It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribulation in 2012!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

“Once before because of its sin, the earth was destroyed by water in the Great Flood in Noah’s day, but the world will be destroyed again this time by fire kept for the day of judgment and the destruction of ungodly men” (2 Peter 3:6-7).

This destruction by fire has not as of yet happened so it could theoretically happen on 12/21/2012 but even if it does happen on that date, it will not be doomsday. How then does one survive it?

All of this talk of a fiery apocalypse in 2012, seems to me to actually be the devastation described in the Biblical Tribulation (Matthew 24:21, Revelation 7:14) which will last seven years (Daniel 9:27) and will be experienced by those left behind in the catching away (the rapture) of Believers (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) to escape the wrath to come (1 Thessalonians 1:10) and be with Jesus forever.

“In the day of trouble (Tribulation), He (Jesus) will conceal you in His tabernacle in the secret place of His tent, He will hide me” (Psalm 27:5).

Before the crucifixion, Jesus said “I am going to prepare a place for you in my Father’s house. I will return and take you there to be with me always “(John 14:2-4).

“God has not destined us for wrath (2012) but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Thessalonians 5:9).

Thus the Bible does talk of a fiery apocalypse in the future, but it will only be for those unbelievers left behind (Christians do not have to worry) and in any case, it will not be doomsday.

“The earth and its inhabitants will be burned up” (2 Peter 3:10).

“The sun will scorch the earth” (Revelation 16:8).

“One third of he earth, the green grass, and the trees will be burned up” (Revelation 8:7).

“The inhabitants of the earth are burned up and few men are left” (Isaiah 24:6).

“The hills melt and the earth is burned up” (Nahum 1:5).

As to a possible polar shift and earthquakes:

“The stars will fall from the sky (as we flip over?) (Matthew 24:29).

“The earth is torn asunder, the earth is split though. The earth is shaken violently and reels to and fro like a drunkard” (Isaiah 24:19-20).

Violent earthquakes are described in Revelation 11:13 and 16:18.

In this last 2012 deception, Satan tries to convince people that the world will be destroyed and therefore not only tries to negate the reality of this upcoming Rapture which in part will rescue Believers from the Tribulation, but it also would deny the fact Jesus Christ is to return in His Second Coming at the end of the Tribulation and will defeat Satan at the Battle of Armageddon and then bind him in the abyss. Then Jesus will rule and reign from a rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem for 1000 years (Revelation 19:11-20, Revelation 20:6, 14).

Link to article

Do you think the Tribulation will happen in 2012 and Christ's 1000 year reign will begin? If so we only have two years left before all hell breaks loose!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I take it you're addressing the whole of ATS here?

Nope, I don't think the tribulation will be happening.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
I take it you're addressing the whole of ATS here?

Nope, I don't think the tribulation will be happening.

The tribulation has already begun. Mankind is just a frog in slow to boil water.....can't feel the heat yet.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

The son of man is just what it says. The "Son" of Man. Can you figure out what this scripture means now?

Some would have children, and the ones who don't, won't "witness" their own life put forth. The ones who give their life, will see their life...IN their children...eternal is a cycle that ends when no more life is put forth. No children, no life.

True since day 1.

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR

I believe the earth will be destroyed, but it will happen so quickly that a lot of religious prophecy will be left unfulfilled. The Tribulation, the return of the Madhi, the raising of the Temple Mount, these will not come to pass.

The sun is capable of heating the earth's core as well as it's surface, it's like a microwave/convection oven. Take a hard boiled egg and place it in the microwave. Turn it on high wait a few minutes and blooey!

On the ocean floor there are fissures. Near the area the water can be 800 degrees F. The tremendous pressure is preventing the water from moving away. There is a problem here.

2012 is a false Doomsday. But near about that time it will seem bad enough. Solar activity during the next solar max will raise havoc and there will be more incidents like Katrina, the tsunami in the Ring of Fire, and most recently, Haiti.

Only one large sunspot, 1040 is currently on the sun. It will be a mess with several. A large coronal mass ejection hitting the earth could cause enormous damage.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo3
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

I believe the earth will be destroyed, but it will happen so quickly that a lot of religious prophecy will be left unfulfilled. The Tribulation, the return of the Madhi, the raising of the Temple Mount, these will not come to pass.

The sun is capable of heating the earth's core as well as it's surface, it's like a microwave/convection oven. Take a hard boiled egg and place it in the microwave. Turn it on high wait a few minutes and blooey!

So true! We owe our lives to the Sun, (spelled "Son" by some) and it could very well be our destruction. Sunspots are dangerous, and can actually burn one down if not for the Earth's magnetosphere, which happens to have a rather large hole in it right now.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Only one large sunspot, 1040 is currently on the sun. It will be a mess with several. A large coronal mass ejection hitting the earth could cause enormous damage.

