It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show Lets Viewers Decide If 'Reality Stars' Get Abortions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Show Lets Viewers Decide If 'Reality Stars' Get Abortions

www.foxnews.com

The "Bump" was conceived after President Obama's commencement address at Note Dame University last year where he said he wanted "to find ways to communicate about a workable solution to the problem of unintended pregnancies."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well there you have it . I did not think that the networks could stoop this low but what the heck....they will do what ever it takes to get ratings no matter how many morals have to be thrown out the window.

And this comes from our fearless leader....at that. I really don't like this guy anymore. And am starting to get a bad feeling about what his true intentions really are.

What say you?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The story can be found at the Washington Post also....www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well considering MOST reality TV shows suck BAD...and reality TV "stars" makes me laugh...these people actually become famous sometimes..
...I think I am more for a reality tv show that lets me vote which "star" kills themselves, rather than the innocent baby their scumbag behind decided to make by screwin everything in sight...if it were REAL of course...lol

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
That is messed up. However with that said it will probably get more phone votes from across the nation, one way or another than an actual poll in polling stations would so maybe its a valid method of collecting data.

Bad taste though.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well it is PseudoReality, and the pregnancies aren't real, so there's nothing really there... just opinions of a group of people in real life scenarios that some girls face.

I was worried for a second it was real abortions!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
Well considering MOST reality TV shows suck BAD...and reality TV "stars" makes me laugh...these people actually become famous sometimes..
...I think I am more for a reality tv show that lets me vote which "star" kills themselves, rather than the innocent baby their scumbag behind decided to make by screwin everything in sight...if it were REAL of course...lol

They should start that immediately with the cast from Jersey Shore.

I would definitely tune in for that one.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Maybe they will get Octomom to star in it. Im sure she would get lots of votes for aborting. And she is still saying she wants even more.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
holy crap are you serious?? actually thats a pretty good idea because most of the people that star in reality shows are people that should not reproduce in the human gene pool. I am against abortions but I have to give this a thumbs up for genetic cleansing.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If someone is having trouble deciding whether or not to get an abortion the TV is the last place they should go for advice. Your doctor and family are much better alternatives. I remember being easily influenced by TV when I was younger and I don't like the amount of control the medium has over young people. It's controlled by a handful of people and often targets the most vunerable in society with questionable morality.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Well it is PseudoReality, and the pregnancies aren't real, so there's nothing really there... just opinions of a group of people in real life scenarios that some girls face.

I was worried for a second it was real abortions!

the real abortions come once none complain about this show.

that;s how life work's..if none fuss about this they basically have the go ahead for the real deal next season.
cast your vote ..who's baby will die ..results on next episode.BS with that

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Deny ignorance, it's an interesting idea

First it was the Real World, then came the Jersey Shore. Now, a new pseudoreality show is hoping to make an impression – only this time the cameras are following three actresses pretending to have unwanted pregnancies, and whether or not they decide to get an abortion is up to the viewers.

Let us see what America deems moral.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Where is it being held?

Sodom

or

Gomorrah

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
And this comes from our fearless leader....at that. I really don't like this guy anymore. And am starting to get a bad feeling about what his true intentions really are.

Just because someone decided to create this show after The President's speech does not mean that it was his idea.

Really now, The President isn't sitting with anyone in Hollywood or otherwise deciding new gimmicks for reality television shows.

As for the actual show...ratings will determine its' fate...I certainly don't intend to watch and I am Pro Choice.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Grayelf2009

What say you?

The idea for the show didn't come from President Obama.

Executive producer Dominic Iocco conceived "Bump."

I can see how the wording of that portion of the the Fox News article might lead readers to that conclusion.

The Washington Post Article is written a little clearer.

...and I wholeheartedly agree on how sickening the levels some people in the media are willing to go for ratings, a dollar, or influence .

Ah, FOX....such class.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

(*edit - clarity)

[edit on 2/2/10 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Why are you pro choice? I'd just like to know.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Just when you think reality tv can't get any stupider they come up this crap. I really didn't think they could top that steaming pile of dung called "hole in the wall" but It appears they have.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I believe all reality show stars should be chemically castrated to prevent them from reproducing. No need to kill a baby but God help us with these people reproducing.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This idea is non-sense, but who am I to say? Apparently, the entertainment executives think their is an audience for this this controversial show. On a personal note, I think prime-time television is the last place one should look for advice on this controversial decision. Again, who am I to say? If they want to broadcast this program, it is their right under the First Amendment. To put it simply, if this stuff is disturbing, don't watch it or tune-out by changing the channel.

This is just a new low in realm of the entertainment phenomenon we call reality television. It is of poor taste on the part of the producers and executives to sell and market such a controversial topic in a medium that can be considered a clown show or circus. However, freedom of speech and they have the right. If people don't want it on the air, it is easy to have it removed, as stated earlier; refrain from viewing. Then, get friends, family, and co-workers to tune out. Get them to spread the news to their friends, family, co-workers, and so and so forth. With a little time, it will bury itself.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I do like a bit of car-crash reality tv.. but I fail to see the point to this one.
Abortion is a personal choice and isnt really something you can judge from the outside. I mean what are they going to do if the public decide one or more should get abortions? Will there be another vote to choose which abortion method should be used?

Whatever next... here's 3 people with cancer, vote which one should be given chemo?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
None of those morons who participate in those things should be permitted to reproduce anyway.

Even if the pregnancies aren't real, the world needs to send them a message.

Better still would be a reality show where the viewers get to decide who dies first, with no survivors left by the season finale.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join