It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Cats and dogs don't worry me. It is the shockingly poor animal welfare in China which I have a problem with - that and trade in rare animal parts for Chinese "medicine".

Regards

Either Chinese medicine is working or not, I certainly agree with you on this! That's why they are putting the death penalty on those touching or winking at Pandas....

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
dude thats not fair, everyone knows chickens, cows, pigs, and fish cant feel anything and are obviosly jsut here for us to eat. its natural, and its only cruel if yuo dont liek use the whole thing and stuff. and besides, where else can you get protien? everyone needs protien. and dont forget b-17 and like, it tastes real good and stuff. its only really gross if you thinka obut it, so when i eat meat, i jsut dont think aobut what im doing and it goes down jsut fine. and besides, vegetarians are wierdos.

wahahahahahah, you are cracking me up!!!!!!!! kudos to you!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
Can someone tell me the different between eating a dog, a cat or a swine? I don't get it.

I eat none of them since 20 years.

If you cannot comprehend the subtle differences between those animals, it means you're just not that emphatic, aren't you?

Some of those animals portray emotions better than others. Animals such as dogs, chimps, and dolphins are better compare to the rest. That's why some group of people more attach to those animals than others.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Can someone tell me the different between eating a dog, a cat or a swine? I don't get it.

I eat none of them since 20 years.

If you cannot comprehend the subtle differences between those animals, it means you're just not that emphatic, aren't you?

Some of those animals portray emotions better than others. Animals such as dogs, chimps, and dolphins are better compare to the rest. That's why some group of people more attach to those animals than others.

I ahd ever a cat and I'm vegetarian since 20 years....*it means you're just not that emphatic, aren't you?".....

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I ahd ever a cat and I'm vegetarian since 20 years....*it means you're just not that emphatic, aren't you?".....

From your previous post, I suspect you're a veggie, but then you ask that animal question, you said you don't get it. It means you do respect life and like life, but not in a deeper level. You're not emphatic enough, hope you understand what I'm saying.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Heeeee? Because I have the same respect to all animals, I am not deep emphatic ?

Tell me more

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Jazzyguy

Heeeee? Because I have the same respect to all animals, I am not deep emphatic ?

Tell me more

I just don't think they're all the same, there are degrees. Certain animals are different than others, some have more, some have less characters.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

You never grew up on a dairy farm.

Cows aren't that "smart" but they are just like dogs, my "girls" got all excited when I approached the barn, couldn't wait to be hugged, kissed and petted. Seriously, cows are so affectionate.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Redhercules

A star for you from me. I love seeing post like yours because it makes me realize that I must judge each and every person individually and not by nationality or culture.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by yiersan

I didn't think fish could think until my son Michael brought home a lowly catfish.

He bought home a poor little cat fish, huffying and puffying for air. I immediately put the poor little thing in our bath tub, trying to regulate the water temperature I put my hand in the water. The catfish brushed up agairnst my hand several times, thanking me affectionately for putting it back in the water.

I was shocked at it's "advanced perception".

All life is sacred. All life has an awareness. We just turn our backs in apathathy to avoid "responsibility".

[edit on 6-2-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
With regards to the soup made with children, it is well known here in China there is an illegal trade in human fetus soup. However it is viewed by most Chinese as being completely repugnant and is highly illegal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join