It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should WE being doing more.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is a question to anyone who think the same or wants to do more.

everytime i read something on ATS a conspiracy, a science advancement or development or anything really i see many people praise these advances and i also see many people knocking them by logic or just lack of information.

I ask should we have another thread/ sub topic or what ever the things are called for anyone on ATS who has ideas to produce data and proof on subjects.

If your following me so far, and you dont understand what i mean, bascially a part on ATS maybe something like LTS learning top secret a part deicated to people tests and proving ideas they have about anything from conspracys medical,science wise.

This idea came from a post by a member talking about the lack of " geeks " in the USA and i thought with all these apprently clever people on ATS and BTS we could do alot more potentially.

Its just an idea. if you still dont get what i am suggesting sorry maybe someone could make it eaiser.

what do you think ?

thecrow001

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Great idea in principal, here come the but!

Information should all be presented in the body of a thread.
Ideally all assertions or claims should be supported by evidence, data, etc. The reality is that what is supplied is usually derived from the internet, 2nd hand at best, and usually contentious (naturally, this is a conspiracy site!).

Providing irrefutable evidence of a conspiracy is always going to be difficult, possibly dangerous, and, when you take into account all the nay sayers, trolls and disinfo agents waiting to rip your arguments apart, pretty bloody thankless. Some people do do the reasearch, and make the effort, and those are the gem threads to look for.

Also, I think the kind of work your talking about is beyond most people, timewise, so to then have that work ridiculed is also pretty hard. Lets face it, if you propose an idea, you probably believe in the proposition, so to be told your a nut, or whatever, because of it is not particularly welcome.

Do you read the 9/11 threads? I do, and I get uptight because to me, the OS is BS, and I can't see how anyone can swallow it. So when I hear the debunkers going ahead with nothing to offer but an attitude, I just think why bother, and keep my opinion to myself. I never contribute.
Some people are not interested in anyone elses POV, not matter if you have relevant data or proof or whatever.

Sorry to go on - I agree with what your saying, and in an ideal world what you suggest would happen, but in a free forum like this, in the real world, it never will,

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Icerider

First of all thanks for replying i was worried nobody replying.

I see what your saying about trolls and people straight there to dis-agree with a topic inmention but does it mean we should not try.
I've seen some 9/11 threads and i know what you mean.

When people rpesent facts and data in threads its mainly all borrowed from other people primary research i suggest some how just people doing there own.
I understand about the time problems and mayeb this section could be for people who are willing to put time in and do some orginal work.

This is a conspiracy site but we or all out to prove and find facts for these maybe this idea could help this.

Maybe there could be a middleground could be in order.

Thecrow001

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well, I wish I could direct you better, but if you click around the Board, there is a research forum, and theres some collaborative stuff too.
I'm not sure what those guys do in there (should go look!), but maybe that fits the bill

I am guessing you will find a lot more 'serious' discussion on the slightly lower profile forums, again, I'm not the best person to guide you, but you can click around for yourself.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hello Crow,
Your english is very good.
I too have thought about what can be done here at ATS, but I must admit, I didn't think of it in terms of education or proof. (Which is odd for me, for I am a slave to logic and an excellent teacher.) Nevertheless, your concept of "doing" on ATS, is interesting and, I think, wouldn't be frowned upon by management, such as organizing "action" is.
I would like to suggest that there are things that could be done.
For instance, "experiments."
Perhaps you could write a thread to suggest some theory that you would like to test and some clever ATS person will come up with a way to discern, A.) If the theory is testable. and B.) What that test would be like.

Cheers to you for a good thought. S and F too!

Edited to add....

Apparently no star. Weird.
Also, your title is a question.
The answer is Yes.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by briantaylor]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Icerider

I will do just that thanks.

anyone else with ideas come comment.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
im new to ats.

i would like to see a sort of gem section.!
it is hard to filter out all these threats to a good one that is indeed useful.
some sort of encyclopedia would be very useful!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

The problem is that your idea would require ATS to take the view that SOME things are fact. And as previous suggestions have revealed, the powers that be here don't like people generating 'consensus' about any given subject.

Therefore, nothing can be taught, as there are NO facts to be found here. Allegedly.

Parallex

new topics

top topics

join