It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WinterStorm in Southern Plains

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

Same here.
You know, if you are up for it, I would gladly take you up on that.

A few friends and I were actually planning on heading over to Hawk's Bill Crag on Sunday. But I think this weather is going to throw a kink in it.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Deal. I will send my contact info to you

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

Cool. Be safe out there, man.
I need to gt off here for awhile and sleep off this flu.

I hope everyone is doing alright out there in ATSland.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
check this out this weekend!

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Hey, I'm suffering in Oklahoma. Not really. Not much. My daughter went to work yesterday, the roads were treacherous but the traffic was light and they went really slow. The major roads were salted. We got a lot of warning. Everybody was shopping like crazy in Walmart, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I got some firewood just in case at Lowes and people were there buying generators. In Dec 2007 we had friends move in with us for a week because their power was out. At lot of people went to shelters. We weren't much worried about Fema camps because we hadn't heard of them back then.Don't trust the govt! It's bad enough that we have a shadow government, but our shadow government has Nazi roots and diabolical tessla machines.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by m khan]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

Glad to hear things are going alright for you.
I don't know too much about Nazi Shadow Governments with diabolical Tesla Machines, but I'm glad to hear you are making it.

Over here the snowfall totals varied. I measured about 10 inches in my backyard this morning, but other totals within my own town were only about 6".

The roads are actually already melting. Which is amazing considering there was a good 1/2" of ice that fell before the snow.

This turned out to not be nearly as bad as forecasted... At least for us here in NWArkansas.
Good to hear you guys are doing alright.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well here we ended up with about 8 inches, with about a 1/4 inch of freezing rain and sleet ON TOP of that. So the snow is real slick, lol it is like a glacier or something...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am up here in MO and we just finished this morning with 7 inches of snow. Not seen that much snow in years.
The past two years we have been iced out at this time not to mention two years ago the tornados that came through then the next week we got the ice. Last year we got lucky and only had a few hours of lights out. The year before we were out for about two days.

This year we really lucked out with the snow. I even went to work last night the roads could have been slick if not driving correctly or having a car/truck not worthy of that type of road condition. I am lucky on that part that I finally was able to get a car I wanted for some time two years ago and it does awesome on this stuff (see my profile for links to pics if interested). I was moving along through at least 5-6 inches of snow with no issues, my only fear was other people on the road.

The last time I recall having a large amount of snow/ice mix was in 91 or 92. Prior to that I recall about 12 inches back in the mid 80’s and of course I am told about a “blizzard” that hit pretty hard back in either 78 or 79.

Certainly the weather here in Missouri is something to be on alert about nearly all the time. I am never quite sure what our next day will be like. It seems the past several years we have had loads of rain in the spring (yes more than normal). The summers everyone talks about being hot but I grew up without AC and recall one summer in particular that was very hot in the 100’s back in the mid 80’s or so. I remember that one because it was the only summer I have ever felt that I could not breath due to the heat and humidity. I was so hot then I literally thought my brain was cooking in my skull. I remember taking a cold shower just to cool down.

Anyway hope things are fine for everyone down that way. I know the pain many felt (plenty aside from us were without power for weeks) with the past years ice storms. Stay safe and stay warm.

Raist

Edit to add link from thread I started the days following the snow/ice and tornados.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1/30/10 by Raist]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Living in Minnesota, we know very well what winter storms can do. If we continue to screw with the environment, this is but a taste of what we have in store. And for those idiot republicans who think this is all part of some natural cycle do us all a favour and crawl back under the rock you came out from. Christ! You are such stupid *Snip*! Take science 101, then come back and we will talk.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/31/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Thanks for the thread! I'm a student at the University of Oklahoma and it's definitely the worst I've ever seen. It took me about an hour today to get the 2-3 inch thick ice off of my car. It's crazy icy and snowy (haha). No power outages here though, but everything is closed minus the cafeteria.

And I lost my ring in the chaos of the many snowball fights...

Here are some pics I took of the storm, in case anyone is interested (if I can figure it out). Ok I can't get the pics under here...but this is my facebook album if anyone is interested.

www.facebook.com...

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Jibblin]

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Jibblin]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Hey man.
No need for the harsh words.

(who am I to talk?)

Sorry if you are having a bad day, though.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

So the “facts” show this is not normal climate wise? How long have we been tracking climate historically exactly?

While all of this might not be 100% normal climate fluctuations it is no way a sign that GW science is 100% correct or even 50% correct. At best we can only guess to the truth about what is really going on.

Do we need to change how we are doing things? Sure. Do we need climate Nazis at our doors telling us how to live? By all means no.

Man is not more powerful than nature no matter how important or great man thinks they are.

By the way I am neither republican, democrat, liberal, or conservative.

Raist

top topics

<< 1   >>

join