It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grayson: Fight now or ‘kiss your country goodbye’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There is another thread somewhere on ATS that shows alot of corperations in America are partly owned by foriegn intrest.
Thats just F'n great! I geuss China will own America one way or another.

sincerly yours, Long Duck Dong.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It use to be that homeless Americans would migrate to Southern California each winter. There was a time when one could sleep on the beach, pick oranges and avocados from small family farms, go fishing and easily catch something from an abundant ocean, find a job, buy a van and move into it.

Many cities in Southern California have now been “incorporated.” Each incorporated city has their own form of laws to deal with homeless Americans, and deal with them in very harsh ways. The homeless are now legally forbidden to stay in many of these cities. If they try, they usually end up experiencing jail time and fines.

Imagine that, being considered a criminal for simply trying to live, as a natural human being?

It is my belief that our Earth lays down the law, not man. Man's laws are bogus, just like the dollar bill.

Today Southern California is a commercial wasteland, thanks to the corporations. They have stripped the fragile natural environment, replacing it with a vast complex of parking lots and shopping malls, asphalt and cement, pollution and toxins.

Today is the day that I begin my fight against the incorporated governments. It is a corrupt and tyrannical system. One that is intent on enslaving humanity.

Today is the day that I begin to study and apply the ways ot Mahatma Gandhi.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 22-1-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I sure hope none of you actually listen to this nut. He will be out next election.

I am sure he has decided to make an ass out of himself in an attempt to prove to the die-hard liberals in hopes they help him at re-election time.

"Republicans only solution to health care is to: Hope you DIE!!! Remember that one? Come on folks. Open your eyes-the scare tactics aren't working anymore.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
rawstory.com...

Inaction will create 'Congressmen from Wal-Mart'
grayson Grayson: Fight now or kiss your country goodbyeWASHINGTON --

[edit on 22-1-2010 by whaaa]

The new definition of "citizen": "labor unit #nnnn".

Will corporations next have the vote?....oops!

[edit on 22-1-2010 by havanaja]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i think most members of congress that are actually for us are against this ruling. The question is, who is not against this ruling....

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I weep for what US independent Judiciary had became to pass such laws.

The rich, with their honeyed mickey mouse song and dance routines will ultimately win and poor Jon Doe, who may be attempting to do the right thing for the common masses, is shoved aside by big money.

If this is not corruption on a grand scale allowed by the NWO-favouring corrupt judiciary, I dont know what else is.

I guess George Washington and the founding fathers would have weep too. IF such a law is passed, then taxed should be axed. There can bo no taxes without representation and the political master best not touch natural resources or they will be tried for massive theft by a massed lynch mob.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think that it's important for everybody to remember one thing.

It's not the Supreme Courts job to do what's right for the country. The Supreme Courts job is to decide whether or not something is constitutional. I fully believe that they made this decision knowing that new constitutional legislation would be put in place to fix the problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
They don't even need to go that far, majority of American people are passive, and down right lazy. I am not saying this in a negative context, but a truthful one.

Six pack of beer, enough food, just enough money to survive, lots of Cable, Tabloid news at 6, Sports on TV constantly, and video games, a vacation every couple of years and they will be passive forever.

Originally posted by DataWraith
Being in the UK , and loving the common person and common good, I can't help but feel that this isn't going to go anywhere as people are too lazy , too ignorant and simply too blind to understand that what happens somewhere else WILL eventually affect them.
This will go nowhere in the US as the people over there will simply be told " to disagree makes you unpatriotic , unAmerican and therefore a terrorist", and the people wil tow the line because they are too scared, hoping that someone else does the dirty work for them.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Last night I had a healthy debate about this issue with some customers and a few employees after hours at my establishment. We concluded as a group that this Supreme Court ruling was in fact a turning point toward serious fascism. Left unchecked, the corporations will complete the strangle-hold on American politics they have so long sought after. Looking back on the appointments of the Justices and you will see the trend of ideology over interpretation of the law.

Even the politicians are scared. Incumbencies can be destroyed overnight. Although that can be a good thing, it all depends on who wields the power over the media. And we all know that's not the people anymore. Question the motives of the power elite.

I think this is one of the last moves on the chessboard of the American political system setting up the checkmate against the people.

