It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who don't stop to help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
from where i live in bulgaria,i feel like everyone wants to hurt or insult you,but thats just my opinion,so stopping to help will just resort in some ""i dont need your help idiot go away"" in bad times people get bad man

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
According to Tom Cruise only Scientologist would stop and help someone.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Sorry to say, I probley would have been one of those who just drove pass. I would have called 911 from my car. I grew up in the city KILLidelphila to be excat. Twice I was robbed because I stopped to help someone, and arrested.NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will call the cops but I will not put myself out there.

I stopped to help a guy that looked as if he had just been jumped, as soon as I got close to hime I was pistal whipped and robbed and left bleeding on the sidewalk. I tried to stop a woman from getting her A** kicked by he boyfriend and what did I get for my troubles. Arrested for assult and battery. Apperently because I hit the guy once and broke his wrist falling. Granted I was found not guilty but I should have never been arrested and charged to begin with.

These are reasons why we dont stop to help anymore.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have had it happen. On this crazy twisty hill that was over salted, the car in front of me slid. I slid to avoid hitting it. I hit the embankment and flipped over. The car took off. Two people drove around me before someone stopped to help.

Because of the incline of the hill, it took 2 towtrucks to flip my car back over. The road was closed. I would look back to see cars trying to get around the police barrier, to only have to back up the hill.

My most recent beef is when at an indoor playground at McDonalds, my kids feet slipped out from under him and he cracked his head on the floor. Loud enough to get everyones attention.

His head was bleeding all over the place, all over my hands, my kids shirt and he started freaking. All the children were standing around harrassing me and the parents didn't call them off. I had to snap at them to get away. The I looked at the other parents and ask them to see if there was a doctor in the house. All I got was stares. I finally had to snap at someone to get a manager and a first aid kit.

It was complete incompetency. I hope their children are never in an emergency situation cuz they are screwed if all the parents can do is sit there and gape.

I took my kid to urgent care and he was ok. Ends up heads just bleed a lot.

But that just may be it, people dont' know what to do. Why stop if your not going to be functional or just get in the way?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxtremelySecure
reply to post by Aquarius1

I live in VA, I still stop to check on people if they are on the side of the road or have their hazard lights on but most of the other officers write it off as a bad rookie habit...

Secure

Pardon Moi,

But why is this a bad rookie habit ?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Im actually having this problem at the moment.
Iv got a young couple living next door to me wit a little toddler, and Iv heard the boyfriend really shouting at his girlfriend. I dont really know them that well, just to say hello to in the street.

On 1 early evening, I was in my kitchen and I heard the shouting and then some loud banging. The girfriend then shouted at the top of her voice "get off me". Wit that I knocked on the door, and after abt 1 min the boyfriend answered, but just poked his head out a little bit.
I said in a firm voice "is everything ok, I heard screaming", he said that he was watching football. I didnt reply, I jus gave him a stern look.
I asked my daughter if there were any football games on, as it was the day AFTER boxing day, and traditionally the football is played ON boxing day.
There were no games...
Iv since spoken to the girl and she said that he`s been depressed since loosing his job.
Iv let her know that im here if she needs me.
Iv heard shouting and banging since, but I dont want to act like a busy body. But then on the other hand Iv got a daughter, and Id hate to think if she was in that situation someone would be listening and not doing anything.
I myself have never been in an abusive relationship, but Iv got friends that have. It never usually gets better. In fact 9/10 times it gets worse, and I dont want to be too late...
Im not sure how to approch this if it does get worse.
Or should I approch it at all?

Can any1 give me a bit of advice pls?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidley_35
I myself have never been in an abusive relationship, but Iv got friends that have. It never usually gets better. In fact 9/10 times it gets worse, and I dont want to be too late...
Im not sure how to approch this if it does get worse.
Or should I approch it at all?

Can any1 give me a bit of advice pls?

Call the police next time you hear it, if you keep calling the police the boyfriend will eventually go to jail and stay. It usually takes calling us 5-6 times before the victim will prosecute. I you save her life it will be well worth having them pissed at you.

Secure

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dixon

reply to post by Aquarius1

I live in VA, I still stop to check on people if they are on the side of the road or have their hazard lights on but most of the other officers write it off as a bad rookie habit...

Secure

Pardon Moi,

But why is this a bad rookie habit ?

Because LEO's don't fall under the good Samaritan laws we are legally liable for any help rendered off duty. If I give you CPR and crack a few of your ribs then you can sue me for everything I own. Same for any other help rendered.

Secure

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Because LEO's don't fall under the good Samaritan laws we are legally liable for any help rendered off duty. If I give you CPR and crack a few of your ribs then you can sue me for everything I own. Same for any other help rendered.

Secure

And that is one of the stupid laws. If anyone has training to help in a time of need, and does so, they should not be held accountable like that unless it is a severe case of doing the wrong thing.

I would rather have a policeman try to save my life than not, and it's unfortunate that society has gone in this direction.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
And that is one of the stupid laws. If anyone has training to help in a time of need, and does so, they should not be held accountable like that unless it is a severe case of doing the wrong thing.

I would rather have a policeman try to save my life than not, and it's unfortunate that society has gone in this direction.

I still stop and help, I know legally I am setting my self up for a fall, but some of the vets are showing me how to keep stuff out of my name to protect me from lawsuits(most officers in my department are sued 1-3 times a year by someone we arrested.)

Secure

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It seems alot of people just stare when they see something bad had just happened. When I was sitting on my porch I saw an accident occur on the road across from me and the people on the porch with me just sat and stared and I was the only person who ran (without shoes) to the car and helped the girls mom out of the car.

And when I got back to my house, my now ex boyfriend was baffled why I would even try to help. He made me out to be attention seeking or just wanting a pat on the back.

I think its great you helped and its good to know when everyone else is too busy to help, you would gladly. =]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Cute video huh? A dog gets it. A DOG!

Really makes you think huh?

Dont give it up just because others do not get it.

The dog lived, will thy neighbour?

Your call, is the message here.

Cheers!

[edit on 14-3-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
As a woman, I would absolutely not stop. I will call 911 if I see something and no one else is handling it, but I will not stop. Call me paranoid, but there are just too many ways for people to trick others into stopping to help, only to bring about harm to them. Granted, most of the time it is likely to be legitimate, but there are enough cases that are not to warrant caution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join