It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review Of ATS By CSU Fullerton's The Daily Titan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

College is a time to learn and let loose. It’s a time to let your mind welcome new ideas from others, as well as create their own. At one of the Web’s most active destinations for alternative thinking, your brain can do just that. Abovetopsecret.com is one of the largest and most frequented alternative thinking sites out there. With a range of more than 150 forums ranging in subject from UFOs, the paranormal, secret societies and the new world order, the Web site covers almost any topic its members can think of. Alien abduction stories sit alongside discussions on the State of the Union speech, and provide the ADD child within everyone a chance to examine the world without losing their interest.

Ultimately, if you are interested in an entertaining way to inform yourself through the efforts of your peers then Abovetopsecret.com is a perfect source. Let others do the research and pose the question, all you have to do is: think, respond and repeat.

Link

While it is a college newspaper I thought this was great to read. A little bit of recognition and an implicitly positive one at that should be viewed as a bit of a validation of our community here.

I just wanted to post this for all of us so that we can take a step back and realize that we really are a part of something that is pretty darned cool.

Now, back to the squabbling over details.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Allison nailed it with that article. Allison, if you're reading, and I'm guessing you are, thank you for the stellar review.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
delete this plz

My mistake

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TrustMeIKnow

That's really cool actually, and accurate to boot ...

Well spotted TMIK.

"... think, respond and repeat."

edit cause of poor acronymity

[edit on 2 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrustMeIKnow

This is awesome that a college is reviewing ATS, no matter whether it is mainstream, or "alternative".

The thread here possibly deserves to be pushed into a B.A.N. Article.

Instead of a B.B.Q. thread, only giving it a push up the notch, to show respect.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I left a comment thanking her for the thorough review....

I also left a calling phrase - just to see if it catches on....

"If it's not on ATS, it probably doesn't matter!"

I wonder how many new members we'll get?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I loved reading this, and I too left a note for the author. It is nice to read a positive level headed review of the website.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I used to attend this college. The girls there are most splendid.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ya know, that is the thing about cream.... It always rises to the top. ATS is hands down the coolest site on the web and I believe it is only a matter of time before these types of articles become common place.

Not sure if anyone else does this but I try to post a link of my Facebook account to ATS every other week. Some people are free-thinkers and just don't know it yet.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
See its official we aren’t crazy we are just alternative thinkers.

You have to admit it sounds much more attractive than thinking challenged.

ATS really does have everything fit to print.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
thumbs up to the writer
and thumbs up to us

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Some guy talk radio host my dad listen to in IL said this was one of his favorite website. Found it funny cause I had been telling my father about the site the night befor.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
See its official we aren’t crazy we are just alternative thinkers.

You have to admit it sounds much more attractive than thinking challenged.

ATS really does have everything fit to print.

Crazy is OK too. Normal is insanity.

Nice article.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Ya, I kinda like the crazy label a bit.

My life is already normal enough.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Ya, I kinda like the crazy label a bit.

My life is already normal enough.

I am so stone cold insane I couldn't cath a bus back to crazy!

Tell me what's it like to be normal?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Got my Masters degree from CSUF. It was a great college.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The Web site’s success is in the civility and respect members display for one another and their desire for a level of higher thinking. It’s a place where conspiracy theorists and stubborn skeptics can join together because the site is managed in a way that discourages short posts with no substance and the chaos of insults, spam and hate speech.

A formula for success. It is this desire for a level of higher thinking that keeps me coming back. Not only that but the way even the most absurd things take on a seriousness that is contagious. A really great review and I hope to find more of them from other sources.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Incredibly kind! Pink elephant in the room sort of kind for not mentioning the flaming and the abuse that people give each other on this site

No offense to you, Allison, if you are reading! You're a good writer, and thanks for showing our pretty side to the world!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I did find something of interest about ATS. It's from PSP world but hey, it's something and I believe it's not bad.

Now, one of the long-standing fixtures of conspiracy theory websites, Above Top Secret, wonders whether FarmVille might be more than simply the world's most popular time-waster. They have turned their tinfoil-hat wearing minds toward Facebook to wonder, "What if it was like, enslaving our brains, dude?" Member Doc Velocity advanced the following theory about FarmVille, which posits a dark and sinister ulterior motive behind the friendly, smiling rural motif:

www.pspworld.com...

new topics

top topics

join