It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RCMP Investigated Over Beat Down: Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hello,

I just found this.

Why, with so much back up, do the police find it necessary to inflict blows to the head and body? Why can't they just restrain the accused and cuff him?

"As the public chews over the footage, Mounties are investigating the conduct of Winnipeg police officers who repeatedly struck a 19-year-old man while he allegedly resisted arrest in an incident recorded by surveillance video last year.

After consulting with Manitoba Justice, Winnipeg police have asked RCMP to probe the matter. The investigation will determine whether any criminal wrongdoing occurred when police arrested Cody Bousquet, 19, in February 2009. None of the officers involved has been charged.

Winnipeg police Chief Keith McCaskill isn’t involved in his force’s handling of the matter because of a family relationship, police said. His nephew, Const. Ryan Law, was one of the officers involved in the arrest.

No one from the police service agreed to an interview Friday.

Meanwhile, Bousquet is considering filing a complaint to the Law Enforcement Review Agency alleging police brutality. He is also seeking advice from a civil lawyer to find out if there are grounds for a lawsuit, said Daniel Manning, Bousquet’s criminal lawyer...."

www.winnipegsun.com...

www.winnipegsun.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Disgusting... i am sure we will get people who will point out that the guy was criminal who had led the police on a "high speed chase in a stolen truck and then resisted arrest"

That may be true... but the police are not there to administer punishment (which this clearly is) The police are there to uphold and enforce the law... they have strict guidelines and rules that they are meant to follow... I am pretty sure this lot broke just about every one of them!

If the police fail to follow their own rules of conduct then they become just another gang on the streets!

Thanks for sharing sparrowstail
S+F

new topics

join