It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well thats just stupid! Weird and undying conspiracys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Heya ATSers,

I come across threads that just reek of stupidity, from the political threads, the ufo threads, all over...some great, some really horrible..I wont go through which ones I specifically think are great...more often than not the threads are worth the read...but have you ever seen something reoccuring over and over that is potentially the dumbest theory you ever heard that simply wont go away? The ones that no matter what you show as proof, debunking, and general common sense, some simply refuse to let go?

Does the birther movement hit that wtf nerve...do you feel the urge to vomit if you see one more STS footage or moon landing hoax? Are you pretty much ready to explode the next time someone posts a Hillary Clinton is a reptilian thread?

What in your mind is perhaps the most "tarded" conspiracy that simply cannot be debunked anymore than it is already yet people simply wont let go and flat out refuse to see the painfully obvious facts?

I will start:
Aliens - Any "I am a alien, you must hug each other and kiss trees else your doomed" thread
Religion - The antichrist is.... (any of em...the Antichrist was Nero...deal with it)
Politics - Kenyan Obama
Nature - Earthquakes/tornados/weird clouds/etc caused by HAARP.
Politics (again) - Everything evil, wrong, etc on earth is caused by the US Government (the poor blameless world of peace and love if only the US politicians werent around)

ok, those ones make me itch. What ones would you gladly see fall off the face of the net, never to be seen again. be respectful, enjoy.

--edit spelling wonkiness...or to put in subliminal antichrist kenyan moon messages...you decide-

[edit on 4-2-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
quick add, I do believe in many conspiracys to various degrees..and the ones I find silly may indeed be real, I just think its highly unlikely with what has been put forward overall and it seems presented in the worst possible light.

My personal judgement does not reflect the truth by any means whatsoever beyond my own personal truth and perspective...and until I am paid to pass judgement based on my perspective, then take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm sick of the threads coming along with posters berating other posters and generalizing conspiracy theories some people have because, for no other listed reason, that they're "stupid".

Don't like other peoples ideas? Cool. Don't make a thread about it. Go into each thread, read their argument, look at their evidence, understand their point of view and how they are approaching the given information used to create their theory, and attack the theory in that thread. Or don't and just ignore them for whatever reason.

What is the point of creating a thread making baseless attacks on other threads here? If the theory is baseless and has zero credibility, then say so in that thread. Don't junk up the site with pointless threads though. That's just "stupid".

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

So...your saying this thread is one of your pet peeve types...or is it any general thread that is meant to dismiss specific conspiracys that you think are stupid.

surely you have to see the irony in posting to begin with if thats your stand.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Feel free to reread what I said and realize for yourself how it isn't ironic.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
Don't like other peoples ideas? Cool. Don't make a thread about it. Go into each thread, read their argument, look at their evidence, understand their point of view and how they are approaching the given information used to create their theory, and attack the theory in that thread. Or don't and just ignore them for whatever reason.

One more aspect of this...the issue is that the "stupidity" tends to drift into other threads...good example is as followed

X is a reptilian - lotta stuff said, some poor quality photos tossed up, debunkers suggest its just a bad picture, but basically leave the madness alone.

next thread by someone else

X (same person) is found stealing money - some discussion, then suddenly you have people, now sold on the fact that X is a lizardman from the previous thread start in this new thread with their newfound truth...so it derails the thread with some other form of madness, destroying all logical discussions and potentially harming the serious investigation into the subject at hand

this isnt television where once you flip to a different channel, its a completely different story not to intermingle with other stuff...ignoring stuff that needs to die away is not an answer, its ignorance as defined

and whats the motto around here? deny ignorance...

so, you simply saying that calling something out as thoughtless, stupid, or whatever else is being a cheerleader for ignorance and corruption of factual and relevant information flow.
I never call a person stupid as you mentioned, people have brilliant moments and really stupid moments..problem with the net is they tend to spit out both.

So, defend ignorance if you want, I see there is no reason whatsoever that debunkers should simply shut their mouth...crazyness needs to be cut down. Slam them with facts, crush them with statistics...or deal with the fact that boards like ATS will be the comfort home of every single corruption of idea flow available, removing any credibility in any and all subject due to the fact that "nutters" are given just as much respect as people whom have truely dug and researched items.

you know...I just thought of another type thread that gets my goat.

any that say skeptics are close minded.

its my opinion, skeptical views of things are the most open minded you can be, and those bitching about it are truely the most close minded overall. Talk about your disinfo agents...well, without the agents part anyhow..just disinfo mindsets...willfully delusional.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
Feel free to reread what I said and realize for yourself how it isn't ironic.

incidently...just reread again...seems I am venting tonight...apologies for misreading to begin with. (filled with cold medicine so brain is a bit cotton).

