It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panama just got hit by TWO 5.1 earthquakes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Panama just got hit by TWO 5.1 earthquakes

earthquake.usgs.gov

Two, 5.1 earthquakes just hit south of Panama.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I've never heard that two big earthquakes hit almost the same spot in just one minute. But I'm no expert..

Magnitude mb 5.1
Region SOUTH OF PANAMA
Date time 2010-02-07 at 09:49:15.2 UTC
Location 5.81 N ; 82.32 W
Depth 10 km

Magnitude mb 5.1
Region SOUTH OF PANAMA
Date time 2010-02-07 at 09:50:43.5 UTC
Location 5.88 N ; 82.46 W
Depth 10 km

earthquake.usgs.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Hellas]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

California, Japan and now here.
Very interesting.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Just a question, the amount of quakes so far this year is it on average? or is it as it looks? Looks like we`re seeing an increase in the amount of quakes, im new to this site but have been researching many topics and it seems like given the predictions its seems like there maybe some truth afterall?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
do solar flares have the capabilities to interfere with tectonic plates?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I'm not sure the amount of earthquakes is suspicious, rather the volatility/magnitude of the tremors is raising eyebrows.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Im no proffesional but the amount of earthquakes since the begining of the year cant possibly be within a normal average? Then take into account the snow storms and solar flares?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Just a question, the amount of quakes so far this year is it on average? or is it as it looks? Looks like we`re seeing an increase in the amount of quakes, im new to this site but have been researching many topics and it seems like given the predictions its seems like there maybe some truth afterall?

According to the USGS, all is fine, the amount of EQs is increasing because more people are reporting them. Move along, now...

Seriously, they are saying that but it does seem that we are having more larger-magnitude EQs these days. Not the amount but the magnitudes.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

There are on average 2,600 earthquakes a day. So far this year if we stay on this average we have had 98,800 earthquakes already this year. Like I said its not the volume of the tremors but the volatility, that is garnering our attention.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

So if its comon and its just the fact that they are stronger, has there been any change in the depths? Are we seeing the epicentres at a shallower depth/

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Don't forget the Caribbean, Haiti just had a large one too.

Edit to add; Wasn't there one in Tibet just recently too?

[edit on 7/2/2010 by spikey]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Jazz, I do believe that solar flares can influence earthquakes but I openly admit I don't know details. I would encourage you to look into this further.

Solar flares may even do other crazy things like influencing average temperatures on planets but again I would encourage you to conduct your own research.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Wow, any information on damage? I'll start looking!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
5.1 can't be too big, we had a 5.3 in the UK in Feb 2008 and there was no major damage, just one real injury...

[edit on 7-2-2010 by blackhatchet]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Good question, found this:

According to scientists and geologists some thing is wrong with the Sun. The million year cycle and polar reversal in the Sun is causing some massive solar flares. The electromagnetic storm is reaching the earth sporadically and the effect will just escalate as we move towards 2012.

This is causing massive alarms in the scientific communities in the whole world.

The solar wind, according to some experts, is making the tectonic plates brittle. The brittle lithosphere of the earth is major source of concern.

According to some studies, the stress load that can be absorbed by the earth’s crust may not be sufficient if elasticity of the crust goes down due to solar wind and higher temperature from the Sun.

The worst-case scenario is that the plates will crumble along the weak spots – the faults.
www.indiadaily.com...

I'm also now at this site and it's really interesting.

planetinfluences.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks for the reply, i think that we are possibly heading in the direction that the mayans had predicted. I am not saying we are just that it ties in with everything thats happening

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
There is the question of the 8.3 a couple of weeks a go in China, why was that one not reported in MSM, and how much if any life loss and damgae was their? I think there is something going on, and i do believe its man made, with all the talk about HAARP, and other such devices around the world, it seems to me that one country is trying to show others how good their device is, and vice versa.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Can someone please let me know about your sources ?
Are they mainstream ? Or alternative ?
What is their reliability ? High or low ?

I've noticed there is not even a word, getting us ( Dutchy's ) informed.
The last news I found relating to topic. Still is about Haiti.

It isn't really a subject what has a need for censuring it. I think anyway.

I remember from the past even minor tremors not even higher then a 4 in magnitude.

This mean there is something fishy happening.

I find it to be worrying and I want answers.
I'm gonna cause chaos, if we are even kept blind for normal news.

Please help me on this ?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
i have to agree, im no expert, but it seems to me the amount ofbig quakes is abnormally high so far this year. i follow the news everyday and when theres a quake i usually find it and ive just noticed alot more than normal. not a clue why but i find it.... perplexing.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Two more? - how many countries have had earthquakes this year?- panama, Argentina, haiti, Usa, venezuala, and that's just on this continent, I think someones having a little too much fun with HAARP. But for what?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join