It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Get Conspiracy Theorists To Shut Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
develope a website where they can all congregate and feel like they are preaching their conspiracies to the world, when really they're all just talking to each other, while being ignored by those not in the conversation, example: abovetopsecret.com

i hope i don't get in trouble for this post, it's just an accurate (in my experience) opinion about how it works.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So is this another ATS is a conspiracy thread

I love the irony involved but IMO ATS as a website is not a conspiracy!!

It is a site to discuss the very things that we NEED/SHOULD/WANT to discuss, the things that we cannot do anywhere else.

That's it, No conspiracy, just a place where we can open our minds and discuss the subjects that are crying out to be discussed!

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
We get no where by discussing with people who agree with us. The only way we get some where is when we get more "followers". What the OP says does make sense.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I believe you are underestimating the power of communication both on and off the internet.

Space Collective - We Are the Web

And, if you find a way to get this conspiracy theorist to 'shut up' I'm sure you will attain the gratitude and adoration of many.

[edit on 6 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And this shall be moved to BTS rant in 5 4 3 2 ...

Honestly, I certainly don't come here with the belief that Iam preaching to the masses.
I come here to be around like minded people, whom I can bounce my ideas off of, and learn from.
There is no better website for that IMHO.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
develope a website where they can all congregate and feel like they are preaching their conspiracies to the world, when really they're all just talking to each other, while being ignored by those not in the conversation, example: abovetopsecret.com

i hope i don't get in trouble for this post, it's just an accurate (in my experience) opinion about how it works.

Good conspiracy theory. Interesting that you shared it with us.

Oh wait... you can only share that kind of theory with conspiracy theorists!

Oh, the irony...

I agree to an extent however. All is vanity.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I disagree for several reasons.

1) Places like this are open to anyone, and tons of the "uninitiated" come here all the time, and end up LEARNING new things.

2) Most people here take what they learn and share it with those in real life surrounding them.

3) You do not get someone to "shut up" by giving them a platform to preach. It's self-defeating.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Wrong point. It is true one could kind of “ban” truth advocates (the correct term for most of those whom you call “conspiracy theorists”) to “their” website(s). BUT this will ONLY work if at the SAME time you succeed in establishing a police/fascist state. Which is what we see unfolding right now. In other words the truth advocates will probably lose the battle (that is if no “external help” turns up, but who knows, the Creator’s ways are manifold…., hehe). But then they will/would not lose because some ingenious ATSer had that idea to “attach” them to their own website, but simply because the NWO/+cronies have the means, money and weapons to suppress information and choke the population at the SAME time. If the NWO/+cronies didn’t have those means to squash truth etc the said “method” would fail – and that’s the main point – because in a free, unoppressed society increasingly more people/readers/members would join that website and spread the message of truth. Nothing could hold them/the truth back.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Their a number of conspiracies on the loose. Breaking in on the mainstream media.

Like Iraq and climate gate is still getting more attention.
The NWO or elite rulers. Has a growing believers base.

Here in the Netherlands they are.

Not that it's going to make a difference. My beloved country is sick.
Infected with self authorizing judges, claiming they have the right to judge a governments opposition leader for simply telling the truht.
It doesn't matter it's the truth, it's illegal.

Judgment is not happened yet.

But I feel a sickening vibe running through me.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
yeah in part you are right but, as internet grows, people asking questions grow too, since now its easy to ask and find information

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolBlackHole

well i mean, it's a discussion board, and that was my addition to the discussion,

"highly evolved spirituality"? not really sure what you mean by that?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think the whole problem with ATS is that a lot of people are pro-conspiracy for everything. There aren't enough people from the outside. So when we keep on talking amongst ourselves about conspiracy theories we fail to realize that we're not actually reaching many people except perhaps the Republican people that have come on this website because of Obama, or, perhaps those that see a conspiracy by the media attacking Obama. So ATS makes us think we're like a really loud majority, but, in reality... we're just a tiny vocal minority. So we don't get much done because we're just talking about the conspiracies and the things the state does here, as, opposed to telling other people about it. That's just how I see it anyhow.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I think the whole problem with ATS is that a lot of people are pro-conspiracy for everything. There aren't enough people from the outside.

Yup because the second I and my kind disagree...BAM! Out come the labels...sheeple...stupid...disinfo agent...misinformed...whatever

It's pathetic that we come here to an open minded place yet many folks here would rather we don't disagree with sometimes really outlandish things that most times have zero proof

Yeah CTer's are really can capture alot of us by shooting us down when we ask questions

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

join