It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwin CBD office bombed, man in custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Darwin CBD office bombed, man in custody

www.abc.net.au

A man is in custody after seven people were injured in what police say was a bomb attack on an office building in Darwin's CBD this morning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I wodner why the man did this? They are suggesting it was random event because they didn't receive any threats before or communications after. I don't buy it as people tend not to wheel petrol bombs into buildings in a shopping trolley and ignite them.

Wonder if it was one fo the people that insurance people string along and end up refrusing to pay a legit claim?

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here is an Audio with quite a bit of info from the scene,

twaud.io...

The man turned himself in?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It was a woolworths store that got blown up, not an office building. The office buildings were near that store.

If he really wanted to do damage, the CBD was the worst place to do it....if he wanted maximum casualties, he wouldve targeted Casuarina shopping centre....sorry speaking as someone who lived in Darwin for 3.5 years

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Ok, Im getting mixed reports from people I know in Darwin

Apparently it was thrown into the TIO insurance building, and it was most probably a petrol bomb. If anyone has ever dealt with TIO, they should understand why someone is angry

But seriusly, Im glad none of my friends were in the vicinity...hope those injuries arent to serious

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
An insurance office is pretty odd target unless you have a vendetta against them. I'm still going with screwed customer.

new topics

top topics

join