It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I don't think anybody is trying to "Americanize" the world. Americans have picked and chosen habits, traits, traditions and other standards of behaviors and beliefs from a wide range of other cultures. It's what makes up who we are.

We have selected traits which work for us, or please us. Some things other countries do, we have rejected in assimulating into our own societies, for one reason or another.

Our choices and behaviors have been formed over a long period of time.

If other countries should in turn emulate some of the things we do.....well then, they could do worse. We're not all bad, you know. In the event you don't know, then let me share something with you: We're Not All Bad.
In fact, most of the time our Good outweighs our Bad.

Unless someone is so inherently wrapped up in an anti-American gig, they should be able to see this.

The Chinese have chosen to discontinue the practice of dog and cat human consumption. Good for them. I don't see anybody here waving the American flag, and saying "We finally forced this on them", do you?

They have chosen to do this and I for one am glad. I personally find this practice extremely distasteful, but hey, that's just me. I'm pleased to see the Chinese, for whatever reasons THEY have determined, letting go of this.

......and I had nothing to do with their decision.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I don't care. Plants feel pain as well, perhaps you are the one who should read more biology books.

I know what i'm eating. I eat steak and chicken like it's my job. I didn't spend the last 180,000 years evolving as an omnivore to only pick one side of the table.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Let's see, it's alright for the Chinese elite to eat human children in a soup which the elite pay thousands of dollars to maintain their youthful color and vibrancy but it's not alright for the masses to eat dogs or cats to sustain their lives.

I think this is where we are headed sometimes. We are so concerned in one hand while we butcher with the other. Everything allowed is for profit and perceived power and influence and everything denied is for perceived power and influence over the masses.

Well, China is indeed an oxymoron and perhaps we are as well. Oh well, who would of thought dogs and cats would be taken off the menu?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

This is my favorite post on this thread. I see you are new to ATS, and I just wanted you to know my thoughts.

Keep it up! Good minds are always welcomed.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Like is said of reptilians / humans.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Redhercules

Yeah for you! Makes me think there is hope for mankind!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
well now where am i supposed to go to eat all those succulent dog steaks and catkabobs.
i hope they still at least will let me stuff dozens of them into stacked cages at a open air market and abuse them at least. that woudl be a terrible waste of animal fur clothing i like so much.
what is this world coming to?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
Let's see, it's alright for the Chinese elite to eat human children in a soup

What? Evidence please.

Prove to us that Chinese people eat child soup.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Saw a video on one of the cable channels a few years ago and yes they showed people beating the dogs to death with bats while the other caged dogs looked on and trembled.

Saw it ................

That video circulated here on ATS for a while also.

How you got from dogs being beaten to death with clubs - as they did in that film - for their FUR - to beating an animal to death to tenderize the meat I'll never know - and I seriously doubt you will either.

I'll also add those women who were hitting the dogs in the head to kill them before removing their hides?
You can bet what they were doing was a ways and means to feed their families.
And who buys the furs? Just stop by your local Walmart.
Take a look at the people around you sporting fur collars on their hoods. You can bet that dog aint B-I-N-G-O!

Anyway, the beating the meat to turn it tender before eating is pure insane fantasy and finger pointing propaganda.

Get as quick a kill as you can, for mercy's sake and also for the meat's sake; an animal that dies in pain and fear is not as good eating as an animal that dies quick and clean.

Moving on... Speaking of pure insane finger pointing propaganda?

reply to post by Astyanax

What? Evidence please. Prove to us that Chinese people eat child soup.

They don't.

It's another bunch of propaganda BS.

What it is is American's practicing an age old war tactic called *Blood Libel* = Accusing your enemies of eating children.

Funny enough (grimly so) it was early pagans who accused Christians of this.

Here - I found a whole article that might enlighten anyone who cares for the truth.

See Here

[edit on 30-1-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
[edit on 30-1-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Can someone tell me the different between eating a dog, a cat or a swine? I don't get it.

I eat none of them since 20 years.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Let's see, it's alright for the Chinese elite to eat human children in a soup which the elite pay thousands of dollars to maintain their youthful color and vibrancy but it's not alright for the masses to eat dogs or cats to sustain their lives.

I think this is where we are headed sometimes. We are so concerned in one hand while we butcher with the other. Everything allowed is for profit and perceived power and influence and everything denied is for perceived power and influence over the masses.

Well, China is indeed an oxymoron and perhaps we are as well. Oh well, who would of thought dogs and cats would be taken off the menu?

It is NOT the truth.

Everyday we can get so much news from different medias. but not every news is true, some of them even very very absurd!!!

Here I want to show some pics about Chinese people and Chinese pets.

girls with their pets

his pet is in sick

Chinese pet hospital

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Redhercules]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Let's see, it's alright for the Chinese elite to eat human children in a soup

What? Evidence please.

Prove to us that Chinese people eat child soup.

Too horrible!!!

Too absurd!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
In beijing China

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

I am with you.

People who think we are not cruel need to check out chicken farms or veal stalls.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
dude thats not fair, everyone knows chickens, cows, pigs, and fish cant feel anything and are obviosly jsut here for us to eat. its natural, and its only cruel if yuo dont liek use the whole thing and stuff. and besides, where else can you get protien? everyone needs protien. and dont forget b-17 and like, it tastes real good and stuff. its only really gross if you thinka obut it, so when i eat meat, i jsut dont think aobut what im doing and it goes down jsut fine. and besides, vegetarians are wierdos.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Cats and dogs don't worry me. It is the shockingly poor animal welfare in China which I have a problem with - that and trade in rare animal parts for Chinese "medicine".

Regards

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
“Beijing’s dog restaurants get their meat mainly from vagrant and stolen dogs. In the suburbs, dogs are hung and slaughtered in front of buyers.”

I understand that if you grow up with sseing this happen every day it doesn't touch you but still.....WTF is wrong with these people?!!!

But than again....if you have a pig or a cow as a pet you will find it horrorfying to see them sloughtered too......

These chinese people eat everything that has legs other than human legs.

In that part of the world the taste butts must be different because these people eat such weird and sometimes really strong faul tasting stuff and consider it a delicatesse.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Best thing I have ever heard out of China.
Now how about stopping the organ vans,and oppression of falun gong...then I may begin to change my opinion of the regime.But I doubt it.

Good start anyhow.

hahhaha, just too ironically, so the government is forbidding, in other words LESS FREEDOM to eat whatever the ordinary wants, and that is "the best thing" you ever heard out of China?

talking about hypocrisy and double-standards ;-)

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
“Beijing’s dog restaurants get their meat mainly from vagrant and stolen dogs. In the suburbs, dogs are hung and slaughtered in front of buyers.”

I understand that if you grow up with sseing this happen every day it doesn't touch you but still.....WTF is wrong with these people?!!!

But than again....if you have a pig or a cow as a pet you will find it horrorfying to see them sloughtered too......

These chinese people eat everything that has legs other than human legs.

In that part of the world the taste butts must be different because these people eat such weird and sometimes really strong faul tasting stuff and consider it a delicatesse.

put aside the stealing and kidnapping of pets, well, welcome to the difference in culture, and guess what, in China EACH single province has a somewhat different cuisine, and Guangdong is considered the weirdest eating anything with legs, Hunan extremely spicy and so on and so on

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join