It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So will anything major happen on 12-21-12 or will in be another Y2K hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I tend to think nothing major will happen in 2012. I am nervous however about the possibility of huge solar flares maybe hitting us and killing electronic devices knocking Society back to the 1850s.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
looking at your prior threads you really do like to ask these what if questions huh?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Come closer child...clossserrr...stare into my crysstall ball...

Do you see? Do you see? This mist is clearing and I see a picture, it's very blurry but wait... it's clearing!

It's a picture of a strange little man? Staring at a pc screen scratching his head..the date is the 21st of December 2012...I sense a strong feeling of epic fail coming from him...

Ah well nevermind

Thank you my child

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

When I was in Riviera Maya a couple years ago, all of the Mayans that I was speaking with tried to shy away from the questions about the end of the calander cycle. The only response that I received was from a young Mayan tour guide who stated that it would be a 'new age' for the world. Not satisfied with the response I gotten, I kept asking and he was clearly getting mad as the tour was with a bunch of Canadians and Americans, who thought we shoudl get a better answer. I am still not happy with that, so I am going to Tulum again in another 3 weeks to see if I can dig up some answers. Even though I could book a vaca for Feb, I found it pretty bad that I could not get one for winter solstice 2012

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No ona can say for sure what will happen on dec. 21st 2012. All i know is that there is going to be some EPIC parties leading up to it. End of the world themed parties will bring much satisfaction....

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Id say the solar flares destroying all comunications would be enough to send the world into chaos.Just the mobile phone dependant youth without the ability to text would be enough to start some kind of zombie Apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
well there seems to be a lot of things pointing to something big happening.But since I'm not nosterdamus I really don't know.I do however have hope.This world sucks the big pickle and if it gets wiped out it would still be a better place.
You probably shouldn't listen to me however as I have some pretty strange ideas like if I don't know I'm dead did I really die?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think were in for the biggest Fasle Flag ever not just the U.S. but the world.

Something wierd is going on at NWO Denver Airport check it out.

The merals are just creepy.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well seeing as ACTUAL Mayans say that it is just the end of a calender and that only Westerners are ones that have some weird fascination with the date and the end of the world.. I doubt very much anything will happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Either way its the best excuse since the millenium to throw outrageous parties full of substance abuse (all legal substances of course
)

Gonna be a good time especially when it passes and those that bought into it are left with their hardcover paperweights.

And if something does happen none of us will be around to hear them say I told you so lol.

Cheers

[edit on 21-1-2010 by thebulldog]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Well seeing as ACTUAL Mayans say that it is just the end of a calender and that only Westerners are ones that have some weird fascination with the date and the end of the world.. I doubt very much anything will happen.

I thought it wasn't the end of the calender but rather the beginning of a new 20,000 year calender period... like the Mayan version of a millennium?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Time will tell.
Less than 3 years to go.
I predict Denver International Airport will be incredibly busy in
November 2012. Gulfstream 550s everywhere!
Where will they put them all?
Underground?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by InterconnecteD

Detected interconnection of counter intelligence.

What have say you

More than you hope to

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Something WILL happen. Mark my words, something slightly major will take place that will allow the 2012 people to claim the prophecy was right. You mentioned Solar Flares, perhaps there will be a worldwide blackout, those who believe the 2012 nonsense will claim the Mayans were talking about those Solar Flares when they decided to end their calendar in 2012.

Honestly it's all a load of new age nonsense, there is nothing to back it up. You want to know how I know there is nothing to back any of it up, just look at the number of different claims and different theories they are selling.

2012 is doomsday, rebirth into some fourth dimension, earthquakes, polar shifts, nuclear war, rise of atlantis, it's whatever the parasites want to sell to the gullible. They are taking advantage of all the people who will believe this nonsense and making a buck that is all. I'm sure something will happen that they will latch onto and claim it justifies their 2012 hype. That's why I hope 2012 is a very quiet year so these charlatans can't keep feeding off people's natural superstition.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Y2K was everted by everyone purchasing new computers ahead of time.
It was not a non event. What if these more extreme CME flares have the power to send gamma radiation that causes people to be sterile or causes cancer by mutating body cells of plants and animals at the molecular level. This could lead very quitely to an extinction event. People would start dying in the years following, or we could starve to death from the plant life being ruined. Is this how oil was created in the first place?

