It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 9/11 OS is true, how come no repeat events have occured?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Cetainly if Al Qaeda (spelling?) pulled off the attacks on 9/11 as the official story claims, then why have they not repeated such a masterpeice of terrorism? How come no other "terror cell" has tried to copy-cat? If your answer is going to be that heightened airport security has stopped terrorists from boarding planes, then explain the Christmas day events? All you need is a few box-cutters, several untrained and subpar pilots, and use of a tried-and-true masterplan that certainly outwitted the pentagon almost a decade ago. Come on all you OS believers, explain why it has never been repeated in any other country! The use of IED's has been marginally effective in comparison to the events of 9/11, yet every "terrorist" in the world seems to be capable and willing to employ their use.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

I don't think you can follow the news very closely. Here is one item from late last year :-

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

you think they're lying because it never happened again? wow lol. Because it was prevented.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Okay, then why is it so easily prevented now, when it was not preventable then? Just wondering?

Oh and by the way, your story was about some guys planning on blowing up airplanes. As far as I know there wasn't any airplaines bombed on 9/11. If memory serves, it was BUILDINGS being bombed with airplanes!

[edit on 2/7/2010 by budaruskie]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie
Okay, then why is it so easily prevented now, when it was not preventable then? Just wondering?

Oh and by the way, your story was about some guys planning on blowing up airplanes. As far as I know there wasn't any airplaines bombed on 9/11. If memory serves, it was BUILDINGS being bombed with airplanes!

You don't think there has been a huge increase in security post-9/11, particularly around planes and airports ?

I don't understand your point about the plan I referred you to being about blowing up planes rather then flying them into buildings. Does that make it o.k or something ?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Of course it does not make it ok. What I am trying to point out is that the guys who supposedly attacked on 9/11 didn't take bombs onto planes, they took boxcutters. The plan was extremely simple and low-tech on 9/11, basically repeatable by anyone. Also, it doesn't seem to matter how much security has "increased" around airports, Christmas proved that explosives can still get on to planes.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

No that is not why I don't believe the OS, I don't believe because it is a fabricated lie that has been consistently disproven by many people more qualified than yourself or I. What I want to know is why nobody has recoginized the simplicity of the plan and attempted to repeat the results? Certainly, security is not as rigorous in other parts of the world and terror organizations exist all over for all sorts of reasons with many other enemies other than the U.S. Why haven't any of them tried to repeat such a simple plan with such enormous results? Stop acting like you don't understand what I'm asking!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie
reply to post by Alfie1

Of course it does not make it ok. What I am trying to point out is that the guys who supposedly attacked on 9/11 didn't take bombs onto planes, they took boxcutters. The plan was extremely simple and low-tech on 9/11, basically repeatable by anyone. Also, it doesn't seem to matter how much security has "increased" around airports, Christmas proved that explosives can still get on to planes.

Why would terrorists try to copy the 9/11 attack ? Specific measures have been put in place, like fortified cockpit doors, to prevent that.

Terrorists, sadly, are not all stupid and they move on to try and get round the current security procedures. Hence the guys I referred you to who planned to smuggle liquid explosive onto planes and the Detroit guy with his exploding underpants which fortunately didn't quite work out for him.

What gets me is that there is all this terrorist activity going on which is just handwaved away by truthers. Supposing the guys I referred you to who planned to bring down 7 airliners had completed their plan and killed a four figure number of people would truthers still be saying Cheney/Bush did it ?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Because apparently only in New York City do you have entire blocks of super high rise buildings that all just happened to be built so shoddily and lacked engineering so that two planes can take down half a dozen buildings.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I am a big fan of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" you are right crashing planes into stuff is a damm good way of getting attention and there does seem to be a lack in the crashing planes into stuff since 2001.

Now that could be becuase of extra security or it was one of those things you can only get away with once but there are plenty of countries out there that don't have great airport security so it can't be that.

It could also be a "ohhh boy that worked but damm did we not just bring them down on our heads"

Terrorist like all people who fight don't want to die (well not all of them barring religious fanatics) but most of them want to live to get the cash,the girl, the power of even just the kudos.

So in doing what they did (9/11) they assured there own destruction or brought far to much attention to themselves meaning doing it again would come under the heading of Good Idea / Bad idea.

If it happens again who's to say the US or the UK might not up the anti and start nuking countires. A cave in torra borra or Pakistan is not gonna stand up to a nuclear bunker buster.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

"Supposing the guys I referred you to who planned to bring down 7 airliners had completed their plan and killed a four figure number of people would truthers still be saying Cheney/Bush did it ?"

