It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corperate America- the world superpower

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The US accepts bribes to keep monopoly companies togather. This helps the economy in 2 ways; it helps by litteraly making people buy from the widespread stores and it helps by the bribe $$. When, in the past, companies were split up so, they were in financial trouble (hint, hint). This tells us about the US even more. EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND ECONOMY. Look at Asperin, NOW the meriacle drug... but soon they will find something wrong, by then the economy will be happy enough with all the asperin people bought. Major examples of monopolies are Microsoft, Walmart,Kraft, and McDonalds. Others are SearsRoebuck, General Mills, Goodyear, and General Motors. Please except this in its context. In addition, we use poor countries that get VERY, VERY low wages to get raw meterials from at a cheap price for OUR benifit.
I look forward to peplies, put please don't make them pointless.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
First, do you have anything to back up the "bribe" idea? I'd be interested in reading about it.

Second, it is not such a crime to pay people overseas for "cheap" labor, because although it may seem like throwing crumbs at pigeons, you have to look at the economic difference between our two countries. Obviously we have a grossly inflated economy, making 7,000 dollar a year salaries look like slave labor. But don't you think that is a problem of legislation for that country to oversee? I do.

Companies are responcible to operate within the laws of said country. Even if they do not, that is a problem for the government of the country they operate in, not ours.

I also don't see a problem providing jobs in these "poor countries". Big business has the jobs, and jobs pay for food and taxes (which benefit the country) so obviously they would support it.

As for Aspirin, I have no idea what you are talking about. Here is some information for you.

By 1829, scientists discovered that it was the compound called salicin in willow plants which gave you the pain relief.

The History of Aspirin

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
asperin is said to be a cure for many diseases, it is yet another government hype to get people to buy ,buy,buy so the economy and the US's power goes up, up, up.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Asperin is a fantastic anto-coagulant. I have witnessed this first hand with my company's device, the TEG� Analyzer ( haemoscope.com... ). In some situations and people it works better even then ReaPro.

As to the monopolies listed, I can see Microsoft. But Walmart? There are several other companies like Target, for instance, which are big and out there. Then McDonalds? Personally, I'm a Burger King guy, and there's also Wendy's, White Castle, Hardee's, Steak n' Shake, and several others. Good year is only one brand of tire among many. My car actually has FireStone tires on it. Kraft is, like the others, one company among several successful companies. I could go on with all of your other companies, but I think you get the idea.

Microsoft, on the other hand, does have a monopoly in that they buy out competition or potential competition, control (I think) 87% of the operating system market, and have their fingers in all things computer.

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
not to be rude, but your information is incorrect. also, i don't go by what i like or that is in MY opinion, i go by facts. and the facts don't lie in thic case.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cma
not to be rude, but your information is incorrect. also, i don't go by what i like or that is in MY opinion, i go by facts. and the facts don't lie in thic case.

Can you explain how?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cma
asperin is said to be a cure for many diseases, it is yet another government hype to get people to buy ,buy,buy so the economy and the US's power goes up, up, up.

Do you have anything to back this up? ANYTHING? So far you have just said short points with no explination or proof.

Last time I checked, aspirin doesn't need any hype, it's been around for over 100 years.

And didn't you post something about it killing more people than AIDS? I'd like to see where you are getting your information.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think cma's point is that corporate USA is hopelessly corrupt and due to this the USA's economy is shortly going to bottom out.

There's no real need to say it is or isn't going to happen though. We can after all just wait and watch it happen and when it does, then we will have something worth talking about.

It's like the whole religion debate. I'm slowly coming round to the idea that there's no point discussing it. In the history of the universe nobody has ever changed their mind on the God issue simply because of apologetic argument. Unless you can physically demonstrate personal proof of the existence of God it is pretty futile (especially in the West) to talk about it. Uhhh yeah so why am I still talking about it ? I guess I'm just bored...

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
KrazyJethro, I never said anything about asprin killing more than aids, that is stupid. right now I am, no offence, waiting for more people to reply so I can say my PROOF to the masses, if you know what I mean.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by cma]

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TenPin
I think cma's point is that corporate USA is hopelessly corrupt and due to this the USA's economy is shortly going to bottom out.
In the history of the universe nobody has ever changed their mind on the God issue simply because of apologetic argument. Unless you can physically demonstrate personal proof of the existence of God it is pretty futile (especially in the West) to talk about it.

I agree with you on my ideal points.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
lol And if no masses come here, we're supposed to just accept what you say at your word? There were a few ATS members who did that, just state something as though it was obvious then say "look it up for yourself, and tell me what you find. I'll tell you if it's valid or not". They're no longer here at ATS...

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
They're no longer here at ATS...

Is that a threat? do you wish to challenge me in a debate?!

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cma

They're no longer here at ATS...

Is that a threat? do you wish to challenge me in a debate?!

No, it was not a threat, it was an observation. I'm not a moderator and couldn't do anything like that.

And yes, I'd like to challenge you in a debate

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Would you mind telling me what "Asperin" is? Is that a new name brand of some new medicine?

As far as you waiting until you get more replies, if you have facts, cough them up now. Otherwise, you are just urintaing in the breeze with a whole bunch of misspelled words.

As far as monopolies, the only one you listed was Microsoft; every other corporation has competition. The only other corporation that comes close is WalMart, but, as was said, it has competition.

Please, feel free to explain these bribes to which you refer. So far, you have said nothing more than, well, nothing!

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
deal debate-boy, I am busy right now, but by june 8th, you are on. yay, finally a debate outside of my regular life. lol.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well, I'm often in the ATS chat after I get home from work (tonight I have to first watch paycheck), ready, willing, and able to debate on there. Intrepid and myself often get into these debates. Feel free to stop by. However, I'm not going to forget to sleep anymore when I'm debating (it's happened 2 times on there, going going going, then I look out the window and it's light out), so when my alarm goes off, I'll have about 10 minutes to either wrap it up or to continue the next night.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
But you kow there are several interesting point sin this thread that have a ring of truth even if there are no facts posted.

Corporate America is the backbone of Bushtics. Remember what former Governor Ann Richards remarked? "Here's a man who woke up on third base and was sure he hit a triple......"
And of his dad? "He was born with a silver foot in his mouth."

Corporate America rides a horse until it's dead.

G

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
But you kow there are several interesting point sin this thread that have a ring of truth even if there are no facts posted.

G

Read my origional message and YOU all do the research. I will get back to you in a day, by the time all argurers are tired out, then i will desplay their doom,lol.

g, nice recap.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
lol you're new to ATS...Arguers here don't tire in just one day...And you've had a bit of time to monitor and reply to this thread, but not enough time to present evidence you claim you have? How could you prove all those companies (other then MicroSoft) are monopolies when they have strong competition?

Allow me to, if I may, post webster's definition of a monopoly:
Main Entry: mo�nop�o�ly
Pronunciation: m&-'n�-p(&-)lE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -lies
Etymology: Latin monopolium, from Greek monopOlion, from mon- + pOlein to sell
1 : exclusive ownership through legal privilege, command of supply, or concerted action
2 : exclusive possession or control
3 : a commodity controlled by one party
4 : one that has a monopoly

Exclusive, exclusive, and one party. Those companies don't have exclusive control over their market. The commodities they sell are not controlled by one party, there are several. Or is Webster's going to be shocked with the information you may present tomorrow, too?

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

1 : exclusive ownership through legal privilege, command of supply, or concerted action
2 : exclusive possession or control

I would say the companies i listed have EXCLUSIVE or VAST controll over their areas

top topics

<<   2 >>

join