At the end of our debate, I reminded the group that we have been so distracted by the media that we couldn't see two feet in front of our faces. Encumbered by over-taxation/inflation, we are on the treadmill unable to see where we are going. And without the will or time to do anything about it.

We won't even rally against these ridiculous wars! The impotence of the American citizen is plain for all to see. It is way past time to decide if we will sink or swim. Unless...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Even if they just run adverts and stick billboards up, it still has a huge effect on people's perceptions on the targets of those ads. I forgot who said this or where I heard it, but it still rings true, "If you say or hear something untrue enough times, it eventually becomes a fact/ or true in the minds of the listeners." Look at the way we (the people) were told that Iraq had WMDs or that Obama was a vote for change, I got suckered into believing both, but then I came to ATS and had my eyes opened. We need to set caps on allowed campaign funds, or have the govt. give each candidate $5 million towards their candidacy and they can do their best with the allotted funds. Just wait till the American Mustache Association uses it's vast resources to get the Hitler Mustache candidate elected, thereby forcing every man, woman, and child to have a Hitler stache. It's a sad day indeed!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Let us consider the genius of this move. Promoting the right-wing pro-business agenda (the 5 justices were all Republican appointees) during a (supposedly) left-wing administration.

This is strategically brilliant. This same result could have been reached in 2008, but the players behind the scenes decided to let it wait and further undermine an already impotent Left leaning presidency.

While I know that Repubs and Dems are all serving the same masters, I can't help but admit that the extent of the awareness is contigent on their level of access in a system somewhat akin to the Degrees of the Masons.

While TPTB like having the two party system as a sideshow distraction, they really do tend to prefer having right-wingers in power. It makes it easier to further consolodate wealth and blow-up oppositional players in the World Game.

With this ruling it is clear that the right wing puppets have been playing rope a dope with the left wing puppets.

The flipping of Kennedy's seat kills any meaningful reform of health insurance access, making the Dems look ineffectual.

This ruling makes the Dems look like they are in the pocket of big business.

The ruling will also allow corporations to flood stupid money into mid-term elections which are notorious for being won on name recognition rather than real issues.

A new rout of the Dems this fall leads to a completely hostile Congress which blocks all Obama attempts at relevance. 2012 sweeps in more Republicans who continue sticking it to working Americans (all the while convincing them that they will become rich playing a rigged game) while feeding billions of dollars to their corporate masters.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

thanks for the sane response to my post. I guess it is yours and my time to have a heart to heart talk with our electable representatives within Congress, or the tree and ropes will be prepared.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

i agree with you. it was lost before 911, but 911 was so in your face as to the extent it has become.. THE USA IS DEAD

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Fight now or kiss your country goodbye

Important thread - and Grayson's right.

Time to stand up, speak out - and exercise your rights as voters - and responsibilities as citizens of -

The United States of America.

- sofi

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Looking at stories and old table top games from years past this is just the first step of what has been predicted for decades. No governments, just Mega-Corps that are running the world. To comment on the post that Wal-Mart could start a shell corporation for “Kitties and baby Jesus…” Hopefully there are enough vocal members on ATS that will be able to do the research and see where this money is coming from. With at least keeping some of the population informed of what is going on.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Has anyone read the book Snowcrash? I thought he had great vision for a writer, good stuff. I loved his vision of future Ameica. No longer independant states, but the entire nation was broken down into corporately owned zones. You'd go from one to another, and have to abide by their rules while in their private little "nation."

Yup.. I see it moving that way slowly but surely.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The first step -

Grayson has created the Web site SaveDemocracy.net to gather petitions in support of his bills. On Friday at 8:30 AM EST there were nearly 40,000 signatories.

....now there are over 49,000.

Save Democracy

...The next battle will be a legal one, but it's do-able.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Important thread - and Grayson's right.

Time to stand up, speak out - and exercise your rights as voters - and responsibilities as citizens of -

The United States of America.

- sofi

This ruling protects exactly what you said above! Free Speech should never be limited.....for anybody!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Free speech should not be limited.....for anybody!

A CORPORATION IS NOT A PERSON.

It does not have a heart a soul or the ability to walk into an f-ing voting booth and pull a lever.

What F-ing part of that do you not get!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got it right there, my friend, people still doesn't get it, we the people lost our nation a while back while getting big and fat on the good life while becoming nothing but consumer junkies and losing our life savings with unrestricted credit and loans.

We were too busy shopping to realized what has been done to us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join