It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon draws plans for immortal ’synthetic organisms’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The Pentagon's advanced research division has set aside $6 million from its next budget for research on the creation of "synthetic organisms" whose DNA can be altered to make them live forever, or die on command, and even keep a genetic record of what they have been doing. In its 2011 budget (PDF, 522 pages), the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency lays out its intention to create "BioDesign," a project to create artificial life, presumably with military purposes in mind. "BioDesign eliminates the randomness of natural evolutionary advancement primarily by advanced genetic engineering and molecular biology technologies to produce the intended biological effect," the DARPA document states. The agency says it wants to develop "a robust understanding of the collective mechanisms that contribute to cell death" so as to "enable a new generation of regenerative cells that could ultimately be programmed to live indefinitely."

more info : rawstory

Also even though i don't listen too much to the guys on Project Camelot , this has been discussed recently , before this article came out.

At the end of the video the person mentiones this OMEGA project and other things regarding this , even before this has been made public.

Now this is some scary stuff , at least for me. What happens when the self-destruct button doesn't work anymore.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sounds like a step of evolution mainly by research. It's inevitable the someone would do this. It is needed at sometime, so I'm not so surprised. I'm actually a bit relieved that this seems more public now. It shows progress that the U.S. is headed to a more research and development society rather than being stuck in capitalistic wars.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Sounds like Cylon to me.

And it sounds like something far more dangerous in the long run than nukes in the hands of the Iranians.

Can you say 'Terminator"?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

If it was something that would benefit humankind , i would share the same opinion. If it could improve the lifespan of a human or such. However these are souless bio engineered machines with DNA , who would outperform humans in many tasks.I just can't help but imagine fighting an army of these intelligent machines. What happens when the self-destruct function stops working? What happens when they realize "it's" being used.. just a scary thought.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fatality
What happens when they realize "it's" being used.. just a scary thought.

That's a question to ask about those boxes so-called desktop computers. Who has ever tried to prove that they are alive or not?

Aha!

Maybe they been alive all this time.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

Indeed, even though i use computers on a daily basis, i sometimes wonder what would happen if just one would be aware of everything that is going on around it
. Well i guess we shall find out sooner or later

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The entire premise is not so far fetched. A prime example of this would be the immortal cells used in medical research.

In fact, I would be at all surprised if such innovations have already been made and this is plan is just a ruse to gradually introduce the idea to the public at large.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
"G"Day Wise Ones,

Hmmmm

Maybe the Gray's are us from the future.

Blessed Be: Kernoonos.....

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

That is what i believe as well. This has been probably already made , and used without the public's knowledge , and now it is just slowly introduced to everyone else , step by step.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatality

The movie Bladerunner appeared 1982, so the notion has been out for quite some time to explore it beyond "iRobot" and other books, in the public view.

The 'Father of Computer Science', Alan Turing, had a lot of notes about the subject. He mainly documented more of how the thought processes would work more than the biological cells, however. I don't doubt that part of the reason why he so-said committed suicide and had a bad rap is due to efforts to cover-up the details he wanted to make public. Just look at the era and the nazi government that surrounded him at the time, and only guess who wanted complete control of such technology.

Also check out my earlier thread:

Nanobots: mystical, yet a drug?

[edit on 6-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I started a thread on this yesterday did not get much of a response thow.im glad you found a vid about it im going to wacth it now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-2-2010 by slayerfan]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
The entire premise is not so far fetched. A prime example of this would be the immortal cells used in medical research.

In fact, I would be at all surprised if such innovations have already been made and this is plan is just a ruse to gradually introduce the idea to the public at large.

Cmon dude, that's just paranoia. There is no group of higher ups that are like, ok we'll tell them this much for now, let this amazing technology settle into peoples minds slowly incase they cant handle it all at once and their brains explode from the amazingness of the technology.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by andre18]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

I don' see it as paranoia. I see it as "thinking"

Have you even thought about the possibility that these human bodies we now have don't work beyond the solar system because 1) they originated from Earth, 2) we continue to eat product grown in and made by the Earth 2) there is a symbiotic relationship with the Earth that science hasn't even proven to work beyond the solar system and therefore it is very questionable.

Seems to me that DARPA and the pentagon have already taken steps to handle the situation if that is the very case that our human bodies do not work outside the solar system.

