It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

america's dangerous backwood country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hi, after i've seen cuh films like deliverance and the texas chainsaw massacre aswell as wrong turn ect, and whilst they are movies, are there really these inbred very hostile close-nit communities?. after seeing these films it really can see quite disturbing for the average folk to go off the beating track whether they mean to or not. i just wanted to know if anybody on here knows what areas in america has these type of people i.e. what states and countys ect?. also has anybody on hear got any personal scary experiences or knows of any scary occurences ect regarding these type of folk?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by apollospeed

Can't say they don't exist.....I think inbreeding has happened everywhere, and as far as being hostile, thats just the movies!

I have been all over the USA in my 37 years and never seen anything close to the hollywood scene in real life.

I have seen some genetic traits that are distinctive and is easy to see who is related to who, but not sure its inbreeding.

I go farther off the beatin path than most, yes just like "Deliverence" and yes many of the locals may dress the way they do in the movies, but thats as far as it goes, they are just like everyone else.
Many are college edjucated and preferr the simpler way of life, I do.

ETA not sure why this is in the board questions forum?

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by apollospeed
Hi, after i've seen cuh films like deliverance and the texas chainsaw massacre aswell as wrong turn ect, and whilst they are movies, are there really these inbred very hostile close-nit communities?. after seeing these films it really can see quite disturbing for the average folk to go off the beating track whether they mean to or not. i just wanted to know if anybody on here knows what areas in america has these type of people i.e. what states and countys ect?. also has anybody on hear got any personal scary experiences or knows of any scary occurences ect regarding these type of folk?

I am sure if you drive around anywhere in the world, you will find poorly educated low/no income areas with people that mistrust strangers. Of course you quote horror movies and horror movies arent really real...not to say that some of these knuckledraggers arent dangerous...but your in far more danger wandering down the wrong road at night in a big city than in some backwoods swamp town.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is the board and business forum not the movie forum. What is the conspiracy? I think this should be moved to BTS. You might want to read the Terms and Conditions of the site.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
This is the board and business forum not the movie forum. What is the conspiracy? I think this should be moved to BTS. You might want to read the Terms and Conditions of the site.

Although the topic is vaguely interesting I agree why is it in the ATS business forum?

Where are the Mod Gods?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
in general these ppl in the so called backwoods are much more friendly and giving than the average american. not to say that theres not any where that a group or family of crazy folk live. but ppl like that are not limited to backwoods. crazy ppl are everywhere. the biggest problems in the backwoods is racism. theres not typicaly anything more than white folk out there. so maybe if an illegal mexican happens to wonder into the backwoods speaking nothing but spanigh he may be in for trouble. but if your someone that is polite and respectful towards others than u will usualy find that these ppl are willing to take u in and feed you when your down on your luck. even let you stay a night or 2 if theres room. hell even if theres not its not uncomon.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I bet them thar bacwood fokes wood be pertty dome.

I am a backwoods folk. It just goes to show the elitist intellectual attitudes people in the Hollywood attempt to portray. And it seems some people in the public cannot seem to seperate FACT from FICTION.

I wonder how dumb the inbred New York folk are becoming in Hell's kitchen. Have you seen the movie Idiocracy? I think that must be where it was located.

Har Har Har (imagine toothless grin)

Jeez

Tell you what, would you rather be out in some backwoods area late at night and be approached by a stranger or be in a back area in say Detroit?

Deny arrogance.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by apollospeed

Are you trying to imply something about the site owners by placing a topic about backwoods Americans in the board business section? lol

Anyway, the BBC car-show Top Gear did a special where they had to drive old cars from Florida to New Orleans, with painted on slogans like "Nascar sucks", "Hillary for president" and "I'm bi".

The locals in Alabama turned out to be so hostile that the hosts and film crew had to actually run for their lives.

Given half a chance, I would avoid the south end of the US.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You would actually find these places in the North East Maine,Vermont,New Hampshire in some of the small towns there.

The south just plays better on the big screen.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I doubt you will find many "hostile communities full of crazy people" in the backwoods. If you are looking for that, look in the ghettos.

top topics

join