It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My expiriences from 10 and up

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowNinja
reply to post by phoenix_zephyr

Just a hint start stocking up on food from 20th Aughust prices are about to go up soon and when the time really calls for resources it will be hard to get.

AAARRRGGGHHH, again with the pointless, fake predictions. I really am sorry to be the seemingly one voice that is absolutely calling BS on this subject. Please stop with the doom and gloom predictions. When even one of your predictions comes true I promise to become a true beliver but until then I think it's truly wise to stop posting. Of course food prices are going up - they always have and and will continue to do so. I anxiously await Aug 20 and of course for the 'arrival of the fleet"

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I can relate to a lot of that, our family went through something similar to what you did with your ex, with my stepdad. Whilst I could do nothing to stop him from hurting mum, I made sure to try and take the brunt of his fists so that he didn't hurt my siblings. Their marriage ended when I was about 11 with her holding him at gun point with his own air-rifle (He was in the TA), it wasn't loaded but he wasn't to know that in his drunk state

For a long time I was scared and constantly blamed myself, even tried to kill myself at the age of 16, I was a mess. It wasn't until I was 18/19 and went to University that I started to sort my head out and realise that none of it was my fault, that he was nothing but a control freak coward who could only attack those that couldn't defend themselves.

I hated him for a long time but realised he isn't worth my time, not even worth my pity anymore. Whilst I wouldn't have chosen to go through what I did, I don't dwell on it anymore, it made me stronger and my mum is a force to be reckoned with now

- Phoenix

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AidanK

Just a hint start stocking up on food from 20th Aughust prices are about to go up soon and when the time really calls for resources it will be hard to get.

AAARRRGGGHHH, again with the pointless, fake predictions.
I consider myself lucky to be able to buy 3 eggs for less than 100 billion dollars:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a685031f9886.jpg[/atsimg]
That picture isn't a joke or a fake, that's really what 3 eggs cost when the currency of Zimbabwe experienced runaway inflation. I know the USA and the EU are printing more currency than they should, but it's not as bad as what Zimbabwe did. This is about 2 years old, but still:

Zimbabwe Inflation Now Over 1 Million Percent

As stores opened for business Wednesday, a small pack of locally produced coffee beans cost just short of 1 billion Zimbabwe dollars. A decade ago, that sum would have bought 60 new cars.

If you think your prices are going up, be glad you don't live in Zimbabwe.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_zephyr

I can relate to a lot of that, our family went through something similar to what you did with your ex, with my stepdad. Whilst I could do nothing to stop him from hurting mum, I made sure to try and take the brunt of his fists so that he didn't hurt my siblings. Their marriage ended when I was about 11 with her holding him at gun point with his own air-rifle (He was in the TA), it wasn't loaded but he wasn't to know that in his drunk state

For a long time I was scared and constantly blamed myself, even tried to kill myself at the age of 16, I was a mess. It wasn't until I was 18/19 and went to University that I started to sort my head out and realise that none of it was my fault, that he was nothing but a control freak coward who could only attack those that couldn't defend themselves.

I hated him for a long time but realised he isn't worth my time, not even worth my pity anymore. Whilst I wouldn't have chosen to go through what I did, I don't dwell on it anymore, it made me stronger and my mum is a force to be reckoned with now

- Phoenix

Good for you ... and even though it takes a while to fully recover from such ... when it finally clicks in your head it is so liberating isn't it ?

I have never allowed myself to hate my 'ex' ... it is an emotion that stirs passionate reaction that is too close to love ... but I have gone one better, because I actually feel 'indifference' to him ... the last time I actually saw him (about 5yrs ago) he tried to give me the infamous 'death stare' (to intimidate me), in the past this would have had me trembling in my shoes ... but I just looked him in the eye and felt nothing ... other than incredulous at the fact that I'd allowed this pathetic cretin to have such control of m in the past ... I held his gaze and he was the first to look away.

