It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cylindrical UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If you ask someone who's seen a UFO before to describe the craft, for the most part you receive one of three generalities: saucer, triangle or cylindrical.

Triangular makes the most sense to us puny humans since we have terrestrial craft of similar airframe to compare to - we know this will fly in atmosphere, even without exotic technology.

Saucer makes sense if you accept the current extrapolations of technologies involving electrogravitics, most of which seem to involve a superconducting disk spinning in a strong magnetic field.

Cylinders don't make sense at all. I can't think of a single advantage to making a craft in the shape of a cylinder. Even if you want to argue that it doesn't need to be aerodynamic due to it's gravity cancelling technology it still doesn't make sense because then the shape that optimizes internal volume the greatest would be a cube.

Are there currently any good theories regarding cylindrical UFOs? I think it's an interesting subject worthy of further investigation and thought.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Here is my theory which happens to be so far removed from any physics we currently understand that it almost isn't worth mentioning. I believe that these Ufo's travel by pulling where they are going to them. So instead of riding from point a to b. They pull b to a. As I said this is just how I have always imagined it. It also works well because you wouldn't have to worry about gravity/thrust destroying your body. The only way this could happen is if the universe and all things in it happen to be on lines like longitude and latitude and they can somehow control these lines. Thought about this awhile and its the best I have been able to come up with.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Just for the record, the second cylinder is a solar balloon, similar to this one:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Here is my theory which happens to be so far removed from any physics we currently understand that it almost isn't worth mentioning. I believe that these Ufo's travel by pulling where they are going to them. So instead of riding from point a to b. They pull b to a. As I said this is just how I have always imagined it. It also works well because you wouldn't have to worry about gravity/thrust destroying your body. The only way this could happen is if the universe and all things in it happen to be on lines like longitude and latitude and they can somehow control these lines. Thought about this awhile and its the best I have been able to come up with.

What you just explained basically is the manipulation of gravity.
If you can manipulate gravity, and 'fall' to where ever you want to go, then what does the shape of your craft matter?

Wouldn't making a cylinder be 'cheaper'? Vs something with more sides, or shapes.

If they have grav tech, I'm sure they can figure out how to make a working dampening field so nothing bad happens to them.

I'm sure they tested that tech on some of their puppies and monkeys before hopping in and going for a cruise.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
If it helps, the #3, takes a the Cake, if your looking for opinions??

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

G'day ZombieOctopus

One of the concepts expressed regarding cylindrical UFO's is that you can "stack" smaller disc-shaped UFO's in them.

.....sort of like a packet of Pringles......

Regarding the images you've posted:

Image 1 is a multiple / time exposure of the moon, as shown on here a few times previously.

Image 2 is a solar-type balloon as per Chadwickus' post

Image 3 is from that interesting case that is the subject of a current thread.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Many thanks for sharing:

according to Project Grudge (and in my humble opinion too), the first one is a long exposure shot of the moon taken in New York March 20, 1950:

this is it in its full context:

Also the photographer didn't notice anything odd while setting the apparatus, plus was "unable" to reveal the exposure of the shot

www.life-cycles-destiny.com...

The second one looks like a solar balloon,

and the third one is a real ufo which had been dismissed too quickly as some solar balloon in my opinion, for the reasons explained in this thread:
The “Cecconi Case”: an Italian UFO Cover-up!

And recently, there has been the Argentina's case, in which the UFO was described as cigar shaped.
Cylindrical shaped alien craft would make sense in my opinion:
firstly, because any alien race would be free to shape their crafts to their liking, besides, what might not make sense to our eyes and according to our limited knowledge, could have some reasons to be shaped in some way to some alien eyes.

Thanks again,

[edit on 26/1/2010 by internos]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I starred this thread because although the OP did not necessarily bring any concrete evidence or any cases, he asked a rather interesting question.

We must have some aeronautic engineers lurking around somewhere.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Rockets are a cylinder shape;
The International Space Station is made up of multiple cylinders;

My guess is that the cylinder UFO has the same engine placement as Rockets do

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Here's an answer

Ever heard of a lifter? cool stuff. I've made a few and it's a good way to get your friends to say "FRIGGIN COOL DUDE" I had a laser and could cut balsa wood into any shape I wanted so had some cool designs.. alas, I sold my laser.