Your general peeve are threads about specific items singled out for belittling. fair enough. I read it as you complaining that this particular thread was created...

meh, I am big enough to apologise when I overreact and make mistakes...enjoy it, this is only the third mistake this lifetime

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
there are times....... when I love them all, all the quirky, oddball, implausible (from my POV, of course) threads. The things I [think that I ]know with an absolute certainty are dismally few.

AND, of course, we visit, read, comment voluntarily (except those under NWO mind-control, of course), so I find it difficult to go into a thread and complain about its existance.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm glad this thread is here. I avoid going in to threads just to complain. If I read an OP, and think I can add something from another perspective, I will. I won't go in to a thread and scream "idiots," or anything like that. So, now I can start making a list of conspiracies or threads that annoy me.

• I am a star child / You are a star child / How to become a star child
  • Benevolent aliens are speaking through (insert name)
  • The world's ruling elite are really reptilian shape shifters

I could go on but I will wait a little while.

What annoys me more than repetitive threads is a person coming in to a thread just to spout a political view point and not paying attention to the comments before hand. Actually just generally ignoring the previous posts is annoying. If somebody else has already said the exact same thing just star their post and move on.

Take the recent thread about history classes in NC schools. It seemed like a whole string of people came in just to say "those that control the past control the future" or some derivitive.

A link was posted (yes by me) to the state's own website regarding school curriculum. A lot of people commented about the state of NC education with out taking the time to read what was there. People said well x isn't being taught at all. Really look at the link "what they really teach" and see what is being taught. Others say well I'm sure x is taught at a certain grade level. Well no if you had read the previous posts and taken time to check out the links you would know it isn't taught then.

Do some people just read the first post then post and run? Is there a group of people just posting to see their words on the screen? Do people respond to the first post and just not bother to correct their post later? Sometimes I just don't understand people's idea of conversation and debate.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by MikeNice81]

[edit on 4-2-2010 by MikeNice81]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The weirdest, most undying conspiracy is the idea that our total worth as human beings is determined by how many little scraps of brightly colored paper (or electronic blips reprensting the same, these days) known as "money" we can collect by rushing around manically until we drop dead and become worm food.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I have to say, that any topic that I see that I don't like or is completely out there, I simply don't go into. Is that too hard of a choice to ask for?

For instance, I don't agree with anything involving reptillians and think it is ludicrous. However, I am not going to argue or complain about something I don't understand. Anyone who knows my stand knows that I am open to anything, even the most impossible, however, unless it serves a purpose, unless me knowing that people are lizard people or not is beneficial to my knowledge in some way, I will simply not enter the topic. If something directs me there for some reason then maybe I will carouse, but most likely, I won't give a hoot.

Why can't others follow that methodology? In fact why do some, such as yourself, have to make a topic in order to belittle subjects that I am sure you aren't as critical versed about as you would like to believe.

For instance, the Antichrist threads. You claim Nero was the Antichrist, and yet by claiming that an Antichrist even exists, you would be claiming that Revelations should have happened and that the Bible is indeed prophetic. Why is the world still in one piece then, might I ask? Do you not take into the account that there might be more than one Antichrist? Or is it that you would blindly accept one side of the story while disregarded and making topics attacking the others sides.

I'll admit, I have my share of conspiracies that I don't believe in, but I am not selfish enough to go around telling people what should or shouldn't be posted, according to my personal guidelines. Why should this topic even matter?

To speak a lot of denying ignorance your sure are displaying a lot right here and now.

-EDIT TO ADD-

How about instead of bashing theories that you claim have so little merit, you provide the knowledge against them in healthy debate. If you feel you are not up to the challenge, then let somebody else.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by gwydionblack]

[edit on 4-2-2010 by gwydionblack]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I think he more or less meant this to be a place for everybody to vent for a second. It isn't meant to disrespect any one view point.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
Do some people just read the first post then post and run? [edit on 4-2-2010 by MikeNice81]

Some simply read the title and start posting...give their invalueable opinion we all were waiting on, and leaves it to drive-by post another thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I was editing and then I submit and. . . POOF examples of what I had just added. Now no one needs to visit a seperate thread to understand what I was writing about.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Chemtrails!!!!!
Morgellions being caused by chemtrails.
Seasonal colds being the result of chemtrails.
Haarp being used with chemtrails to make earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, and other naturally occurring disasters.

Other ones that are just about as bad include.
Rods.
Orbs.
Denial that the US landed on the Moon.
Thinking that compression artifact is evidence of reptilians.
Star Children, Indigo Children, Light Warriors, and other New-age Quackery.
Not understanding that Ice and Debris follow any spacecraft in orbit.
Believing that every rock on every NASA photo is proof of Alien life or secret bases.
Thinking that Nikola Tesla, as great as he was, did all sorts of things that he never did, like build UFOs, make Death Rays, etc.

