It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cylindrical UFOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
Cylinders don't make sense at all. I can't think of a single advantage to making a craft in the shape of a cylinder. Even if you want to argue that it doesn't need to be aerodynamic due to it's gravity cancelling technology it still doesn't make sense because then the shape that optimizes internal volume the greatest would be a cube. Are there currently any good theories regarding cylindrical UFOs? I think it's an interesting subject worthy of further investigation and thought.

Actually, if your contents happen to be smaller disc-shaped vehicles, then a cylindrical "mothership" makes perfect sense — the saucers would stack internally, the way potato chips stack inside a can of Pringles chips. Absolutely no space wasted, it's a perfect container for saucers.

As a matter of fact, there is evidence that this is how cylindrical craft actually work...

Nuremberg UFO "Sky Battle" of 1561

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec6281d6240a.jpg[/atsimg]

The celebrated Nuremberg UFO "Sky Battle" of 1561 (which was repeated over Switzerland) produced many witness descriptions of "discs and globes" exiting and re-entering these huge, cylindrical motherships that hung there in the sky. These discs and globes were possibly just discs seen from different angles, I think.

Very interestingly, these battling UFOs apparently inflicted mortal damage to one another, causing some of the craft to plunge to the earth and erupt in flame — look in the lower right of the woodcut image to see one or more such discs crashed and burning in the background.

To me, this incident and its sister incident over Switzerland are the most extraordinary UFO sightings ever recorded.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/26/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

Our primitive lifter technology, I think, is very close to the perfect explanation of the dynamic characteristics of UFOs. It's going to be something remarkably simple that gives UFOs the ability to defy gravity and inertia and atmospheric drag.

Of course, my favorite theory of UFO dynamism is that they are simply "projections" of craft, not truly physical craft. This would perfectly explain their incredible apparent speed and maneuverability — they have no more substance than a spotlight swept across a cloudy sky, or a shadow cast upon the ground, right?

The manner of projection is wide open to speculation. Perhaps they're interdimensional projections of some kind. Who knows?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Of course, my favorite theory of UFO dynamism is that they are simply "projections" of craft, not truly physical craft. This would perfectly explain their incredible apparent speed and maneuverability — they have no more substance than a spotlight swept across a cloudy sky, or a shadow cast upon the ground, right?

The manner of projection is wide open to speculation. Perhaps they're interdimensional projections of some kind. Who knows?

— Doc Velocity

I have thought of something similar. The idea of UFOs as being a literal probe from a higher dimensional universe with 4 spatial dimensions, into our 3 diminsional universe. A sphere which appears in the sky could be akin to someone sticking a rod into the surface of a pond (3D into 2D universe. From the point of view of the ponds surface, the rod is a solid circle which "magically" appears from nowhere.

I find it easy to visualize a sphere as a 3D surface of a higher dimensional body.

Anyways, I agree that this could account for the maneuverability of UFOs as well as their sudden appearance and disappearance. Same could be the case for the aliens and their purported ability to materialize unseen in someones bedroom. Could they just be a projection into our consciousness?

Anyways, I have seen a cylinder UFO in clear blue sky. It seemed to be appearing and disappearing from view. One minute it was there, then gone, then there again. Cylinders and spheres have been seen for a long time, along with disks.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Here's an illustration of a UFO that I and many others witnessed back in 1987 on the far east side of Houston, near the heavily industrialized Houston Ship Channel...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9674656f823c.jpg[/atsimg]

What you're seeing is a triangle shaped cluster of gray globes, open in the middle.

My girlfriend and I were exiting a large grocery store at around 4:00 pm (probably in the late summer or early fall, I don't recall exactly). Sky was perfectly clear, unlike my hastily-assembled illustration.

I saw this craft rise up from behind a treeline about 200 yards away. Based on the apparent size of the globes — about 10 feet diameter each — I figured the craft measured about 40 feet on a side. It rose up, rotating very slowly, and drifting to the southeast.

I was stunned. Immediately, I started yelling to anyone I could see, gesturing wildly to draw their attention to the object. Within seconds, there were a dozen witnesses in the store parking lot, all watching this thing gradually ascend, rotating slowly. We all watched it for a good 10 minutes, until it achieved such an altitude that it went completely out of sight.

Naturally, everyone was expressing his own explanation for the UFO, and the prevailing theory was that it was an assemblage of 9 very large balloons filled with helium.

The easiest way to prove that was to quickly drive to the apparent liftoff site, about 200 yards away beyond the treeline. When my girlfriend and I reached that location, we were rather astounded to find that it was a dense forest with no clearings.

Whatever this thing was, with dimensions of 40 feet on a side, it had just risen up from a dense and swampy forest — obviously, it was not an assemblage of giant balloons, which would have required at least a half-acre clearing for its launch site.

Later that evening, I watched the news for any reports of UFO activity on Houston's east side. Nothing was reported, which amazed me once more. I feel rather ashamed of myself for not reporting the thing — but, then, nobody else reported it either.

Such is the fear of the stigma of being a UFO witness.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
If you ask someone who's seen a UFO before to describe the craft, for the most part you receive one of three generalities: saucer, triangle or cylindrical.

Cylinders don't make sense at all. I can't think of a single advantage to making a craft in the shape of a cylinder. Even if you want to argue that it doesn't need to be aerodynamic due to it's gravity cancelling technology it still doesn't make sense because then the shape that optimizes internal volume the greatest would be a cube.

Are there currently any good theories regarding cylindrical UFOs? I think it's an interesting subject worthy of further investigation and thought.

Hi ZombieOctopus, I have no theory for why some of them are especially cylindrical, UFO’s are seen in many shapes.
Perhaps it could have something to do with a better function of their energy fields around it, most UFO’s are disk shaped, but I have further no idea.

Here are some interesting examples.

Prodigiorum Ac Ostentorum Chronicon,
Text by Conrad Lycosthenes. Basel: Henricpteri, 1557.
First Edition.

The most exhaustive early work illustrating medieval superstition. With its three or more woodcuts to every page it is one of the best illustrated books of the Renaissance. This woodcut book contains no less than 1545 woodcuts including several repeats, the majority showing human monsters of all types, many of which later appeared in Ambroise Pare's works. Others are of beasts and animals, sea-monsters. Page 494 is a woodcut showing a spaceship seen over Arabia in 1479. Perhaps the first work including UFO's.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ef879644d60.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d0b8ed94c6f.jpg[/atsimg]

Here are two short videos of what looks like a cylinder UFO's.

UFO over Krasnodar, Russia - 1990

Here is another one.

UFO Salida Colorado Tim Edwards

top topics

<< 1   >>

join