAS supplies there.

They may have other intentions with Cuba and Venuzula nearby?

But what are the other countries around the World saying about this invasion?

Has Russia or any of the other super powers expressed any concern over the US taking over yet another country?

Please post some links if there is anything from other World leaders on the US INVASION!!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

This is what I thought too at first...

However, as noted in the articles, the military presence there is way more massive than it should be, and this massive presence seems to not be helping the people at all.

Not only that, but as noted in one above article;

Venezuelan, Nicaraguan, Bolivian, French and Swiss rescue organizations accuse the US military of refusing landing rights to planes bearing necessary medicines and urgently needed potable water to the millions of Haitians stricken, injured and homeless. ..."

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I read this a few weeks ago, sums it up pretty well...

www.collective-evolution.com...

Here is David Ickes take on what's going on...

www.collective-evolution.com...

I recommend both of them

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I can't imagine enduring as much as these poor people have. My heart goes out to all who are suffering. This is insane!!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Why are these poor people angry, looting, and protesting? Because they're living outside in the elements, they have no water and food, they're injured, their friends and loved ones' dead bodies are still lining the streets, and everything they owned has been DESTROYED! I can't believe the media portrays these people as savage criminals under these circumstances.

How many "emergency drills" to practice for catastrophes have we heard being done by our govt. this past year...NUMEROUS. How much money has been claimed to have been spent on equipment and training for such drills, MILLIONS if not BILLIONS. Yet, a catastrophe happens and all we can muster is a rickety medical ship that takes a week to get there and a bunch of troops with automatic weapons to contain the "natives?

I read the other day that all airport traffic was halted for nearly three hours to accommodate the arrival of Her Heiness Hillary Clinton by plane. I have also seen articles written by doctors who say they were sometimes put off for arrival a day or two to allow other supplies in when there were still victims who were in danger of dying because they still hadn't been seen by a medical professional. These people are giving up their children to half-assed orphanages because they don't have anything to feed them, when the orphanages themselves have no running water, no electricity, and some of the kids are running around naked because there aren't any clothes! And the parents are thankful to have a place for their kids to go!

And, of course, you can always count on the pedophiles, the wealthy, and the fundamentalists to swoop in and try to grab as many kids as they can to exploit in a tragedy like this.

There are no words to describe this travesty.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join