It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If creation is true, why are there different races?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The title of this thread is my question to all those that believe in the Bible's version of creation.

If Adam and Eve were created in the fashion described in the Bible, what race were they and how did all the other races come into existence?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
'Cause there isn't such thing as Adam n Eve and God

Or at least I think

But if the stories in the BIBLE WERE TRUE like Noah's arc, wouldn't we be ALL DESCENDANTS OF NOAH

I thought so

No we're ALL different

And if we were descendants from Noah, why do we have Asians and African Americans???

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There are no races !!
We are all human with a few diferences !

As long as the claim is we are all different races.
We wil never learn to coexist !!

peace !!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Pigment Perhaps?
And possibly location of earth which gets more or less sunlight.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Great question!

I'm hoping to get some insight on this myself.

There is very interesting information to explore concerning the mapping of the human genome and the international DNA samples study. People are often more related, here in the US, to someone who looks markedly different than to someone with similiar skin tone, hair/eye coloring, etc. This seems to even cross racial lines, with one example in an elementary school classroom which showed two Asian children with closer genetic matches to Caucasian and black children than one another!

Completely fascinating. I surmise that the racial differences are superficial and exaggerated by cultural and ethnic differences.

I believe race is an illusion, skin-deep. Anyone from any race can donate blood and organs to others based on tissue-matching almost entirely, and with very little consideration for race except in a few select situations, like sickle-cell anemia and so forth.

Kids from any race can be adopted by any other, even across cultural lines and continents without any detrimental effect genetically, all things being equal such as the fitness of parents and an otherwise healthy environment.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by noobsauce13

You have African Americans due to the slave trade. Now assuming Noah was a real human being and the story attributed to him is true, Afrikans would be linked to his son Ham. Ham had four sons, Cush (Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan) Mizraim (Egyptians/Kemites) Phut (Libya and other parts of North Africa) Canaan (parts of east Africa).

Europeans and Asians tend to be linked to Japeth (one of Noahs sons) and the "semites" (I'm not talking language here) are linked to Shem.

Japheth: en.wikipedia.org...

Ham: en.wikipedia.org...(son_of_Noah)#The_existence_of_Ham

Shem: en.wikipedia.org...

Note these links are from WIKIPEDIA, so you must do your own research.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have said this one time too many...

PLEASE stop coupling religion and creation. religions creation is just a perspective, not the whole concept.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I see where you're coming from mate but there is one problem with your question.

Namely that it infers the different races seen in humans indicate that we've evolved.

But the different shades, body types, physical statures and so on are not examples of different species, so to get our various races we haven't evolved. We know we are the same species because we can all mate with one another and produce offspring.

Does that makes sense?

Different races implies we've adapted physically to our environment but not changed species.

So technically we could have been created then adapted.

Now IF we had split into two distinctly separate species, then the whole creation/evolution debate would be very interesting.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
because maybe creation and evolution both exist?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If? Can that even be questioned? What functional alternative is there to Creation?

First of all there isn't any "Race", and from the biblical epic is the explanation,
the sons of Adam, and also Noah, and then the 'Almighty' to Abraham and 'Most-high GOD'... then there's the Nations known to the Israelites with Solomon, in all these is a view to the entirety of Humanity.

If there is a "Race" view in Bible it is at the end in the Revelation with Chapter 6, the so called "Four horsemen"... a white, a red, a black, and a pale.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

The way that I've always understood it is that, Adam and Eve, since they're the start of humanity, would've had in their genetic makeup every possible feature. In other words, they would've had the genes (maybe not the best word) for blonde hair, olive skin, freckles, huge feet, etc.

As humanity started to have more and more kids, different features would have started to surface over time and, eventually, groups of people that were similar looking, or had similar features, would've started to congregate together and have kids, thus raising the chance of a feature occurring repeatedly in the offspring, eventually phasing out (or making highly, highly unlikely) for a particular trait to occur.

I hope that makes sense!

ETA: In the end, it doesn't matter how the different races and appearances came about, we all bleed red.

[edit on 1/24/2010 by octotom]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

If there is a "Race" view in Bible it is at the end in the Revelation with Chapter 6, the so called "Four horsemen"... a white, a red, a black, and a pale.

That doesn't work to well as, in Revelation 6, the colors are said to symbolize something, not different races.

If they are races though, I'd like to meet the pale green guy!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The Tower of Babylon is your answer. People were divided at that time.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

There's multiple theories to race and creation. After Cain killed his younger brother Able. He then built a city and married. Which contradicts other people on earth during Adam and Eve was alive.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritHipHop
because maybe creation and evolution both exist?

I would like to share this link with anyone that's interested in that early African Mythology talks that creation and evolution can co exists.www.godchecker.com... UMBA&ds=N

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Which contradicts other people on earth during Adam and Eve was alive.

How so? Cain didn't found the city right away, once he went east of Eden. He eventually settled there. A city wouldn't have been a necessity, so long as he could eat and such.

Eventually, he did found a city and named it after his son, Enoch. Considering that he didn't found it right away (his family could've been the only inhabitants) and that the idea of "city" was different than in our western minds, other people living on Earth isn't a necessity, nor is this a contradiction.

[Another idea, if one would want to say that Cain found his city immediately, is that he took other siblings with him that Adam and Eve would've had. Of course, that's just speculation though.]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

You're right that he might of took his siblings. but Cain did fear being a wanted man. So that's why God Gave Cain his Infamous mark. www.usbible.com... This web page will show you what I'm trying to say.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It’s called the tower of Babel....that’s where I believe all differences came from. They (the same people) were scattered across the face of the earth, while their languages was changed.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
There are no races !!
We are all human with a few diferences !

As long as the claim is we are all different races.
We wil never learn to coexist !!

peace !!

so lets all be blinded and pretend we all carbon copys instead of enjoying the facts that we are different with different strenths and weaknes

i`d hate to see a world were we were all the same. how boring

peace (what ever race you may be)

as for the op religion has it covered with the babel tower

[edit on 24/1/10 by Aceofclubs]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
There was no adam and eve. There were africans that immigrated to the northern hemisphere, and due to the lack of sunlight became lighter. Later down the time line, a variety of the races we see today came into fruition.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join