It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tank Farm Road

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by A-E-I-Owned-You

Hey seems strange how did those guys with the dog seem you reckon they were hiding something

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
I don't want to come off as a nit picker - but I do have a nit to pick so I shall pick my nit with you - no offense intended - I just need to have this little issue answered for my well being.

Early in your post you said:

Originally posted by A-E-I-Owned-You
This was back before google earth and all of that new-age nonsense to help us out

Then a bit later you stated:

but I had a scanner on me with proximity signal retrieve as most do now and it was silent and had been for an hour or so.

So, I would like to know - was it "back before" or is it "now"?

Thanks,

Dorian Soran

The Good Doctor

When I wrote that I knew I would take flak for it but I left it up. The wording is piss poor, shoot me!

It was back before I think I had even heard of the sat map thing and my cheap scanner from walmart came with that function. I figure if a scanner from walmart has that function, all the better ones had it for alot longer. An assumption, yes. But based on experience with technology.

Originally posted by trigga

Hey seems strange how did those guys with the dog seem you reckon they were hiding something

Yes. I do. I was literally just out of eyesight of the facility and its fences and they just pretended the road wasnt even tank farm road. "We dont know anything and there isnt anything around here for you" type of attitude. I stood only a few feet from the road while I talked to them in their driveway in front of the garage they were sitting in, and several hundred yards down the road I saw a wooden sign that said tank farm so I definitely think there was something strange about the guys. I mean maybe they were just not into some strange punk rock kid hassling them about something that was common knowledge to them or something. They were just weird and I to this day think they deliberately sent that dog after me. When it bit me and I yelled that it did, none of them even moved. In fact, they continued drinking their beers which all three of us just took as a sign to get lost. I was nice as hell to them to. Even said hello to the missus as she went into their house as I walked up.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by A-E-I-Owned-You]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

When I wrote that I knew I would take flak for it but I left it up. The wording is piss poor, shoot me!

Easy there sparky - I asked a simple question - and you answered it nicely, until you added that "shoot me" comment.

I like what you have done since joining - however please remember you need to have a bit of a "thick skin" because people are going to question EVERYTHING here - and they should.

Thanks for answering my question, hostility not withstanding.

Dorian Soran

The Good Doctor

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

Easy there sparky - I asked a simple question - and you answered it nicely, until you added that "shoot me" comment.

I like what you have done since joining - however please remember you need to have a bit of a "thick skin" because people are going to question EVERYTHING here - and they should.

Thanks for answering my question, hostility not withstanding.

Dorian Soran

The Good Doctor

I meant that in a cheery kinda way. I only really use exclamation points when I am not angry or pissed. So basically, I rarely ever use them honestly. But either way, I did not mean it as a negative comment in the least.

Text chat, killing the real emotion behind your words since the dawn of the internet.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

would you ever go back up there again

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

would you ever go back up there again

Yeah absolutely. I would make a few changes though. I would search the ENTIRE area. in the fence and out. I would take some better/longer rope and other items to gauge the depth of the pipes and ventilation shafts and penetrate if need be myself. If I recall correctly there were a good number of items to tie off on in the pipe field.

I would avoid talking to locals.

I would go back with more people to properly police the area for evidence of military presence AND gas company presence. The site lacked proof of either in concrete form, but it really looked to me like what other underground sites look like online. While I realize that is not a good way to base things, I still see more proof that there is something underground than I do that there were EVER any gas tanks there.

I just cannot shake off the fact that more than one unconnected person mentioned the tanks inside and outside the blast door specifically. I live in Vermont now or I would love to take a trip back down there. I have a feeling it will be one of the first things I do if I ever go back.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

dude ive got alot of curiosity was there any sign of any military activity

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

dude ive got alot of curiosity was there any sign of any military activity

Other than a mostly gutted building that clearly resembled a garage complete with concrete pad I assume was to fix vehicles on, not really. If I remember correctly, the smaller building that I circled that is all by itself was OD green as was the garage. I am not sure if that is 100% accurate, but I am almost certain that at least the power building was green. Maybe someone else can go take a look and confirm that or deny it or even find the base. But be warned if you find the base, I will make you a foe on here and ignore you so fast! haha That is MY treasure!

I am kidding of course!

[edit on 24-1-2010 by A-E-I-Owned-You]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
ill try and find it on gogle earth.Would you be able to give me some details please

[edit on 24-1-2010 by trigga]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I have it linked from Bing in the last of my first posts. Google maps did not play nice with linking it on here or I would provide you a link to that as well. The pictures I provided on the first page are all from google except one. The ones from google appear to have green over the concrete circles whereas Bing does not show that. I assume it was water from a storm. There were large puddles on them when I went too.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Living in Houston, We have these things everywhere. I have been in many. Like another poster said it might have been a WWII fuel depot and perhaps they stored German Military tanks there for testing where they had "lots" of fuel. I have linked a website that shows an aerial shot of one with no above ground pipelines.

