It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Chavez: US weapon test caused Haiti earthquake

Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez has once again accused the United States of playing God. But this time it's Haiti's disastrous earthquake that he thinks the U.S. was behind. Spanish newspaper ABC quotes Chavez as saying that the U.S. navy launched a weapon capable of inducing a powerful earthquake off the shore of Haiti. He adds that this time it was only a drill and the final target is ... destroying and taking over Iran.

Sounds like a conspiracy nut don't he?

Umm.....
Chavez...maybe can hook up with the "Governor" and do a new series.

Do you suppose he has legitimate inside info for this claim?
I would think so.

Maybe not a nut after all.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Dammit! I was hoping Chavez wouldn't turn out to be such a fruitcake. I'm sorry, I just can't buy into the "military-induced " earthquakes. We can do some amazing things, but earthquakes?
Show me some evidence.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Chavez is a nice man and wants the best for humanity!
Also he has some money to investigate.
But maybe he is just an ATS lurker

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Originally posted by imd12c4funn

Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez has once again accused the United States of playing God. But this time it's Haiti's disastrous earthquake that he thinks the U.S. was behind. Spanish newspaper ABC quotes Chavez as saying that the U.S. navy launched a weapon capable of inducing a powerful earthquake off the shore of Haiti. He adds that this time it was only a drill and the final target is ... destroying and taking over Iran.

Well if you connect the dots you can see it was an invasion, a very quick one. They send troops to haiti faster than any troops got to Katrina, and that was within the US. American troops were in Haiti within day.

The US paratrooper had a simple message for the people of Haiti. Dressed in khaki, carrying an assault rifle and with the iconic sight of Black Hawk helicopters taking off behind him, he said: "I don't plan on firing a single shot while I'm here. I've been in Iraq three times and I've done enough of that."

Wait until the orders start poping in

A new base for American troops.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Not evidence as such, but human interference can do the unexpected.

www.popsci.com...

In this case though it is up to Chavez to produce the info.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If I were him or any Third World country leaders, I'd offer to buy some nukes from Russia. If you're a Third World country, you're not safe. The U.S government will keep bullying you, if you don't fight back.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So a world leader declares what a conspiracy site has been suggesting...

I don't know about you, but I know I couldn't do Chavez's job. I see the American Government as 'evil', because I have seen no evidence to the contrary(besides the occasional Ron Paul).

So when a man who has been heckled and harassed by our Gov't says this, I think it has more weight/merit than anything I have heard Obama say.

A leader of a nation doesn't just say things like this for no reason...

Call him a fruitcake like millions of others, go ahead, get on the bandwagon. But remember, if ATS can find out what the Norway Spiral really was, so can Chavez and his buddies.

I think this is confirmation of conspiracy/ cause for further investigation.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If the US wanted to test an earthquake weapon, why would they test it on Haiti?

How about the rural mountains in Pakistan or perhaps Yemen ?

How about testing it when the Iranian president is giving one of his hate speeches?

I'm sorry I don't think that Haiti was worth targeting.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Originally posted by imd12c4funn

Well if you connect the dots you can see it was an invasion, a very quick one. They send troops to haiti faster than any troops got to Katrina, and that was within the US. American troops were in Haiti within day.

The US paratrooper had a simple message for the people of Haiti. Dressed in khaki, carrying an assault rifle and with the iconic sight of Black Hawk helicopters taking off behind him, he said: "I don't plan on firing a single shot while I'm here. I've been in Iraq three times and I've done enough of that."

Wait until the orders start poping in

A new base for American troops.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by oozyism]

My god are you that naive? If regular red cross people handed out food and water they would be surrounded by gangs demanding it all for them, with some sort of military soldiers there you can guaranteed that the food will go to the women and kids...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
If I were him or any Third World country leaders, I'd offer to buy some nukes from Russia. If you're a Third World country, you're not safe. The U.S government will keep bullying you, if you don't fight back.

