It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa photo shows picture of beach on mars? Sand, Waves, and Ocean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I don't really have much to say other than it's initial appearance. Looks like a beach to me? Although the likely hood of it being one is probly nill. Lol. Anyway. What do you see?

www.dailygalaxy.com...

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Ear-Responsible]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Where do you see the ocean? There is sand, obviously, and sand dunes - hence the wave-look.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Where do you see the ocean? There is sand, obviously, and sand dunes - hence the wave-look.

Umm..everywhere in the background? Like I said I don't necessarily believe this to be a picture of what is described in the thread title. But I do see alot of similarities and usually shiny...wet in appearance sand.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Ear-Responsible]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sand. all I see is sand,

Like this sand pic here -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca28f12c8a70.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Are there any more pics other than the two on that site? it was August last year.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If those were really oceans, I doubt NASA would release those photos

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I suppose you didn't notice the rover's tire at the bottom of the picture, which, if this were an 'ocean,' would be underwater?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshOnMyTomatoes
I suppose you didn't notice the rover's tire at the bottom of the picture, which, if this were an 'ocean,' would be underwater?

Um, of course I did. Clearly you missed the part about the beach and sand..

And that pic doesn't resemble anything in the link I provided.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ah. I didn't see the second picture.

spacefellowship.com...

Doesn't really look like a beach anymore lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

It's been a hobby of mine collecting Images of Mars relesased by NASA . Here are Links to some Photos that I might consider inconclusive as to their True Nature . Lakes and Trees on Mars ? Or......................?...You Decide..

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What's interesting to me is they claim this is a meteor. Well, I don't see a crater, I don't see a parachute so that would imply that some kind of erosion is at work to cover the little meteors tracks. Then that poses the question why all the tidal kind of activity? If there was enough force to cover the meteors tracks but not the meteor and there's all this water kind of activity what might that tell us about recent history?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

hehe I saw what you were talking about in the first picture.

I like your response to the second one.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

The wind on Mars is one cause of erosion.

Mars is known for having huge sandstorms -- i.e. the wind can move the sand around (even though the atmosphere is very thin).

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Be awesome if they TOOK some Pictures like these of the MOON!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
NASA officials would give just about anything to find proof of life or large bodies of water on another planet. Such a discovery would result in virtually unlimited funding for future space exploration projects.

In the meantime, amateur imagery analysts on conspiracy web sites are constantly "discovering" what they believe to be evidence of forests, lakes, rivers, artificial structures, etc., in images posted to the Internet by NASA (while claiming that NASA officials are denying the truth).

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

That's all good and well, but if you take what nasa says as fact on all accounts then you sir are in for a rude awakening.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
NASA officials would give just about anything to find proof of life or large bodies of water on another planet. Such a discovery would result in virtually unlimited funding for future space exploration projects.

Such a discovery might have national security implications.

If I was in charge of NASA and we found signs of life on another world, you wouldn't know for many years (if ever). And you'd keep funding my operation regardless - with your taxes.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10501
SAFEGUARDING OFFICIAL INFORMATION IN THE INTERESTS OF THE DEFENSE OF THE UNITED STATES
Here is a link to the original 10501 Executive Order from 1953 (Eisenhower Admin.)

www.fas.org...

NASA Office of Defense Affairs: The First Five Years
Chapter 14 - NASA SECURITY CLASSIFICATION PROGRAM.
This chapter deals specifically with the discussion surrounding NASA's adoption of their modified EO 10501 National Security interpretation in 1966

history.nasa.gov...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The Silver Surfer will be stoked. I hear he has been hanging to slash some Martian waves for ages but NASA was giving him crap SSSU(solar system surf updates).

top topics

join