It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The B2 Must have Anti Gravity Propulsion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
archives.starbulletin.com...

Course in Spring 2005

Gowadia taught a course at the university's School of Aeronautics and Astronautics in the spring, said Marc Williams, the associate head of the school. He said the course, Fundamentals of Aircraft Survivability, was for seniors and graduate students. Twelve students were in the class.

It was an adaptation of a short course Gowadia had taught at Georgia Tech, Norberg said. Purdue did not pay him to teach the course, but did reimburse him for his transportation and hotel, she said.

Norberg said the faculty at the school got to know Gowadia in 2003, when he went to Purdue to test an advanced nozzle design, used in stealth technology, in one of the university's laboratories.

Again the connection to Purdue (Spring 2005) and at Georgia Tech.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by hawk123]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Granted the B2 does have some exotic technology, but riding along the Jetstream helps, along with enrichment of the fuel aswell as air-air refuelling (Pilots can often fly from the Western seaboard to Diego Garcia without ever having to put the wheels on the ground.)

Not forgetting the immense wingspan and altitudes the B2 fly's that enable the fuel to expand/contract accordingly. This in effect can extend the operational range and I wouldn't be too surprised that along with Jetstream upper air diagrams, the pilots also get upper air temp values.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalytic

In 2003 there was a training course on Purdue university on:
- Static and Free Jet Inlet Testing by
N.S. GOWADIA and S. Meyer

engineering.purdue.edu...

But the training course in my previous posting makes more sense.
That mentioned course was in the SPRING of 2005.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Course: Fundamentals of Aircraft Survivability

archives.starbulletin.com...

See the match for SPRING 2005

[edit on 10-3-2010 by hawk123]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Any idea if this course was related to Antigravity?

This was the other course: Fundamentals of Aircraft Survivability

Since 1974, 40 civilian aircraft have been shot down by hand-held heat seeking missiles. While military aircraft have provided “Stealth” design concepts for decades, the present threat of IR sensor missiles has led to an interest in providing some survivability features on commercial aircraft as well. Add some more stuff here…

The course will emphasize techniques to reduce IR signatures, but radar and acoustic signatures will also receive some discussion. Specific topics of discussion include: definition of survivability, classification of and operation of IR sensing missiles, specific application to helicopters, bombers, fighters, and commercial platforms, design philosophy and methodologies, physics of IR emissions and signals, flares, jammers and other countermeasures, and minimum signature nozzle design techniques.

The lectures will be held mainly during intensive sessions on Wed-Friday, January 5-7 with additional lectures during March. Homework and practice problems will be given in Jan/Feb. concluding with a midterm exam in March. A team-based class project involving design of a low-observable nozzle to counter a given threat. Students will prepare for preliminary design reviews in March and final presentations and written reports of the project will be due at the end of the semester.

* Dr. Gowadia has over 38 years experience in research, development of aerospace and marine systems. He was one of the principle designers of the USAF/Northrop B-2 bomber, whose entire propulsion system was conceived and conceptually designed by him. He is an internationally recognized expert on aircraft survivability and has recently been appointed as a Visiting Professor in Purdue AAE School.

New Course for Spring 2005: AAE 590N

Fundamentals of Aircraft Survivability

Professor N. Gowadia* with Coordination by Professor Heister

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I made a related thread last year, check the news link out www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
No it does not. I know from first hand experience. It absolutely has nothing that exotic. I can assure you that you may free your mind of this issue and find something else to dig into. No, I cannot prove it to you since the aircraft is classified, but it does not, in any way, have anti-gravity other than being a BIG FRAKIN FLYING WING.

This is a dead end friend.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
After disagree with anyone but here are a couple of facts. A fully loaded 747 max weight with passengers and cargo. Outweighs the B-2 x 10 times I think. It has a range of 8000 miles. With upgraded engines.
Thank you Draco 61

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

It's interesting that in the late 1970's Northrop felt the need to "upgrade" the electrical insulation within its wind tunnel and RCS facilities. (see link below)

Northrop invested in electrically insulated windtunnels?

