It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gangs Armed With Machetes Loot Port-Au-Prince

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hmm I know this is going to sound racist and I really am not I don't think skin color is anything more than how hot it is where your people are from but am I the only one seeing a pattern first you have Katrina and then this not to mention what goes on in Africa everyday is it racist to look at this way?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Oh, I think we all know what to expect

A 'Big, Important & Powerful' nation will probably decide they need to keep troops there, ' to ensure people's safety and keep peace'

or .. maybe that unbiased body, the UN, will install even more of its troops there

Money will flow in to 'rebuild the infrastructure' etc

Who knows, maybe in the fullness of time, Haiti will become another US State ? Don't imagine the Haitians will object. In any event, I wouldn't be surprised if bulk-packs of Haitians were relocated to the US

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
And while I was browsing the news online a moment ago, this headline appeared:

Haitians Want Immigration Status In Light Of Quake

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Angry Haitians block roads with corpses-witness

14 Jan 2010 23:30:54 GMT
Source: Reuters
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Jan 14 (Reuters) - Angry Haitians set up roadblocks with corpses in Port-au-Prince to protest at the delay in emergency aid reaching them after a devastating earthquake, an eyewitness said,

Shaul Schwarz, a photographer for TIME magazine, said he saw at least two downtown roadblocks formed with bodies of earthquake victims and rocks.

"They are starting to block the roads with bodies, it's getting ugly out there, people are fed up with getting no help," he told Reuters

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think planes should be buzzing all over Haiti dropping food and water.

At least it would give some Haitians a fighting chance.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I think planes should be buzzing all over Haiti dropping food and water.

At least it would give some Haitians a fighting chance.

They discussed that on TV, seems they think it would cause them to riot, but maybe it is better then letting them starve.

[edit on 113131p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
They're going to riot anyway.

Help isn't going to get there fast enough.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm very suspicious of a great deal that's being broadcast

re: the Haitian 'earthquake'

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I liked what i heard in the news today. A store owner who has groceries and electronics, and clothes, etc, actually said I dont mind if they take the groceries but leave the electronics alone. I thought that was very decent of him!!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Why do you keep saying that?

Could you explain?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
They're going to riot anyway.

Help isn't going to get there fast enough.

I agree, did you see the damage to the port?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

People are fed with getting no help? JUST WHO THE HELL DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE????????? Instead of breeding like rabbits maybe they should have worried more about getting their country in order. I mean come on! I'm a hard working middle class American and I'm working so that these Haitians can have food, and medical supplies and emergency services. It's our tax dollars going to help these people and they are going to bitch and complain that things are getting to them fast enough? What they as a country just experienced is a terrible, once in a lifetime catastrophic tragedy of an unprecedented scale. The world is doing everything they can and getting things to them as fast as possible.

I mean this is really going to piss me off if these people start rioting and killing each other because things aren't getting there fast enough. I mean you can't even build a Presidential palace that won't collapse? How uneducated are these people? All I see all over the news is young, very fit black males. All that potential labor and energy what the hell have they been doing over there? Cutting down all the trees for fuel? That's funny considering they all seem have nice clothes for the poorest country in the world I would have expected your average Haitian to be dressed in rags and living in cardboard boxes. Their capital was never meant to support 2-3 million people......I heard it was only meant to support a population of 50K. I dont' care how poor you are in this day and age......there is no excuse for stupidity. Least of all people walking around with machetes and killing each other. There wouldn't even be a catastrophe if these people were living in tents.

Haiti seems like a perfect example of why Africa is such a mess and while inner city America is such a mess. They're a bunch of welfare junkies and the rest of the world is their supplier.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What about the chaos when the food truck pulls up and everybody is jockeying for position to get some?

Lame excuse.

Bombard the place with food galore, and Haitians will be too busy picking up food than rioting.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Wow!

Where do I begin?

Haiti seems like a perfect example of why Africa is such a mess and while inner city America is such a mess. They're a bunch of welfare junkies and the rest of the world is their supplier.

:shk:

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Where do you begin? Let me guess you're the type of person that is going to blame all of African's problems on America, the World Bank, IMF, NWO, apartheid yadda yadda yadda. I know all about that and it's a very real reason why Africa is in the mess that it's in. But this is the 21st century and Africa like black Americans need to get their "@!#$" together because if they don't they'll never be able to take back their countries and their continent. I'm sick of feeling guilty for all the worlds problems as awhite middle class male American.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Wow!

Where do I begin?

:shk:

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

WOW, yes, I will just remain quite, but thank you for your contribution, Zosynspiracy,

[edit on 113131p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

You guys and your freakin tax dollars. Everything is one big whinge about where your bloody tax dollars go!? How about offering some help or a donation, or a positive thought instead?

If your feeling this s**tty then go and whinge to your middle class wife and 2.5 kids and dog, if that's all you think the world is made up of - Stand up men like you, and junkies. You have ALOT to learn.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust

You guys and your freakin tax dollars. Everything is one big whinge about where your bloody tax dollars go!? How about offering some help or a donation, or a positive thought instead?

If your feeling this s**tty then go and whinge to your middle class wife and 2.5 kids and dog, if that's all you think the world is made up of - Stand up men like you, and junkies. You have ALOT to learn.

UHOH

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Honestly, Do you not feel that you could have articulated your stance in a more respectable manner?

Don't want to derail this thread so maybe you should open a thread on that. Some things you mention are worth debating.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yeah what better thread to talk about the problems rife within a country like Haiti than one that talks about armed gangs with machetes??????

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join