It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filmmaker Geert Wilders faces hatred charges.........

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So making a movie about the evils of Islam, its teachings and practices is a hate crime? Wow, what do they call it when you try and kill a cartoonist? This is ridiculous........just another little step towards domination by them.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
He isn't a filmmaker...he just made a small "docu"..he is the leader of the PVV
a Dutch political party.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Geert Wilders rocks.
I wish more people in politics had balls like Geert to expose Islam for what it is. Why hide the truth? What is Islam afraid of?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I suspect that by the end of the second page of this thread you will have people posting about how it is a good thing he is being charged for spreading hate.

After all God forbid someone have a different idea on things than someone else and be man enough to speak their thoughts. The expression of your thoughts in the end though is far different than taking action on exaggerated thoughts.

Raist

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yeah, the vultures will be here soon.
Meanwhile Geert and Salman Rushdie, and many others have to hide from death threats from Islam because apparently they have something to hide.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Doesnt this sort of prove his point?

It's like calling some dude a jerk then said do punches you in the face. All said 'dude' has done is prove he's a jerk. Not just a jerk but a violent reactionary jerk.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Shhh don’t say that or you will be a bigot.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck it really should be called a horse. Just ask government they know what is right for us, they have all the answers.

Raist

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I watched the movie.

I have seen WAY worse about....well...just about any other religion.

I have NEVER heard of anyone ever taking any of those people to court about it.

I cannot for a moment see why he is being charged.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Here is a copy of the film.

Fitna

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is a trial about freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech really comes down to the freedom to speak things that others don't want to hear. Nobody cares if you make a speech about how soft teddy bears are.

But if you speak out against Islam right now it's considered "Hate Speech" Why? Because Islam is a protected religion. If you said the same things about any other religions right now, no one would force you to trial.

The real question in my mind is why is Islam a special case. Can it not stand scrutiny? If you tell an unpleasant truth about a subject is that spreading hatred?

My hope is that freedom of speech is upheld by the courts. Otherwise, it's a sad day for the Netherlands.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Essentially this isn't about hate speech.

The things he is being charged with I have heard a million times from politicians and others about many other people.

Wilders is being charged - incessantly - for blasphemy. I mean, they are calling it something else, but that is what it amounts to.

Wilders to be tried for hate speech

Check out what he is up for saying.

Comparing the Koran to Mein Kampf. You hear people comparing things to Mein Kampf ALL THE TIME. I bet I could find hundreds of posts on this board alone comparing books to Mein Kampf.

He called Huhammed a fundamentalist. Oh. That's nasty.

He said not a single additional Muslim to be allowed to enter the country.

Oh, because no one says that about any immigrant - yet I have yet to see them be taken to court for blasphemy.....er....hate for it. Be careful all you immigrant Mexican hating Texan - that wall is ripe for you being charged with Hate......oh wait, no it isn't. Mexican isn't a RELIGION.

Let me be clear. I think that Wilders is an ass, and I wouldn't vote for him if you paid me dearly for it.

He is absolutely being pursued in the justice system for blasphemy against Islam, and if he said what he said about ANY other religion - particularly Christianity or Judaism - he would NEVER have been charged. Ever.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

the stupidest thing about, is that he could not even be charged with libel or slander or any similar law. He did a compliation of things said and done BY MUSLIMS.

What he put together doesn't even met the criteria of being untrue. It isn't the whole truth maybe, but it isn't incorrect either.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
"I Don't Agree With What You Say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

That being said, I don't think a documentary focusing on a single religion, and calling it evil has much credibility. You could very well make the same kind of documentaries for Christianity or Judaism. I do think that having to hide and live in fear for what you believe is wrong.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think following this case should be interesting. If he is found innocent, as in my opinion he should be, will the courts have to fear for their own safety? Will we see a surge of violence directed at them and their family members? I know this is about freedom of speech, but may it also go further, and will someone (the courts) finally draw a line in the sand and tell muslims they are not any more special than any other religion? This case if handled properly will have consequences world wide.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So since blasphemy is illegal in someplace now... Ireland maybe, will he be tried there?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
www.geertwilders.nl...
"In conclusion, Mister Speaker, judges of the court.
This trial is obviously about the freedom of speech. But this trial is also about the process of establishing the truth. Are the statements that I have made and the comparisons that I have taken, as cited in the summons, true? If something is true then can it still be punishable? This is why I urge you to not only submit to my request to hear witnesses and experts on the subject of freedom of speech. But I ask you explicitly to honour my request to hear witnesses and experts on the subject of Islam. I refer not only to Mister Jansen and Mister Admiraal, but also to the witness/experts from Israel, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Without these witnesses, I cannot defend myself properly and, in my opinion, this would not be an fair trial."

hmmm. He's got a point. He didn't say anything that is untrue...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If the muzzies don't like it they should stay in their own country.
Oh, but they are trying to make all of Europe their own country.
And that is the problem.

The thought police seem to be gaining strength in Europe.
You can't talk about Jews.
And now you can't talk about muzzies.

This is seriously outrageous.

Where or where are Ferdinand and Isabella when you need them.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Dear God, is freedom of speech becoming a long lost relic of a failing society ??

I can see myself far off in the future, ... telling my grandkids about how when I was a kid, ... people could say anything they wanted, and not be arrested or shot on the spot.

This case is just ridiculous, why is the Dutch government standing up for a religion that isn't dominant there, .... a barbaric, primitive religion at that.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It will NOT.

I will not allow it. Nor should you.

Equality in law is NOT equality in "piety" and "dignity" where my being equal means that I am equal so long as I am pious, and how I am pious is defined by how well I submit to God and men.

Equality means that I damn well own half my house, have equal custody of my children, can own land, have equal access to education, jobs, etc.

It doesn't and WILL NEVER MEAN that I am equal if I show that I submit to real well - and terms of which are defined very clearly right down to the minimum times of a week I will spread my legs.

I am TRULY getting very tired of the word spin about Islam.

I am annoyed as all hell that human rights and hate are being used as a way enforce religious blasphemy laws.

You do NOT have a HUMAN RIGHT or even a LEGAL RIGHT or a CIVIL RIGHT to not be OFFENDED.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
It will NOT.

I will not allow it. Nor should you.

Equality in law is NOT equality in "piety" and "dignity" where my being equal means that I am equal so long as I am pious, and how I am pious is defined by how well I submit to God and men.

Equality means that I damn well own half my house, have equal custody of my children, can own land, have equal access to education, jobs, etc.

It doesn't and WILL NEVER MEAN that I am equal if I show that I submit to real well - and terms of which are defined very clearly right down to the minimum times of a week I will spread my legs.

I am TRULY getting very tired of the word spin about Islam.

I am annoyed as all hell that human rights and hate are being used as a way enforce religious blasphemy laws.

You do NOT have a HUMAN RIGHT or even a LEGAL RIGHT or a CIVIL RIGHT to not be OFFENDED.

I'm a little confused by the last line of your post. Are you saying that I do not have a right to not be offended? or to be offended?
I have the capability to be offended by that shouldn't be enforced by law, whereas it is in Islam. But being offended isn't enough to bring criminal charges, which is what Geert is saying.

I agree that I will not be told by religion (sharia law) how to feel, how to behave or when to spread my legs.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join