It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most beautiful of all the Angels:A conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Was/Is Satan the most beautiful of all the angels. NO.

After looking to find the statement that "Satan is the most beautiful of all the angels" in the Bible, and couldn't, I had to ask myself why I thought it was there. I am convinced the idea is being intentionally spread. In order to misconstrue the identity of Satan in the context of the Bible.
It is so pervasive that it isn't even thought of as a misconception.

It must be a conspiracy of those that see Satan not as a deciever and liar, but as a hero, and that he is mislabled and defamed. So they perpetuate the identity of him as something appealing, even beautiful.

Due to their efforts the statement "satain was the most beautiful of all the angels" permeates or society and has become part of common theology.

I hate it when that happens...I know I have personally been guilty of saying the bible describes him as such...won't be doing that again. We must put an end to this lie...

2 Corinthians 11:14 "Satan disguises himself as an angel of light"

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

I believe you may be chasing paper dragons my friend. I recall that thread you made on this very topic. I believe someone posted the quotes from Ezekiel in it. You do have me thinking though and I am going to search for the reason he is referred to as such.

I just went back to that thread and took the quote from there.

Ezekiel 28:13-19 "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Had to clean that up and provide the link.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-2-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I thought it was that he was the most bright, or most wise, or something to that effect

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ezekeil 28, starting at 12:

LORD says:
" 'You were the model of perfection,
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.

13 You were in Eden,
the garden of God;
every precious stone adorned you:
ruby, topaz and emerald,
chrysolite, onyx and jasper,
sapphire, turquoise and beryl.
Your settings and mountings were made of gold;
on the day you were created they were prepared.

14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
for so I ordained you.
You were on the holy mount of God;
you walked among the fiery stones.

15 You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created
till wickedness was found in you.

16 Through your widespread trade
you were filled with violence,
and you sinned.
So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
and I expelled you, O guardian cherub,
from among the fiery stones.

17 Your heart became proud
on account of your beauty,
and you corrupted your wisdom
because of your splendor.
So I threw you to the earth;
I made a spectacle of you before kings.

18 By your many sins and dishonest trade
you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
So I made a fire come out from you,
and it consumed you,
and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
in the sight of all who were watching.

19 All the nations who knew you
are appalled at you;
you have come to a horrible end
and will be no more.'"

Not a conspiracy, a reasonable interpretation of the bolded above.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
EXCUSE THIS DOUBLE POST

[edit on 2/2/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
Was/Is Satan the most beautiful of all the angels. NO.

LUCIFER THE BRIGHTEST LIGHT IS, NOT THE ASHYITAN1
NOT THE SAME ANGELS, LOL

[edit on 2/2/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Hiya jack!
yes, the scripture in Ezekiel if applied to Satan says he was attractive, and as a son of God before letting his jealousy consume him and becoming the deviever, he would have been beautiful as one of God's creations. But, this by no means says he "was the most beautiful"...this has been added to our society somewhere...and I think it just might be intentional

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Wait... So satan is not evil and your evidence is a non existant verse in the bible that calls him a pretty boy? The conspiracy is that the Christians hiding the fact that hes a pretty boy so people won't look up to him?

I'm convinced.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Well, now... Lucifer and Satan are often conflated because of the Pre-monotheistic Judaic myth of Lucicer.

Y'see, Lucifer is Venus. Venus appears brightest just after sunset, and is the brightest object in the sky save the moon. When the sun rises again, venus fades and sets.

This turned into the myth of the angel Lucifer scheming against god, leading a rebellion of the angels (the other stars in the sky) against god... only to be cast down when god notices.

It's kinda neat, in a primitive way.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

aka, the morning star...another name for Lucifer..for that reason.

Yes, Satan = Venus, the planet. (argueably also a altering of the Roman goddess, Venus, known for her beauty and wisdom)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

this by no means says he "was the most beautiful"

...how much more beautiful do you expect him to be than being "perfect in beauty?"

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So we have a really beautifu;, shining being who is actually evil deep down.

Satan is Edward Cullen! Sparkly, good-looking, and he eats uteruses!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

I don't know. That pretty much does it for me right there. If he was perfect and covered with all those precious stones than I believe he may have been pretty awesome looking. No, it does not say he was the most beautiful but we can get a pretty good idea that he was extraordinarily beautiful and was the anointed cherub.

I mean I wouldn't make this issue something that I believe everyone should know. When someone makes this claim it isn't something that would lead them away from any truth. He was something special at one time and I believe the text shows us this.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I do understand this seems small. But, consider how important the little things are to him.

An example...a beauty contest. All the contestants are beautiful, but if you ask any of them if it is important who is the most beautiful of all, they are going to say its very very important. If any contestant claimed they were the winner when they were not, then there would be outrage among the other contestants especially the winner.
Now, nobody jump in and tell me that Satan wasn't in a beauty contest...

But the point is made more clear, Satan want's to be seen in a positive way, something desireable, and appealing.

So, to him it probably would be important to be called "the most beautiful" and not just beatiful. The difference appears minor, but I don't think it is. I will grant there are much bigger misconceptions and untruths, but this is an untruth that will unfortunately continue to get promoted.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I was wondering if morning star mentioned in this song by the Scorpions is actually Satan. Listen to the words in this song.

It says in the song, Land of the morning star. One image looks like Devils Tower which was made famous in Close Encounters of The 3rd Kind.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by ViperFoxBat]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well...

In all his jealousy. He was cast down from heaven. Only to rule the earth.

This must mean God still trusted and loved him. He let him rule His creation and all.

One way or another anyway. Maybe he is just a test for us to take as humans. To learn if we are worth taking up in to heaven.

It looks like a lot of us are failing miserably. What else could be the reason God lets him be ?

He is almighty right ? Or do is this believe a flaw in human understanding ?

What do you all think ?

Peace !!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I believe it has a lot to do with our testimony. You see there are two forces at work. Good and evil. Before the Angles rebelled there was only God and the Angles and the force of Good or love. Then the Angles rebelled and introduced a new force. Evil. Who is right and who is wrong at this point?

God could have just wiped them out and started over. He didn't because that just doesn't fit with who the Bible tells us God is. Enter man kind. I believe we will give testimony as to what these two forces have brought to our existence.

new topics

top topics

join