I'm still not ready to accept radical (antigravity) propulsion technology on the B2 but there clearly evidence to suggest that electrical charge is applied for some purpose. My theory remains that some kind of aerodynamic advantage in terms of efficiency is gained by this electrical charging.

Possible advantages of this increased efficiency include

(1) Greater range / loiter time (Im guessing this is the main driver for application on the B2)

(2) Plasma stealth?...(electrical insulation being added to Northrops RCS facilities would seem to indicate some stealthy aspect to the technology, even if is just boundary layer control to minimise air turbulence and it's associated radar return)

(3) Sonic boom softening or even aerodynamic affects to enable low mach supersonic performance (I think the NGB is a planform more suited to this ambition, I'm not suggesting the B2 is a supesonic aircraft)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

There are already enough discussions on the definition of Anti-Gravity, but plasma is used certainly.
Based on the weight of the B-2 Bomber, I cannot understand why it can disappear within a few seconds behind the horizon.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
the concept of anti air gravity is pretty fascinating.
its liek the stuff you saw in movies as a kid.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catalytic
reply to post by hawk123

It's interesting that in the late 1970's Northrop felt the need to "upgrade" the electrical insulation within its wind tunnel and RCS facilities. (see link below)

I'm still not ready to accept radical (antigravity) propulsion technology on the B2 but there clearly evidence to suggest that electrical charge is applied for some purpose. My theory remains that some kind of aerodynamic advantage in terms of efficiency is gained by this electrical charging.

Augmentation by electrostatic propulsion is certainly possible. Also I understand that the SR 70 blacbird also had this electrostatic propulsion system.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
How do you know that? What would the FBI, or anyone acting in an official capacity other than Google Analytics, care about who's reading what on ATS? I've yet to see any material dangerous to anyone, be it private individual or government agency, released on ATS.

I've known two aerospace engineers, both were pretty high level and worked on some major, very sensitive projects. Whenever I've talked to them about what they did, there were always areas that they just had to say to me - even talking one-on-one in private - "sorry, that's an area I just can't get into." If it's classified, it's classified and it's not that they didn't trust me, but as a matter of policy it's best not to just start blabbing stuff, because before long you might just blab to the wrong person and then you can go to jail for disclosing State Secrets...

One interesting thing, when I asked both of these guys if the stories of UFO tech being used by us was possibly true, both responded the exact same way, "if I tell you, I'd have to kill you." Obviously, they meant it as a joke, what I've always wondered is if this is just a common joke in the aerospace engineering community when people ask this question, or if they are trained to respond with that because as a joke it kind of tends to diffuse the whole line of inquiry from people. (Neither of these guys knew each other, so it wasn't a joke they had between them.)

There were some interesting things one of them told me, like that the Phoenix Lights were a military test of some sort. He said he couldn't say what it was, but only that it was a much more advanced version of a tech that was used in the First Gulf War. The impression I got was that it was orders of magnitude more advanced, but I don't know. My guess has always been some radar suppression something-or-other. When I suggested this, he just smiled at me enigmatically and didn't say a word.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by savvys84

I hadn't heard that the SR71 utillised anything like this, can you tell me where you came by this information?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by savvys84

appologies

I'd instinctivly (and rather arrogantly) dismissed the use of electrostatic charge generation (for any purpose)on the SR71. But having since read some interesting things about the kempster A device from Westinghouse on the A12, I've changed my mind

Now, I'm not saying that this is used as a propulsion system (or even that it worked for it's intended purpose) but clearly this was something that the wizards were thinking about a long time ago!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Performance:Maximum SpeedHigh subsonic speed, 331m/secAltitude50,000ftRange6,000nmRange With one Refuelling10,000nm

www.airforce-technology.com...

The B2 is a huge airplane.. The wings really hold a lot of fuel..
The specs on the link above show the range is with one refueling...
But there are some odd things about the B2 that are classified so who knows? just those with "need to know" hehe

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

No probs, I just thought that it might be the case, since scientifically possible.
There was one instance when 2 of Russias fastest fighter jets, were chasing the sr 71, the whoof the sr 71 engaged something ( Not afterburners ) and was lost out of sight. Russian pilots reported, we have not seen anything move that fast before.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Trial of man accused of selling B2 stealth secrets to China

If Gowadia's quotes contained in the link attached are free from hyperbole then he has said some interesting things here...