It was done ... I knew at that second that this person had no impact on my life whatsoever anymore ... and my god it felt amazing !!!

I don't look back at my time with him as a waste ... I use the memories as a learning-curve ... and as a result just like your mom (even though I am a very easy-going ... placid person by nature) I am a force to be reckoned with if / when the need arises.

When that need has arisen I never rant and rave ... I speak very clamly and very deliberately whilst holding the gaze of whoever is on the receiving end ... and it works better than you could ever imagine ... because such a response takes people off-balance as they expect you to react a certain way when you're angry / annoyed / p'ed off.

When you respond in the way I described they have no idea what to do and end up looking really silly.

Anyhoo I'm really pleased that you and your mom survived and learned from your own trauma ... it never ceases to amaze me how many of us there are !

Woody

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I know that calm anger oh too well, me and my other half get like that when riled, never at each other though, I can't remember the last arguement we had
People seem thrown off balance when you don't raise your voice
My other half has said that he wouldn't hurt my stepdad if he saw him, he'd wait in line after everyone else that wants to
As satisfying as it would be to suckerpunch him, I know that he's not worth my energy.

Awesome for standing your ground, my mum was much the same when my niece was born (stepdad is all my siblings father), she didn't know he was going to be there at my brother's house but she didn't faulter not one bit
I haven't seen him for about 10 years, blimey that really has been a while
I honestly don't know how I'll react when/if I ever see him again, but I know he can't hurt me anymore

- Phoenix

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hahahahaha. Oh my gosh. Reading the last ten pages of this thread has made my day. Classic example of why I stopped listening to the crap that Unity and Shadow were spewing.

Seems like Pheonix, Woody, Scribe and others have pretty much covered it but my god, it amazes me the level of ignorance and arrogance here. Regardless of what you believe in or whatever your "experiences" have been, learn to have some respect for people.

The whole "I'm not listening to you because you're rude" excuse is so tiring. It seems like a way for you to avoid what people are actually saying. Maybe it's because you know you're wrong. If someone has a problem with me or is asking questions, I'm always sure to address them. That's how you get through a conversation. That's how talking to people works.

It's the easy route to say you'll just ignore someone. But we're all wrong some times. And these guys haven't been any less rude than you two have been.

You guys are so set on pointing out other people's issues that you don't realize how you're just as bad. You both act like you're so superior and that anyone who might get annoyed with your avoidance has a "hidden agenda."

Learn to take your own advice and be creatures of "love and light" because you certainly don't come across as loving from what you've posted. If you wanted to help people, you would stop all the avoidance, you'd answer the appropriate questions and you wouldn't lose your tempers so easily.

Anyways, enjoy your break Shadow. Maybe you will reflect and come back a wiser person.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by LaurenVirgo]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Unity_99

Unity99 is right we are all Starseeds with locked memories and skills and we mean no harm to humans. Who ever thought that we are bad they are wrong!!!
I am a Starseed and so are many others we all are and I mean no harm to humanity and why would we even want to harm somethings???

I mean it is degradable and makes it go bad there is no threat from us and from you because you all are same as us. Just simply not yet aware of your memories and some skills. Lets simply put it in a point of we are a big giant loving cosmic family and we will not harm each other. It is true there are those here to bring harm but they are not like us. I mean as in the agenda for humanity we are all about peace,love,light,understanding and unity of all people.

So please do not think of us badly we are here to help and so are all of us.

This is exactly what my dad was talking about, when he referred to the Beings of light seen by a few lucky people while travelling up in the Higher Himalayan Ranges on the Indian Side.
He once said to me: "Son, you know we are not alone in this Universe, I Know that you know it as well, we are all travellers, we shift intergalactic, inter dimensional, your science books will be written in a very skeptic tone, dont believe any of that. If you want to know more, then someday travel to the Sun temple in Kashmir, our ancestors had written some directional clues on where to find the other Universe-kins"

I translated it from his talk from Hindi to English in the best possible way. You are amazing, dont let the skeptics force you to believe against your will.
universal Peace
Karthik

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Karthik1981

Well we're not all starseeds, and that is a word I've been growing out of, it is useful in that there are many things shared in those searching. Earth is like a school/prison, and we're all long standing cosmic citizens from what I understand, most are renegades in the old war. The answer to life is Love, always. No teacher gives a grade 7 student, grade 1 lessons. And these ones on earth are low grade lessons with war, poisons, control and extreme poverty for many.