They are wise... it's not some stupid conspiracy.

What I think is the conspiracy is those who deny it in order to prison us here on Earth.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas
reply to post by andre18

Have you even thought about the possibility that these human bodies we now have don't work beyond the solar system because 1) they originated from Earth, 2)

Bodies we now have? and they also dont work beyond the very planet without suits and a spacecraft but that aside.....

we continue to eat product grown in and made by the Earth 2

Is there something wrong with that?

there is a symbiotic relationship with the Earth that science hasn't even proven to work beyond the solar system and therefore it is very questionable.

You've lost me, i mean you lost me i while back but.......lol

Seems to me that DARPA and the pentagon have already taken steps to handle the situation if that is the very case that our human bodies do not work outside the solar system.

What situation? dude off the drugs plz.

They are wise... it's not some stupid conspiracy.

It is very much so a stupid conspiracy. You've made no sense and every sentence comes off more paranoid then the last.

What I think is the conspiracy is those who deny it in order to prison us here on Earth.

Paranoia.

Well it's some pretty messed up thinking. Dare i ask for evidence for this insanity?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
God help us all!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Well it's some pretty messed up thinking. Dare i ask for evidence for this insanity?

Some thinking is better than no thinking. Wouldn't want to be fully insane.

Is there something wrong with that?

The evidence you wanted something to do with... earth food. Is there earth food outside the solar system?

You've lost me, i mean you lost me i while back but.......lol

Wasn't hard. Some at least try to understand instead of just criticize other posters.

This thread isn't for you.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The evidence you wanted something to do with... earth food. Is there earth food outside the solar system?

What do you mean by 'earth food?' the food we eat is grown on earth, yes. As anyone would expect, where the hell is it meant to be grown if not on earth???

What do you mean by 'food outside the solar system?' of course theres no food outside our own planet. what the hell are you on about.....

And you're yet to give examples of why your conspiracy isnt just paranoia. Wheres the evidence?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

where the hell is it meant to be grown if not on earth???

Aha! I'm sure they had the same question long ago and eventually came up with the idea in the OP.

If the body is limited to 'synthetics' then it would be known exactly what is needed in order to keep the body alive.

What do you mean by 'food outside the solar system?' of course theres no food outside our own planet. what the hell are you on about.....

You obviously missed a word in the title of the thread... "immortal"... as if you would expect someone that had an immortal life to stay on Earth forever. What are you on?

And you're yet to give examples of why your conspiracy isnt just paranoia. Wheres the evidence?

That seemed like more of your personal question.

Evolution is good. Ways to upgrade the body is good. To make sure the body doesn't waste Earth resources across the galaxy is good.

Devolution would seem like a conspiracy. Is that why you are paranoid?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

You obviously missed a word in the title of the thread... "immortal"... as if you would expect someone that had an immortal life to stay on Earth forever. What are you on?

Dude what the hell does immortality have to do with planetary colonisation? You can't go from immortality to living on other planets like that. And still haven't explained what that would have to do with 'earth food.'

Sure if we could live for ever we would live beyond the earths life span and have to live on another planet but dude.......how is that relevant to anything in todays world. bloody hell.

Evolution is good. Ways to upgrade the body is good. To make sure the body doesn't waste Earth resources across the galaxy is good.

Huh? whats does that even mean, we cant even travel to other plants - "the body doesn't waste Earth resources across the galaxy" waist earth resources? across the galaxy? make some sense.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by andre18]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Dude what the hell does immortality have to do with planetary colonisation?

Are you incapable of the simple effort to come up with possibilities?

I see in your other thread about evolution how to defend a theory as fact, so I doubt I can argue you religious zealot viewpoint on that since you are incapable to deny a theory as belief. Due to that, any topic to even vaguely relates to any kind of terraform process seems out of your realm.

You'll need to think outside the box. I'm not gonna to write a novel in this thread to answer ever possible question you have just because you can question it. In fact, just because you question it is PARANOIA itself.... "Dude".

how is that relevant to anything in todays world.

You'll need to answer and explain yourself in regards to my earlier conjecture in this thread, first. The one I pointed out that 'today's world' science hasn't proven life beyond the solar system. Now, explain how you know for a fact it doesn't exist in 'today's world'.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join