Pretty much anything else that is bad science.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have to agree with the OP to a point. It does get a tad disconcerting to see people continue to demand Hawaii's long form BC when they do not issue one. It is scary to see people who have seen all the evidence against Billy Meier(spelling?) and still insist that he is telling the truth. It gets sad to see people continue to refer to things like "rods" which have not only been proven to be bugs long ago but anyone with any video experience already knew what they were and laughed. I just got done reading a thread about people and plants on Mars that decided it was time to take the CAROT drone thread out of the HOAX forum because they believed it without even reading that thread.

It is great when people disagree and have different views but when people just continue to ignore obvious truths in order to cling to some fantasy and then let that spill into legitimate threads it becomes counterproductive for all involved.

A legit conversations about water on Mars should not be derailed by long debunked crap about giant trees that are obvious rock formations in the hi-res pics.

It just seems like there is at least some level of ATSer that has a penchant for picking and choosing what they actually give attention to whether they read it or not.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Examples eh? Well, I've read all the posts in this topic and what I'm sure started out as a noble plea to share thought felt opinions with one another, quickly dissolved after the OP felt necessary to insult his chosen conspiracy theories. Was this topic meant to be anything more?

Honestly, if you didn't want this turning into a choice theory bashing topic then maybe it should have been phrased a little differently, perhaps without all the negativity towards specific theories. You can provide examples without issuing insults.

You are right though, it isn't an attempt to disrespect one view point, it instead disrespects several.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
There are many, many therories tossed around on this board that I do not agree with per se, but I enjoy, shall we say, "indulging" in them. Its almost like reading a novel or watching a movie...you immerse yourself in the internal logic of the theory and play with it a bit on its own terms, and if you stop having fun with it you can move on.

Then there are topics I feel more seriously about and really do believe involve an important quest for truth and a denial of ignorance.

I don't think its a problem to hold both views at once.

"Do I contridict myself? Very well then, I contridict myself... I am large, I contain multitudes."
- Walt Whitman

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I agree with the alien part, its sad, a lot of hoaxers out there, but u just should enter these types of thread and try to ignore them, since the mods dont do it ...

about religion, its sad, because for u to assume that there is an anti christ, you need to assume that the religion you are talking about is true, so, really, it doesnt make any sense to create a thread about it here in this board - one suggestion would be to create forum areas to different religions, so we that wanna see something more substantial about religion in general dont need to waste their mind reading something like anti christ

HAARP - its possible, you just dont know, so you could just shut up and dont get involved in the discussions if you dont like

politics, you are wrong, because if you make an analysis what the US acomplished in iraq was killing and destroying a lot of families, since they dont have even an army out there ... so you can say whatever you want about the US politics, since, it clearly doesnt make sense for a person with a proper working brain

you can only imagine why they are doing what they do ... to free people??, well, if killing is a way to free people, then they may be right

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Maybe I'm just a little cold hearted but I didn't find anything he said insulting. Some theories are great and push you to think, Honestly though, some threads do reek of stupidity. Which ones reek depends on the person reading it.

The reason it isn't a choice theory bashing thread is because everybody gets to vent about any topic they please. The next post could have been about anything. Somebody could have mentioned 9/11 or hollow earth or FEMA prisoner trains. The original poster said that these were just his feelings and his perception of truth. Everyone else was welcome to post the topic that frustrates them and is "tarded" based on their vision of the truth.

If you do not like people blowing off steam in threads like these, instead of in threads about disliked topics, you could have stayed out. You didn't have to come here and tell him his was being disrespectful in your opinion. Instead you come here to berate him for voicing his concerns and the language he used.

Do you not see the disconnect between your words and actions. I mean you did say,

I have to say, that any topic that I see that I don't like or is completely out there, I simply don't go into. Is that too hard of a choice to ask for?

I guess that it is a little too hard of a choice to ask for.

Why can't others follow that methodology?

I don't know. Why don't you tell me? You seem to have mastered it yourself.

The ones that no matter what you show as proof, debunking, and general common sense, some simply refuse to let go? ~ SaturnFX

To me this shows that he has attempted to offer proof and debunk the theories he listed as being frustrating. It shows that he is asking people to list topics that they have attempted to offer proof on or that they find to be spurious based on common sense. To me common sense implies the use of logic, deductive reasoning, and critical thought. In a nutshell, that means he was looking for topics that people had provided knowledge and reasoning against in healthy debate.

That is why I cite you as an example of my post.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by MikeNice81]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join