So your calling for the united states to be nuked?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

OMG!!! How did he figure it out??? There must be a leak inside the OSI!!! Somebody, quick!!! Send Steve Austin and Jamie Sommers to go and protect Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa (creators of this top secret weapon, with the assistance of the Asgard) in their underground lab burried deep beneath Mount Rushmore!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2a12cdd0af7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This article, from 2004, explains US interest in Haiti
www.wsws.org...
You could argue that it's biased, but there is plenty of other, similar opinion on the net.
I initially thought the conspiracy theories about this were nonsense but the way things have unfolded just don't feel right.
I think there are 3 main questions
1) Is it technologically possible to spark off an earthquake in a targetted zone?
2) What would be the gain (if any) to US of taking control in Haiti?
3) Would the US have the will to do such a thing? (in the interests of whatever).

I think time will tell what's going on here.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
How does he know it wasn't a Russian nuke test or even Cuba?
Maybe even Iran tested their weapon in the Atlantic fault rim before they unleash it on Israel? No, The Devil, The Devil US is evil. hah, Chavez is like Baghdad Bob, cracks me up.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Alamo Ripper

Yes if I was that Naive I wouldn't have known about the UN troops whose JOB it is to protect the Haitians. The American troops will have a long presence in Haiti, watch and learn.

Disaster is one of America's best friend. Once a disaster occurs America having the biggest economy in the world can offer help but every bit of help comes with a catch. We just goto wait and see what the catch in regards to Haiti is.

Is the catch a permanent base? Or a complete regime change? Or maybe testing a whole new system? After all for one to test a new system, the country needs to be destroyed in to bits and rebuilt. And after all the American system is deemed to fail, 2 options, change or fall from its rank.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Will somebody please remind Hugo TO TAKE HIS LITHIUM.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by JIMC5499]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Whatever
It looks to me like an opportunity being taken. Never let a good disaster go to waste heh?
www.guardian.co.uk...

Quotes from above link:

'Most scandalously, US commanders have repeatedly turned away flights bringing medical equipment and ­emergency supplies from organisations such as the World Food Programme and Médecins Sans Frontières, in order to give priority to landing troops.'

'In the last couple of days, another motivation has become clearer as the US has launched a full-scale naval blockade of Haiti to prevent a seaborne exodus by refugees seeking sanctuary in the United States from the desperate aftermath of disaster. So while Welsh firefighters and Cuban ­doctors have been getting on with the job of ­saving lives this week, the 82nd Airborne Division was busy parachuting into the ruins of Haiti's presidential palace.'

'There's no doubt that more Haitians have died as a result of these shockingly perverse priorities.'

[edit on 20-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
the 82nd Airborne Division was busy parachuting into the ruins of Haiti's presidential palace.

Why believe anything the article says when they make up a lie like that? They never parachuted into Haiti...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

I have only one thing to say to those who seem soooooo ready to villify the US in it's decisions regarding Haiti. If you have never been to Haiti, you are talking out of the side of your face!

Haiti is barely a civilized country, and that's debatable. The last time I was there (mid 90's), you could smell Port Au Prince 5 miles before you got there (putrid doesn't even begin to describe the smell), and we had to keep people with fire axes at the ready next to all of the mooring lines, as the pier was occupied by men in civilian clothes carring automatic assault rifles (of many varieties). Law and order did not, and do not exist there.

Now if relief supplies were to be given priority over troops to guard and distribute them, the result would be the same as the opening scene in Blackhawk Down, i.e. the gun totin' gangs would comendeer the supplies to sell on the black market, while those who need it would slowly starve to death. In other words, until some semblence of order can be established on the ground, it is a waste of time and resources to just throw supplies at them...

Edit to add: The naval blockade is also a great idea, if for no other reason than to deter the Haitians from putting out to sea. They have no sense as to what it means to overload a boat. We intercepted a 40' sailboat, and pulled 240 Haitians off of it, who were literally packed below deck like cord wood. This was quite common during my time in the Coast Guard.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2b2b6ac061f.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 20-1-2010 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This can't be true, .... because if it was Chavez would have died in an airplane crash already. So the fact that he's still alive debunk's his theory.

and if we were going to use it on Iran, .... why wouldn't we just test it on Iran ?? and you can't just create an earthquake out of nothing, .. you need fault lines and all that.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Alamo Ripper

Originally posted by np6888

So your calling for the united states to be nuked?

Lolz, this is the exact kind of mindset that got America into this crap. "If your not with us, then your against us".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join