Tank Farm

edit to add - some do have reinforced buildings due to the danger of explosion.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Very cool story, and nice effort on all the info put together.

I would be willing to believe there is a chance there are still some equipment underground, it could have been removed, if removing it was worth it to the military.. old sherman tanks might have got left inside. You mentioned some blast door, so maybe there is a storage or room underground a bit, that the blast door accesses? I bet you could get a parcel map from the county courthouse for that area and see who owns that land right now. would be some interesting if not just historical info to learn, still, sounds cool to me

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Just wanted to add, if you see the square mounds of dirt around each circle, those are levee's to catch overflow or escape of oil.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

w pipes and stuff and assumed it was nothing that was what we wanted. Anyways, these guys flat out lie to me.

Maybe they weren't lying. I recall seeing an interview with people living in the town around Bohemian Grove and most of them seemed oblivious to anything going on in current events and claimed no knowledge Bohemian Grove. You could tell from the expressions on their face that they were truly clueless.

Did it appear that these family homes could have been built prior to WWII? Maybe they did not know anything about the tanks being there and did not understand what a "tank farm" was. Maybe they just assumed it was govt property wasteland.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Living in Houston, We have these things everywhere. I have been in many. Like another poster said it might have been a WWII fuel depot and perhaps they stored German Military tanks there for testing where they had "lots" of fuel. I have linked a website that shows an aerial shot of one with no above ground pipelines.

Tank Farm

edit to add - some do have reinforced buildings due to the danger of explosion.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by timewalker]

The building remains here did not lead me to believe they were reinforced in any way but that isnt proof or anything. If I remember right, just concrete slabs with the garage type building being relatively shotty in construction.

I do not deny that the are may be a gas tank farm, but there is still to much to overlook in regards to a base, at least in my opinion.

Originally posted by antideceit
Very cool story, and nice effort on all the info put together.

I would be willing to believe there is a chance there are still some equipment underground, it could have been removed, if removing it was worth it to the military.. old sherman tanks might have got left inside. You mentioned some blast door, so maybe there is a storage or room underground a bit, that the blast door accesses? I bet you could get a parcel map from the county courthouse for that area and see who owns that land right now. would be some interesting if not just historical info to learn, still, sounds cool to me

Thanks, it ate up most a days time waiting for my girl to get home from work. I am glad a few people actually read that giant wall of text. I just wanted to be thorough.

I forget the name of the company, but it is one common to the area now. A gas company that is. They had signs all over the fence, signs new, fenced very obviously old. WWII era? I am not sure but old nonetheless.

Yes the blast door is said to have been the access point underground. However, I was told by both people I talked to that the door was well sealed with tanks on the "parking area/road" outside the door as well as inside. The only way in was through a hole somewhere on the surface near the pipe field I mentioned. I never found the hole, but I was also hurried by the threat of police action. There was ALOT to see here. This place is HUGE. I didnt even look at all of the concrete circles. All but 2 or so maybe. I had to cross a few from where I entered to where the pipe field and buildings are.

Originally posted by timewalker
Just wanted to add, if you see the square mounds of dirt around each circle, those are levee's to catch overflow or escape of oil.

I do not doubt it. Still weird with no evidence of tanks other than the circles though. Very weird. Also, these mounds were pretty high. Higher than I would imagined they would need to be for the tanks that would fit on the circles. Id say the mounds were maybe 20-40 feet high.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

w pipes and stuff and assumed it was nothing that was what we wanted. Anyways, these guys flat out lie to me.

Maybe they weren't lying. I recall seeing an interview with people living in the town around Bohemian Grove and most of them seemed oblivious to anything going on in current events and claimed no knowledge Bohemian Grove. You could tell from the expressions on their face that they were truly clueless.

Did it appear that these family homes could have been built prior to WWII? Maybe they did not know anything about the tanks being there and did not understand what a "tank farm" was. Maybe they just assumed it was govt property wasteland.

They all seemed to be lying. I am a pretty decent judge of that. I do not recall asking any local about it that did not seem to be lying. From the gas station to the motorcycle guy, they all seemed to be hiding something. It wasnt a "I dont know anything legitimately" kinds of attitude. It was more like "Get the hell out of here, there is nothing for you here" secrecy kind of attitude. To be honest, I cannot recall a time in my life where I met the same response from anyone let alone several very random people all over an area.

You know what, I think you might have something there. Most of the houses in the immediate area did seem to be either trailers or relatively new smaller homes. Now, when you get further down the road towards civilization that changes drastically to older buildings all over. But at the top of the giant hill where the place is it is all newer homes or trailers.

I dont know, Like I said, I got a very strange vibe from everyone I asked. The gas station was a good few miles away in the opposite direction at a main intersection (yeah like I said, we were mad lost) and I just cannot see the half dozen people there and the locals all getting together to form a plan. I am not saying they all knew something and were lying or anything, I just did not dig the vibe I got from them when I asked. it seemed like out and out lying to me, but I have been wrong plenty of times before.