I can't say what "truthers" would say about that. What I think you fail to even consider is the notion that Bush/Cheney being involved could be exactly why the attacks on 9/11 were successful. It seems that their involvement could certainly enhance the probability of success of a covert operation. Amazingly, those attacks that don't require national defense systems like NORAD to stand down never seem to work, and the one and only that did require complete and utter failure on the part of the most powerful military in the world, did succeed. How can that never strike any OS believer as odd, even improbable?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It took Al Qaida years to plan and carry out the 911 attack. In the mean time we got fat and lazy as Americans. It was good timing. If everyone was doing their jobs it never would have been able to be pulled off. We forgot what it means to be Americans. If the CIA was what it once was, before the Clinton administration tore it apart, and the FBI was what it once was before, the Clinton administration tore it apart, and the people at immigration and the airports, and the air lines, and the check out, and the boarding, and their neighbors, and their acquaintances, who where too afraid not to be politically correct, and to say “HEY SOMTHIN DON”T LOOK RIGHT TO ME”. It never would have happened.
We must be forever vigilant since 911. They will never be able to pull off that again because we have been taught like a child putting their hand in the fire. We will watch. We will speak up. We will defend ourselves!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

Thank you for attempting to answer the proposed question, unlike others. Your idea is certainly a possiblity that the "terrorists" noticed that 9/11 brought more attention than they had planned.
Another possibility is that those terrorists could be someone other than Al-Qaeda, possibly domestic, and the "truthers" questioning of the shady events have scared them into not trying again? After all, suicide bombs are going off all over the middle east pretty regularly and those people don't seem concerned with what sort of attention they will get post bombing.

There are many other possibilities also, maybe their objectives were achieved (Patriot Act, endless war, $$$$), or maybe there aren't anymore terrible terrorist pilots capable of miraculous manuevers?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
"Cetainly if Al Qaeda (spelling?) pulled off the attacks on 9/11 as the official story claims, then why have they not repeated such a masterpeice of terrorism?"

Because 9/11 was enough to accomplish their intended goals (illegal wars, torture, oil/drug grabs, indefinite detention, taking away civil liberties, invasion of privacy, police state, insurance fraud, etc., etc.)

If you're stupid enough to believe the official story, you're obviously stupid enough to believe everything the insidious and dishonest mainstream media says about terrorism.

Besides, didn't Bush/Cheney keep everyone safe from terrorism during their last 7 years in office? Let us not tolerate those who say that slavery is too big a price to pay for safety and security.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It’s hard for me to believe that Dubya, or Dick “Hunter” Cheney would bring down buildings, kill thousands of people and attack a country just to make another 100 million. The extent and range of the conspiracy, with the amount of people involved is crazy. Along with the fact no one personally involved has spoken up. There is no honor among thieves. I’m sure the demoncrats would have come up with some info by now. Unless they are in on it too. That would be more people involved without talking. I don’t know about that.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by D1Useek

I can agree with some of what you have said. Although, I believe that it probably did take a long time to plan 9/11, its hard to accept that guys who are constantly running and looking over their shoulders are planning attacks several years in advance and executing them slowly and methodically. That said, it could be true, just not all that likely to be so.

Furthermore, we are as fat and lazy as ever. I drive past numerous potential targets every day and there is literally nothing but a cyclone fence standing in the way of anyone to create a massive catastrophe in my town, of several million.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Isn't it obvious?

It's because your government and it's agencies are SOOOO good at protecting America since the introduction of the Patriot act and their ability to remove rights at the stroke of a pen.

It's wonderful thing to be "safe" isn't it?

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
removed by mikelee

[edit on 7-2-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

I agree that terrotists are good at picking there targets and waiting for the right moment.

It makes you kinda wish they where all dumb religious nuts but unfortunetly some of the are very smart, well motivated and unscrupulous.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It may be an issue of timing. 9-11 was huge. AQ has to follow it up with something just as big, or it will not have the same impact. It just cannot go out and haphazardly plan some tiny attack. AQ may be waiting for the right time to develop a plot and strike at the right opportunity.

The attention span in the Arab World is much longer than ours because their history is much older than ours. If AQ waits ten years for another attack, their target audience in the Arab world would see it as a "back to back" attack or a "follow up" while we may perceive it as occurring after a considerable delay.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join