It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arlen Specter (now D-PA) another big loser from Tuesday's election results?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I haven't seen anyone else mention this, either on the news or here on ATS.

Recall, that last year Specter stunned the Republican party by switching to the Democrats? He did so because he thought that given the Democrat's landslide in 2008, it was the only way he could keep his job as senator. It also helped give the Democrats their 60 vote super majority.

Well, Senator Specter, what do you think now in the wake of the Republican resurgence? Perhaps you will turn out to be one of the biggest losers of them all when the dust finally settles on all of this.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

If I remember correctly, he switched parties because he was going to be challenged for his seat by another Republican and the numbers looked very bad for him getting on the ballot to retain the seat..

And yes he switched to Dem to try and ride that wave.. but it seems the wave was not that killer..

Oh well, he's one of the ones that needs to be put out to pasture...

It's a very long list.. both parties.. first is the cleaning of the HOUSE..

this November... can WE do this?

My hopes are high that we can, while they (status quo) keep using the old playbook, the voters are fed up and writing their own.

Peaceful revolution can be so sweet, if WE can just push this to the finish line..

[edit on 1/21/2010 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well, now reaching 80, maybe he's hoping of dying also from a brain tumor before the next elections so he doesn't have to face his voters.

new topics

join