My father died of cancer 17 years ago, he was an EE electrical engineer
who worked around electromagnetic fields during his career. He truely thought in terms of math and died chanting numbers. He would not eat onions or garlic which I feel is vital to a person's immune system.

I feel the scientists do not tell the mass public the truth about anything, we are considered intellectually inferior gene pool. I know someone who was
very intelligent who condescends to people and as a result is very unsucessful in life because people avoid this person. This person shows no dignity and respect to others, they consider others inferior.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Based on our present evolutionary progress (in terms of technology, ethics, and understanding of our reality), I'm leaning in personal favor of October 2011 for the tipping point. Ancient cultures "in the know" have described history in terms of nine "underworld cycles". As we move forward in time, each cycle moves 20 times faster, like shifting gears in a transmission engine. Each cycle contains 13 parts (think stripes on the US flag), and the 13th "stripe" contains within itself the next cycle. All cycles end in 2011/12 (in other words, the near future as of this post), but instead of experiencing the 13th phase we shift gears after the 12th phase and start a faster cycle.

Sound confusing?

Cycle 1 (Beginning 16.7 BYA): formation of 3-dimensional universe

Cycle 1 Phase 13/Cycle 2 (Beginning 320 MYA): complex cellular life

Cycle 3 (Beginning 41 MYA): mammals on the rise

Cycle 4 (Beginning 2 MYA): familial relationships in apes

Cycle 5 (Beginning 102 KYA): tribal relationships; seafaring according to NY Times www.nytimes.com...

Cycle 6 (3114 BC - 1755 CE): "modern" societies, writing, law, etc
(also 13 Ahaw, 3114 BC - 13 Ahaw, 2011 = 1/4 precessional cycle)

Cycle 7 (1755 - 1999 CE): Heliocentric model (sun recognized as center of creation as opposed to the earth), seeds of American, French Revolutions, First Renaissance*

Cycle 8 (1999 - 2011 CE): Human Genome Project, permanent human presence in space (ISS), first nanotechnology, quantum computers, LHC

Cycle 9 (Feb - Oct 2011): All the badassery of the previous cycles combined. You do the math.

So even if the numbers aren't perfect, they reveal a consistent pattern as far into the past as humanity thus far has been able to observe. In terms of physical matter, history is born in the past, but in terms of information, it is born in the future. Of course, no one knows exactly when the "big bang" of information will be, and our conscious decisions change history all the time. Therefore, as much as we like to bet on a particular date, it's just that: a bet. Americans declare Independence Day to be July 4, 1776 CE but her independence wasn't won in a day or in a year for that matter; I'm pretty sure the war dragged on for another 5 years or so.

With that in mind, dates like December 12, 2012 are like a cosmic 1776: they are symbolic of a second renaissance that is ongoing. Maybe, hopefully, enough people focusing on that date as a goal for change will bring about a self-fulfilling prophecy; I wouldn't deny we have the power to do it.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThenThanCorrectionMan
Id say the solar flares destroying all comunications would be enough to send the world into chaos.Just the mobile phone dependant youth without the ability to text would be enough to start some kind of zombie Apocalypse.

I could see that as a good movie plot. 2012, solar flare, no threat to life by itself, but teens can't text = ZOMBIEAPOCALYPSE!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There are so much of stuff going on from Solar Storms, Yellowstone, possibility of Polar shift etc, I personally think something of a major catastrophic event will soon take place. December 2012 will be a new beginning and hopefully in the right direction where we would get a chance to fully explore and develop ourselves.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Not much will happen in 2012. It's simply being built up by those that want to profit off the fears of others. Sure, something could happen that year, but there is no greater chance than that of any other year.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This will go the same way as Y2K, Hale Bobb etc., there always has to be an end times scenario, how else are these wacko's going to sell books, once 2012 passes there will be something else for the gullible to obsess about.

new topics

top topics

join