Yep! It certainty can, and probable will. When one says the Earth will be destroyed by fire this time, they are not kidding. and furthermore, the Bible and Christians didn't think it all up either, this is in many ancient teachings, including the Hopi. Why do you think TPTB are frantically building hundreds of deep underground bases five miles deep?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
Do you think the Tribulation will happen in 2012 and Christ's 1000 year reign will begin? If so we only have two years left before all hell breaks loose!

why 2012?

what does a mayan calendar have to do with the bible? didnt jesus say that noone would know the hour?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It will be what you make of it, I see a big change in the people. There is something wrong with all of the people who think something bad is going to happen.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Once before because of its sin, the earth was destroyed by water in the Great Flood in Noah’s day, but the world will be destroyed again this time by fire kept for the day of judgment and the destruction of ungodly men” (2 Peter 3:6-7).

Last I checked, The Deluge, as told by the Sumerians, was the first account of the Great Flood. The Bible merely ripped them off. Shameful really.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Double post, sorry. What is with the inability to delete posts? Hurm.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
AAAAH THE BIBLE is there anything it cant do

storys from the past layerd onto modern events and there you have it brainwashing at its finest. all religion have one true commonality they dont allow people to think independently. Religion calls free thinkers heriticts and ignorant to conform its members into a group killing the individual.
watch what you beleive and put onto others your thoughts and words have the power not a story book written thousands of years ago.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
2012, possible, doubt it though. I am starting to think that with all this 2012 crap that it may be another setup. We are already experiencing a major breakdown in society, earthquakes, whether natural or man made,people running to and fro totally unsure of why or what they are doing....the list goes on. It is not for man to know the time of the end, it could happen this year, 2013, or 2016, but IMO this year could be one of the worst. I really hope I am wrong and people will wake up and quit listening to thier governments and their controlled media.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

... Thus the Bible does talk of a fiery apocalypse in the future, but it will only be for those unbelievers left behind (Christians do not have to worry) ...."

Christians do no have to worry.... ??? Only Hindus, Moslems, Taoists, etc ... ? So convincing. And what are "Christians"? The dudes who congregate in churches babbling "christian" principles and fundamentals, only to crush them under their feet as soon as they leave the church building? Are these the chosen ones. I don't think so.

Fasten your brain seatbelts, please.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
The tribulation has already begun. Mankind is just a frog in slow to boil water.....can't feel the heat yet.

Would you be kind enough to extrapolate that analogy with some kind of argument and good old fashioned proof?

See you in 2013.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
In the bible it says its not for us to know the exact day, but when we see certain signs, then the end is near. Not everyday signs, but out-of the ordinary signs. LIKE- the abundance of these signs we see today.Never in earths history have we seen such turmoil like we see today, and in so many different areas. The end of our way of life is doomed for sure, just look around and pick a topic---War, GMO, Population. Environment, Religion, Schools, Health care, Polution So it looks like the end is comming , but exactly when- we would never know. I am studying, and i hope you are too!! He is definatly calling to people.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

why 2012?

what does a mayan calendar have to do with the bible? didnt jesus say that noone would know the hour?

Yes. The hour.

Not day or year

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Once before because of its sin, the earth was destroyed by water in the Great Flood in Noah’s day, but the world will be destroyed again this time by fire kept for the day of judgment and the destruction of ungodly men” (2 Peter 3:6-7).

Last I checked, The Deluge, as told by the Sumerians, was the first account of the Great Flood. The Bible merely ripped them off. Shameful really.

True. It's found in The Epic of Gilgamesh but you have to remember all ancient cultures have flood stories just not the Hebrews or Sumerians.

Link to article that covers flood stories from cultures around the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

not true at all actually. the oldest sumerian accounts of the flood have been dated around 2150-2000 BCE with copies that age as early as 700BCE.

the bible, which gives us a precise year the flood occured, says that it happened 2345BCE

which also collaborates with a a spike in dust in core samples taken in greenland that occured the same year.

even the the biblical flood was written later, doesnt mean that they "ripped" off anybody

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
Religion calls free thinkers heriticts and ignorant to conform its members into a group killing the individual.

funny, atheism and secularism tries to do that to me all the time.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
Yes. The hour.

Not day or year

you miss the spirit of what jesus was saying.

he told his disciples that he was coming as a thief and he emphasized the importance of staying awake.

it means that we dont know when. and jesus himself told us that we dont know when.

just like the fall of babylon, the king was celebrating completely unaware of the army outside his walls and the drying river.

i doubt very much we will have much warning. (not to say that certain people wont be prepared, but you dont need a date to be prepared)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join