For example, if 11 11 were a date, and lets say it was related to comet Honda on Aug 11, 2011, which will miss us by a ways they say, we have to realize that our collective consciousness, also reflected by the sun (which affects comets, powers them, and planets affect their orbit too) has a lot to do with everything. That comet flung 2 meteors at Venus out of its tail during its last pass, or one of them, around 2000.

So in a sense starseed is a word, implying with both sides of the polarity or duality here, the positive side coming in to help. But when? How long have people gotten trapped, in negativity. The light is within all, under all the masks everyone wears so the words are made for division, instead of unity.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hmm, did this thread jump off a cliff, take a plunge in a whirl-pool, get swallowed by a Kraken and digested in infinite abysmal stomach acids? 'cause I'm going to be honest here; there's too much prophecy and foreshadow in this thread for it to just die away.

We've got prophecies about the New World Order rising up soon. More about the Knights Templar returning to power. A few about the arrival of certain alien personages. More about the Powers that Be preventing the (now recovering) BP Oil Disaster from being salvaged.

There's discussions of advanced alien technologies. Discussions over astrology and it's evil applications. And, not just a few claims of vast knowledge, insight, and psychic powers from certain users who could prove their statements and beliefs quite superior if they'd just demonstrate any of these.

No, my good friends, I don't believe this thread should be allowed to sink into internet obscurity like the Juggernaut. I think it deserves to be placed quite (un)comfortably back on the front page where all and sundry can read about the great things promised to believers by the Magnificent Duo of ShadowNinja and Unity_99.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Indeed. Well this one didn't happen did it? Unless I missed something?
Though saying that, prices are generally *always* going up

- Phoenix

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Don't know about it being so much of a prediction, the weather was kind of telling about that.

Prices are always going up. I was just reading this other thread, and it also reminded me Canada didn't get much of a harvest this year either, but our lack of a crop was because of too much rain.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It might be worth watching the prices for a while. I heard coffee and chocolate was also going up too

We can probably cut back on our grains a little, but coffee and chocolate might be worth stocking up

[edit on 27-8-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

To be fair, a lot of the things I buy have gone down in price where I live O.o

*steals all your coffee and chocolate and runs off into the distance*

- Phoenix

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Thank goodness. I think some things are going up, like mostly the grains that couldn't survive in this years weather, but in Canada, I think we need 2 bad years in a row, we have grain bank storage for backup food. Meat is really cheap where I am, we're surrounded by cattle farms.

Also we have whatever we can grow, or fish for, so we're not likely to starve.

But the chocolate and coffee
A little bit of panic set in. If I find cocoa on sale, I'm stocking up.

If the rain keeps up, farmers could always switch to wild rice and cranberries, they both grow well in a very cold climate.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Prices are definitely going up, i just got back from Leeds Festival, and it's £5.00 a burger, last year it was only £4.00!
i think the new world order are making a move!

[edit on 30-8-2010 by OrionTri]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hey Guys and Gals Shadow is back what did I miss

Peace, Love and Light to all as always in general senses

Now what shall we touch base on now

Also Jacob honestly mature enough great joke but seriously

Burgers come on man you got to be joking me mate

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Always trust Pheonix and Snow spirit to keep the thread funny and relaxed

Thanks guys

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowNinja

What's wrong with burgers?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionTri
reply to post by ShadowNinja

What's wrong with burgers?

Indeed

- Phoenix

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hey look! That Shadow's back! Whatcha been up to m'boy?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Interesting

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Archangel In Training]

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join