(1) He said the B-2 was the second-most secret project in United States history after the atom bomb

Hmmm, that is not my recollection of events! That an Advanced Technology Bomber was under development was a matter of public record long before the aircraft was first displayed (which in turn was 8 months before it had even took to the air). I suppose it's possible that aspects of the B-2's technology pallet are "the second-most secret project in United States history", however IIRC the ATB project itself was more grey (e.g. ATF) than super black (e.g. QUARTZ) maybe things were different back in 1981?

(2) Holding up a model of the aircraft in front of the jury, he said he was asked to design the B-2s propulsion, from the leading edge of the aircraft to the trailing edge. "This entire geometry came from me," he said.

This statement is at best disingenious, He did not design the B-2's General Electric F118 engines! Maybe this is just somantics but to me a propulsion system is primarily the engines, however Gowadia seems to interchange propulsion system with geometry and leading / trailing edges.

Once the leading edges of the b-2 are mentioned, thoughts inevitably lead to the March 1992 issue of Aviation Week & Space Technology, entitled "Black world engineers, scientists,encourage using highly classified technology for civil applications". This article explains how the B-2's unusually profiled leading edge is charged to "many millions of volts", while the corresponding negative charge is blown out in the jets from the four engines....

anyway

Just finished reading "Skunk Works" by Ben R Rich and Leo Janos AGAIN! Something in chapter 16 "Drawing the right conclusions" has never sat comfortably with me and I've only just put my finger on it.

Ben Rich writes

New advanced-technology airplanes are budget breakers. The B-2 bomber, at more than $2 billion a copy proves that point. but we need stealthy long-range bombers like B-2's, which can fly anywhere in the world in twelve hours and drop a payload of forty conventional bombs.

"forty conventional bombs" well that easily fits the B-2's performance charcteristics.

"Fly anywhere in the world in twelve hours".... To go anywhere in the world means to be able to fly halfway around the world.To fly half way around the world is greater than 12,000 miles.....

12,000 miles in 12 hours?... (not hard to turn this into a miles per hour figure)

That electrostatic drag reduction / sonic boom softening must really work well!!! I wonder why Northrop didn't try to fit this technology to the YF23.... unless?..... That diamond wing planform has always intrigued me.

Subsequently, Gowadia was found Guilty

Gowadia verdict

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Catalytic]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by nsaeyes

Ha! People on ATS will believe any old pap thrown their way, it seems. Basic physics will tell you that a plane, with a shedload of fuel, can fly for thousands of miles.

I suggest everyone finds that book, and flushes it.

We don't need some joker called Paul LaViolette to start spewing on about Tesla, alien UFOs, and other nonsense. This is the science and technology board, not the make a bunch of stuff up and sit around going "oooh!" board.

You're a closed minded fool. Completely discluding and insulting to a new idea or thing because you think you know what you're talking about.

I'm a physics/quantum physics major, if you want to debate about these topics I'd be happy to prove you wrong about anti-gravity, tesla, and aerospace technology. And I wouldn't even have to use my own research. It's all over the internet and very real.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by savvys84
Also I understand that the SR 70 blacbird also had this electrostatic propulsion system.

It is not mentioned anywhere in the SR-71 flight manual....
www.sr-71.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theyarelying
You're a closed minded fool. Completely discluding and insulting to a new idea or thing because you think you know what you're talking about.

He knows what he's talking about. And he doesn't go around insulting people--unlike you.

I'm a physics/quantum physics major

You know what? I don't believe a word of it.

If you want to debate about these topics I'd be happy to prove you wrong about anti-gravity, tesla, and aerospace technology. And I wouldn't even have to use my own research. It's all over the internet and very real.

So the 'quantum physics major' thinks the internet is a valid scientific source, does he?

I'm sure davesidious will be along in a while, but in the meantime, if you want to debate these topics with me and prove me wrong about them, go for it.

'Tesla' indeed. And he expects us to believe he's a 'quantum physics major'.

Don't you go calling my ATS friends fools, you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join