It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Didn't Know About The War - Graphic, You Have Been Warned!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I came across this youtube video about the Iraq war and foreign policy. For people against the war, it may serve as a battle cry while those who are for it, it may serve as an eye opener.

Please be warned, images in this video can be disturbing but the message is one I feel worthy of ATS members. Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Pure propiganda. This is no better than the crap we get from the other side.
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking the OP. I just think this video, while it has moving images, is biased.
I believe the issue of the so called "War on Terror" is more complex than this video adresses.
It does bring up some cases that should be looked into further.
Perhaps we can adress some of those here in other posts.

Peace andLight!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

RIIIIIGGGHHTTT.... nothing to see here....I hope this video at least gets some people to read some Frederick Douglas...And maybe you should too.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I have been against the war for the last few years, but now I am REALLY against it. I want to go over there and bring aid to those people our country is hurting.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'd like to know who the woman is speaking at the end of the video - what a powerful orator she is!
This is the nature of modern warfare, civilian casualties outnumber military 3 to 1.
Rape and murder are a by-product of ALL wars, not just the ones we are currently involved in.
If cannot change our industry to produce things other than weapons this will always be the way of things. To survive economically we create markets through war. This is the danger Eisenhower spoke of so eloquently 50 years ago.
This isn;t war for freedom, religion or politics, it's war for profits.
Sadly, I see no end to this. The American people will never rise up in great enough numbers to enact the changes necessary to create peace instead of war. The best we can do is refuse to participate in any way.
I pray I am wrong but this is the greatest uphill fight mankind has ever faced. Wage peace in every thought and deed, it is our only hope.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This video only provides further proof why revolution against out government occupiers is necessary. They people have already let their voices be heard countless times, and they have been silences - on this and many other issues.

To those who think that peace will be the answer to a controlling faction so predisposed and hell bent on war, than I pray for you and hope that words do more than they have in the past.

To those who think that our nations rulers should be forced to answer for their crimes and stop ignoring the pleas of the people from within and all across the world, then you know what has to be done. Use this video as a fuel towards ideals and peace that should envelope this world, not the chaos that we live in today.

S&F.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HERACAT
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking the OP. I just think this video, while it has moving images, is biased.
I believe the issue of the so called "War on Terror" is more complex than this video adresses.

Peace andLight!

How sad.

"Peace and Light!"

You're serious aren't you? Take your false patriotism and your skewed beliefs of "Peace and Light" and go elsewhere. What's sad is you have multiple stars. You would have loved spreading peace and light amongst the third reich.

Cowards.

I like how you try to lessen the blow of your ignorant statement with,

"It brings up some cases that need to be looked into.."

Yeah, after you called it propaganda. So which is it.. ? Propaganda or not?

[edit on 30-1-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

I had heard about our military, using spent uranium,in their bullets.
This is a great find,star and flag for you.This should be considered
a warning to wives of soldiers returning from these wars.Your babies
could end up with the same birth defects as those in the video.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Anyone know who the woman is speaking at the end?

Interesting video indeed

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The woman speaking towards the end of the video is Dr. Dahlia Wasfi. This is one of her websites: www.liberatethis.com...

She was born in New York, but then spent some of her early childhood in Iraq while Saddam was in power. She's considered an Iraqi American. Graduated from Swarthmore College in 1993 with a B.A. in biology, and from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in 1997.
Source

She's an M.D., anti-war activist. She mainly speaks against the occupation in Iraq, but she also talks about the US troops in Haiti, among other issues.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

I thought that the democrats were going to stop the war! The war against the individual will not stop. The war against freedom will not stop. Your war against me will not stop. Your power mad tax collectors will not stop. Your hero al franken is funny at last! When you de-humanize your self and join a political party, you go to war on behalf of the special intrest groups. The special intrest groups must beg the totalitarian power structure for sanctions. All religions are hate groups. WHY must i be forced to pay for your power mad game of hate, and murder? Why do you worship a government, a religion, a hate group? ergonomic531

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Peace andLight!

So what? There should be a video that represents the good of the war, seeing as this video is supposed to be biased? Oh wait, my bad...cos there is no "good" that comes out of war, especially one like this. I mean did we just both watch the same video? This isnt biased, its something everyone should see. The only thing this video does is shine light on the truth of whats going on out there.

BTW, just off subject, that women @ the end....sounds like one hell of a legend.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Are you suprized civilians have died? I can't think of a war without civilian casualties.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

S&F nice find.
This vid sums up all of the reasons I am against this war, or any war the banks are funding. A little more info, we have 3 more country s to dominate in the middle east according to the Rockefellers.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Peace andLight!

HAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

man, I hope you are being paid to post this things here, I really do, otherwise, you really live in your own second life world ... stop playing modern warfare 2, its not like you only kill "terrorists", there are families, civilians, kids, being killed every single minute in this "WAR" that I call massacre ...

US army will never fix the problems in iraq, because there were no problems, US army are the real terrorists for the most people in this planet ...

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

Are you suprized civilians have died? I can't think of a war without civilian casualties.

ah, sure, you guys are in a WAR ... ok ... why all the deaths happen in just one side?

another thing

what haters do? they hate
what killers do? they kill

these wars will never end until someone stops this madness in our world, and I dont think we can ... I really think we are doomed ... and people ask, why ET hasnt made contact yet .... lol, who would want to contact us?

another thing, nice to see that americans are proud to say, WE STOPPED HITLER, but if you stop to think, americans are doing the same thing HITLER was doing ... its the same, who is going to save us now? China? I dont think so

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It certainly was a powerful video and a very disturbing and thought provoking one.

Clearly we are committing a war of Islamic attrition for power, oil and drugs.

Those who could dismiss the worst of our crimes based on those acts of charity or goodness carried out at the same time is certainly a fool, and living in denial, and morally corrupt.

Our better angels in no way can make up for or excuse our worst angels.

We can not choose to be selectively defined in such a way, for you will always be judged by the sum total of our actions and all those actions themselves, and not simply in the way we might seek to justify them or excuse them.

There really is no excuse for most of what we do over there, and the few candy bars we give away and the schools and the hospitals we build to brainwash the youth of tomorrow and treat the injured and suffering we create today does not in anyway shape or form excuse the horrendous barbarity visited in mass on the civilian populations of the world;.

Anyone who thinks there is really is just someone who does not value life and condones murder.

How anyone imagines that gives them the high moral ground I will never know.

It is a sad and sorry world we live in and one that desperately needs changed.

[edit on 30/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread539448/pg1#pid8005299]post by HERACAT[/
Surprised that someone on ATS would be so ill informed about just how dirty/corrupt our military establishment is!Dating back to the 1950's we were playing these dirty games all over the Globe. Before i blindly accept anything any Government tells me, i do my homework.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

The point of the OP was to stop doing that which causes genocide. I'm not sure how did you get the idea that OP is surprised about civilian casualties.

We all die, but no one deserves giving birth to a mutated baby as a punishment for Saddam being potential threat to western powers.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Peace andLight!

You're the smart one, right?

Of course it's propaganda, ATS is 98% propaganda, with the occasionally interesting 2% of fact (usually in the science reports).

Irregardless of it being biased I think you're missing the point- it's not being used to illustrated a few isolated incidents, which you suggest, but rather an ongoing lack of restraint in the U.S. soldier and the environment that breeds such hate.

I should thank you, however, I have some friends that just showed up and they (we) are all laughing at your post. One mentioned "Captain Obvious". Ah the classics.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The narrator at the end lost my interest when she noted "White Establishment."

Good one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join