It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing things....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Maybe some of you have had this happen.At night when things get quiet,I sometimes hear what sounds like a radio playing at low volume.I distinctly hear voices talking,although I can not quiet make out what they are saying.
At other times I will also hear very high pitched squeals.It is not the area I am in because it doesn't seem to matter where I am at,I still hear them.It isn't every night either.I have even had to get out of bed to see if a television or radio is on,but never find anything on.Maybe I'm just going insane or the CIA is transmitting radio signals to my brain

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Do you have any fillings? Sometimes metal fillings can pick up radio signals from what I have heard.

The reason I ask is because of the music...could be a filling.

You ever make out what the music is? like is it familiar, rock maybe or country music?

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Actually its not music,but just talking.A mans voice to be exact.Oh and yes I do have one filling in a tooth.Never thought of that.That would be cool if I could turn up the volume and off when I wanted to listen in. LOL.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
next time it happens, listen as carefully as you can, try covering your ears with a pillow and see if you can hear it better.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
lol @ darkblade

how come him hearing voices is radio waves in his fillings yet a picture off the wall could be paranormal

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well acidhead, I work with my intuition. And I go with the first thoughts that come to my mind. If you don't like that, thats ok with me. It is obvious that I have hit some sort of nerve with you, and thats ok too, your posts tend to speak for themsleves.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
receiving radio waves thru fillings is an urban legend...Not possible, ask any dentist, doctor, or orthodontist.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
At other times I will also hear very high pitched squeals.

This happens to me too quite often. It happens to my father and brother as well but not to anyone else I've met. It would most often happen when I was in public in a large building. Where do you hear these things? I eventually discovered that it had a correlation to being near flourescent lighting. Not very paranormal, I know, but I want to know if you have a similar experience.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
As to the fillings being an urban legend....:

tafkac.org...

According to this, it is possible, but unless you live near a radio tower, they say it is unlikely. But it is POSSIBLE.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Schizophrenia? Do you only hear these voices at night? Could it be possible that your neighbors are talking loud or something? I dont know what to tell you.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Well acidhead, I work with my intuition. And I go with the first thoughts that come to my mind. If you don't like that, thats ok with me. It is obvious that I have hit some sort of nerve with you, and thats ok too, your posts tend to speak for themsleves.

actually no , i just tend not to jump to conclusions of the improbable , i have nothing against you at all and actually im very interested in ufo / paranormal things - just not to the point where i jump to aliens and ghosts at the first sign of something weird going on

dont try and turn this to a personal attack , its not intentional , me and you just have totally different views on the world

also - what about my posts , what are you implying?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
LOL acidhead...not implying anything other than this thread and the other one we both are bouncing around from LOL

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I thought Schizophrenia happened liek this.

You don't actually LIVE the event, nor HEAR voices, but in your mind you have memories of it happening.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I used to hear the radio thing as I was trying to go to sleep. Just loud enough to hear but not loud enough to make out. Mine wasn't talking just music with lyrics (that I could make out).

And I don't have any fillings.

Strange stuff. When people reach a certain phase in meditation they can hear (fully) radio stations playing. Maybe this is the same thing just much more subtle?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i often get awoken to people shouting my name in anger ???

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
so you don't know if you wake up by screams acid? why the "??"

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Acidhead, thats cause you overslept, parents can be a pain.

Kidding...or am i? lol

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
erm the ?? is because i wonder why i keep on hearing "MARC!!!!" shouted while im dozing off

funny you should mention the oversleeping thing , i dont do it much but i went in to work an hour late today because of it , i think the last time i never got up was about 3 years ago

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by acidhead]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Actually its not music,but just talking.A mans voice to be exact.Oh and yes I do have one filling in a tooth.Never thought of that.That would be cool if I could turn up the volume and off when I wanted to listen in. LOL.

When I was nine or ten, I heard morse-code in my head every single night. It went on for so long that I wanted to learn morse. It was pretty fast. It stopped happening when I moved, and it hasn't heppened since.

So, perhaps you're not mad.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If you are talkin about no one being around and hearing that. Happened to me a few times before.

Dunno why or who or what, only know that no one was around.
One time my dad was supposed to come over and help me with my car at 6 am, and at 5:55, a voice screamed DAN!! DAN!!! GET UP DAN!!! from my living room. I litterally JUMPED out of bed and ran into the living room and no one was there and the door was locked.

Then one time, my wife was cooking hotdogs and I had gone to the store, she didnt know I left, when I came back she was freaking out. I guess she thought I was standing behind her and she asked if I wanted a hotdog and a voice said sure! She turned around and no one was there.

And a REALLY freaky one...when I was around 12, my mom and I heard someone screaming outside DAN!! DAN!!! HELP ME!! HELP ME!!! and we went out side and no one was there, that one was really really freaky...it stopped when we went out to look, and when we came back in it started again....made you hair stand up on end. I always wondered what that was, could of been a cat but man...sure did sound like someone yelling my name and screaming for help.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join