I also find it very strange that if all the buildings are gone or gutted and there are no tanks or anything, why they would have brand new signs on the fence that was obviously as old as the buildings. Also, why the pipes going straight into the ground? I dropped rocks and stuff into them and glowsticks but there was no noise and the glowstick disappeared pretty fast. There was absolutely no way for me to gauge the depth of the pipes at all. Also, why are they not capped? If it was some gas storage tank it would be capped and i would assume there would be SOMETHING new around somewhere. if it was an old gas storage tank that was empty, wouldnt they destroy it with the buildings removing the pipes? Some kid could really get hurt there. I mean, seriously hurt or killed there. It just all doest add up to me. The show of a gas tank farm is all well and good, butttttt it just doesnt add up 100% The whole situation has had me thinking for years. That is why I posted such a long post about my entire day there. The whole trip was weird and the place was even more strange. I figured of all of the places online, THIS is the place to get some truth!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Likely hiding the fact they were salvaging metal scrap or other items.
or they were growing pot on the old tank farm property.

I ran into the same thing on a old military gunnery range.
I was salvaging old 20mm brass and aluminum and was warned off a couple times by other people that did not like it that i was encroaching on there prize scrap.
Not that i quit i just went armed after that.

I first started working this old gunnery range back in the 1970s and know it better then the other people that have warned me off.

With the modern metal detectors now i still am getting a lot of brass and aluminum and i can work at night with a cap lamp.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Likely hiding the fact they were salvaging metal scrap or other items.
or they were growing pot on the old tank farm property.

I ran into the same thing on a old military gunnery range.
I was salvaging old 20mm brass and aluminum and was warned off a couple times by other people that did not like it that i was encroaching on there prize scrap.
Not that i quit i just went armed after that.

I first started working this old gunnery range back in the 1970s and know it better then the other people that have warned me off.

With the modern metal detectors now i still am getting a lot of brass and aluminum and i can work at night with a cap lamp.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by ANNED]

But the thing is; there is nothing there. I did a quick walk around the inside of the perimeter fence and found no pot plants anywhere. Granted there were two or so circles I did not check, but we were searching for ANYTHING useful to us and marijuana is on that list at all times on any exploration we did/do.

In the way of scrapping, I do that as well. There was nothing there. Scrap steel at most and that is worthless outside of the ton around those parts. Unless they were scrapping and stealing surplus from inside the blast door where all of this surplus is supposedly stored. Most of it is old and rusty and beat up as I hear it, but it is still there or was when my school friend drank there last which was close to the time I went. The only thing I can think of is that what I want is there, they just dont want me there for some reason. Maybe because I would have loaded the car up with just as much as I could, or maybe they were. Who knows, but I definitely think that there is more there than meets the eye.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by A-E-I-Owned-You]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This reminds me of a place close to my family history and background. Oddly enough my great grand father was stationed at this (Manchester) location for a brief time during the 40's.

While to this day the fuel depots still stand in full and are fenced with no access and patrolled inside. The rest of the base was turned into a park with a boat launch with an amazing view of Seattle.

Many of the concrete houses still stand and there are a few underground "barracks" that you can go into.

Manchester Park

Manchester State Park is a 111 acre state park with 3400 ft of shoreline, located on Washington's Kitsap Peninsula. It was at one time a harbor defense installation for the protection of nearby Bremerton, then a fuel supply depot and Navy fire-fighting station. The park contains a former torpedo warehouse built in 1901, a mining casement and a gun battery.

Fuel Depot South of above Image

This type of stuff if very common out here, or maybe its the family business
, given such a deep root military background. From trident and Nike missile bases to all our research facilities, and all the major bases here.

Ive got a list of places I want to explore. There are two where I currently live.

1. The road the goes long the lake, is a massive dirt hill side, far up on this hill side is housing and a sign for some type of private school with a name that would remind you of Harry Potter. Along the road in this hill side is a garage door, where the bushes and ivy have grown over it.

The houses have a much higher elevation then this garage, you can see it on the side walk if you look carefully as you walk the lake.

2. A few miles down near a very large sports training center near two floating bridges with infrastructure that goes over an island and deep below the houses of the start of a city, with twin lakes.

Anyways there is this private community hidden behind raised railroad tracks. Standing on the public road if you look right from the community you will see black coated pipes, with 180 U turns in them, much like you would use in sub-grade fall out shelters for clean air. A bit farther into the hill side is a massive concrete tube the goes back a ways, I haven't followed it yet. I swear I could stand up inside if I could get in theory. In about parallel with the entrance to the community this tube disappears at a 45 deg angle into the ground.

I love this area. Anyone want to go half on a Nike Missie base out here? 250k is your half, because you can still buy some out here.

I think that it would be neat if someone was able to look into the OP's "Fuel Depot" but chances are it really is what, it is. I wouldn't doubt tanks either.

There is a Nike base that the National Guard just tore down. There is a tank sitting on the site.

Sometimes conspiracy is just lost or hidden history.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Thereal]

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Thereal]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

if it is some secret base i bet it would be simmiliar to dulce

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join