It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking extraterrestrial life in the multiverse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
While most scientists focus their efforts on finding signs of life in our own universe some are starting to set their sights elsewhere.

Other intelligent and technologically capable alien civilizations may exist in our Universe, but the problems with finding and communicating with them is that they are simply too far away for any meaningful two-way conversations. But what about the prospect of finding if life exists in other universes outside of our own?

www.unexplainedmysteries.com...

how would they even recognize life in another universe? Finding life in our Universe is hard enough but yet there is talk of multiverses? I cant even imagine what life would look like in a multiverse.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I would like to read and comment on this, but the link seems to be 'under construction.' Perhaps it is me, is anyone else having an issue with it?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
try this link
www.universetoday.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I find this quite interesting.

Life in a multiverse.. with different laws of physics.. I wonder why they would extend the search of life to a multiverse when we haven't had any solid disclosure on our own universe now. Although having said that this topic could give people a better open mind to the idea of ETs.

Now my question is, how can they prove that a multiverse exsist?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SDiazIVC

dont ask me, i dont even know what a multiverse looks like. cool to think about though.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
reply to post by SDiazIVC

dont ask me, i dont even know what a multiverse looks like. cool to think about though.

ROFL, well I guess what it looks like IS difficult too imagine. Anyway's to clarify your question as to what a multiverse is in theory, that is fortunatly very simple.

A multiverse is a namecollection of different universes that span the same location with the exception of the four-dimension space/time grid because of a different phasevariation. Simply put, other universes are here, yet are not here because of a phase-variationshift in the fourth dimensional wall (that latter thing would be the space/time grid all here know of the general relativity law of Albert Einstein).

So there you go, easy as a potato on a stick. If intelligent life in the universe is already big, that chance is even bigger if you view it in multiverse perspective. Being ofcourse the minor issue of proofing the mutiverse to be existing...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Hi,
interesting topic here.
This is somehow related, maybe you enjoy watching it.
He can explain things very well in my opinion.

Cheers,
derpif

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientShade

Anyway's to clarify your question as to what a multiverse is in theory, that is fortunatly very simple.

A multiverse is a namecollection of different universes that span the same location with the exception of the four-dimension space/time grid because of a different phasevariation. Simply put, other universes are here, yet are not here because of a phase-variationshift in the fourth dimensional wall (that latter thing would be the space/time grid all here know of the general relativity law of Albert Einstein).

So there you go, easy as a potato on a stick.

Okay...now we understand...a multiverse looks like a potato on a stick. Jeez...I'm sorta disappointed by that. I always pictured it having more stars and stuff.

top topics

join