Lifters page

Tubular lifter - scroll down a bit and watch the video. 3 cylinders of aluminum levitate by shooting a buncha voltage through Granted it would take a truckload of energy to make a cylinder ufo fly, but I would imagine if you were advanced enough to make a cylinder fly, the energy issue would have been easily solved as well.

b

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Bspiracy]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The rings are arcs of light moving from one end to the back.
You see this in videos of cylinder craft.

The saucer and triangle have a central suspension engine.
A separate engine propels the craft horizontal.
This was indicated by someone suspected as being the inventor.

The cylinder appears to have suspension engines, electrical direct
to pressure in the ether via a large cone coil, both front and back.
Bill Lyne found a remote compass that might have that purpose
of showing the aft crew the new heading commanded in the front.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Yeah when I saw that one, the first thought that came to mind was a long exposure shot of the moon

I didn't do a whole lot of digging into the veracity of these particular photo's because whether or not they are legit their purpose in the thread was to illustrate what I'm talking about that's all. There doesn't seem to be many photo's of cylindrical UFOs on the net, although they are frequently reported.

The idea that they're carriers for saucer shaped UFO's is a decent one, sort of like the supposed Nazi design most of you have seen:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It is all about balance. In this case we are dealing with positive buoyancy in air instead of water. The flotation method used to attain lift is most likely ion propulsion which involves discharging high voltage electricity to the outer dielectric shell. Surface area is very important since ions are used to push the air around it to generate lift. More surface area = more lift with less current per square inch.

Crafts with less surface area such as saucers should require more current for lift (per sq in.) so they often end up charging the surrounding atmosphere resulting in a bright glow. This is the reason you will never see someone standing on one in mid air flight. They are highly charged vessels! At night they should glow accordingly and expel heat while in the Earth's atmosphere.

You asked, why cylindrical? The most stable and strongest shapes we have are circular and triangular. We can build big bridges and tunnels that last hundreds of years with these two shapes because each side is equal reinforcing each other.

A cylinder includes a circular bottom and top. You will find it can float on water quite easily... like a boat.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
[edit on 1/26/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Is there any information about #3? When and where it was taken?

To me it looks like the external tank off the shuttle.
This is one from Discovery:
www.astronautix.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The cylinders are the perfect shape for being shot out of a really, really, really long gun barrel...........

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

My family has seen many crafts, its been an amazing wake up call, and I believe they really want people aware to the way this world is, and the state its in. So I think of it as the universe giving us many quick kicks in the behind.
Yes we've seen the black triangles, but these seem to be tr3bs. I have been told that the ones altair uses have slightly rounded corners, and fly in a rotational manner, and just veer off or can pretty much zigzag aross the sky.
The ones we saw, were perfect triangles, low down and soundless, but made a kind of vibrational resonance, hard to explain, pretty much soundless.

The crafts we've seen were most often saucers. Three things happen when they appeared/unmasked and flew over our roofline, or several rooflines down. This was due to us being on the edge of town literally, with country out the back yard and the city starting at our townhouses. And our roofline begins the city glow. So, they suddenly gain altitude, and fly high over the town, or disappear/mask just before we could see under the lights. Some of them flew straight forward, and we determined the saucer shape under the lights.

We also had an incredible siting of a craft that greeted me first initially and loudly in my head, and I thought someone was coming round our bush, then appeared flying very low, possibly 50 feet, above the townhouse roof just beside us, and had a huge yellow light covering it with height. We saw that it was nose in the air, tail down, wingless plane or a cigar shaped cylander craft. A very knowledgeable friend told me this was aldberan. The postcard contact I recieved lasted about 20 minutes after the craft and he was a tall, blond haired male, with a lock of bang falling under a helmet.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I can't find right now a cylinder that is flying that has multiple
arcs and stripes but two arcs at some cruising speed sort
of shows whats gong on:

[edit on 1/26/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

ED: At 0:22 upper right you can see the arcs in dark shadow
because the lighting arcs are too bright to see.
Sort of looks like a caterpillar.

[edit on 1/26/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Just for the record, the second cylinder is a solar balloon, similar to this one:

as usual, chad is on top of this s*&t

<<   2 >>

join