It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Pictures! Pollution in China

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Horrible pollution photos from China, one of the fastest growing economies in the world. This is the dark side of this growth, the side which this emerging superpower does not want you to see:

www.chinahush.com...

Heck, even the keyboard I write this on was made in China..

. Jiangsu province Changshu City Fluorine Chemical industry land sewage treatment plant (江苏省常熟市氟化学工业园污水处理厂) was responsible for collection and processing of the industrial sewage. However they did not, the sewage pipe was extended 1500 meters under the Yangtze River and releasing the sewage there. 2009 June 11

Villagers from Kang village in Linfen City, Shanxi Province (山西省临汾市下康村) due to long-term consumption of the polluted water contaminated by industrial waste, there were 50 people who have cancer and cerebral thrombosis. 64-year-old Wang Baosheng got ill since 2003, he has fester all over his body so he cannot go to bed and lying face down on the edge of the bed each day. July 10, 2005

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Those pictures were immensely disturbing and emotionally draining. It's shameful beyond words that there are people who are forced to live in such conditions. I'll count my blessings that I'm a US Citizen.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsilon5

I agree
Too bad we are forced to buy their tainted products!
I have all but eliminated them from my home but it's taken a few years and a lot of diligence.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I hope all those "get the government off the back of industry" types see this and understand the need for government regulation of corporations. Of course, they will probably dismiss it as an aberration, despite the fact that it happens every single time and in every single place corporations go to escape "unnecessarily onerous" regulations that diminish their profits.

Every corporate CEO and their families should be made to swim in those rivers and ponds for a few hours.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Extremely disturbing pictures, thanks for sharing them with us... Some of them remind me of River Rouge just outside of Detroit back in the early 70's. When are people going to finally wake up and realize what they are doing to the planet??? If we don't, extinction is inevitable...

In a war of Man vs. Planet, the Planet will always win eventually...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

STAR AND FLAG! Excellent find! This is how they can make the products at such a low price. It costs money to operate an industry without RUINING the environment! The Chinese people will someday have enough and rise up against their leadership.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That's absolutely disgusting. Maybe another reason China wasn't so interested in the whole global warming thing. Can you imagine what it would cost to not only fix the damage, which would take years, not to mention what it would cost the companies involved to change their way of disposing of waste?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This article should be required reading for every American. Every time we buy goods from China this is further encouraged.
Not so very long ago many parts of the US looked like those pictures. By the time we figured out how to produce goods without so much pollution they moved the factories overseas.
This is a cycle that must somehow be broken. There is only a limited amount of space to live and at it;s current rate most of China will be unihabitable by humans within 50 years. Where will their people live then?
These are all factors that will play into the history of our planet in the future. By making lands uninhabitable we virtually assure the continuance of war. The very survival of our species is at issue here. I don'f feel our current nation/state model is capable of addressing of these issues and frankly I wouldn't trust a New World Order to fix it either.
Bottom line is how much does our "stuff" and convenience matter to us? Our ancestors have much to teach us about these things if we bother to listen.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Next time you screw in one of those horrible Chinese spiral compact fluorescent light bulbs please think of these pictures.
That's how "GREEN" you are being by using those things.
You're really not saving the planet. You're helping to destroy it. At best you're helping out the local utility company who will be peak metering you soon anyway to make their profits.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Now that's what I'm talking about when I talk of pollution that does *REAL* environmental damage!!

CO2 is nothing, even if it was causing global warming!!!!

This rubbish that China and India spew into their surroundings is millions of times more toxic, leading to death, illness, and birth defects, not just in the human population, but wildlife, too.

S+F!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Great post!

Yep they've become Americanized. Anything for a buck!

Watch "they live"..................."this is your god".

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is what George Bush would like to have done in this country! If there is a hell, it is reserved for folks who have no appreciation for the health of the planet. Anyhow, this is Western influenced progress for you.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Those images are disgusting.

reminds me of Victorian Britain during the Industrial revolution, which is quite an apt analogy as China is undergoing an Industrial revolution of it's own.

This is a shining example of why industry needs to be regulated. We in the west have learnt, but now all our industry has shifted to these parts of the world instead, poisoning them and depriving us of the ability to make our own goods.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Are you serious?
i thought a picture was worth 1000 words, but clearly each one of these pics are worth an average of 2,954,847... and every variation of the word disturbing is included. S&F from me...

[edit on 14-1-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reminds me of my country (USA)

theinfinitesphere.blogspot.com...

blog.airdye.com...

www.portaec.net...

www.portaec.net...

and there are alot more if you search for it, but hey its much easier to point the faults of others then to fix our own faults

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Westerners are generally ungrateful for all the cheap products that the Chinese produce. Without them, we would be living just like them. Spending most of our salaries on food and basic necessities.

We export these dirty industries to third world nations so that we won't suffer the consequences.

That much pollution will never go away.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Corrupt governments doing business as usual, at the expense of the people.

Our corporate butchers, I mean businesses, get around our anti pollution laws by sending our poisonous industrial waste overseas. The poor countries' governments allow this at the expense of the citizens.

I read that one of the reasons the Somali pirates started their actions was due to illegal fishing and dumping of industrial, medical and even suspected nuclear waste off their coasts.

But the governments of the countries that are involved in illegal actions control the media and make it seem like the Somalians are in the wrong!

Analysis: Somalia Piracy Began in Response to Illegal Fishing and Toxic Dumping by Western Ships off Somali Coast

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I feel so, so sorry for those poor children. I have just come from another post with photo's from Gaza and I just feel I can't go on at the moment! What the hell is happening to this world. I have 2 daughters aged 2 and 5 and for the life of me can't understand why these poor children all over the world have to suffer due to money. I really wish there was a god who I could ask these question too and get something done but of course nothing will happen to lessen the suffering on these children. Oh.. maybe the events in 2012 may solve this problem and all the little children will have no suffering.. then maybe not!

This brings the seriousness of these problems to a higher level and bring all the other, complete guff posts right down.

You know what? These people posting about I know this but can't tell you should get a good look at these 2 posts showing the suffering of little children and get back to reality. Unless we're all just spirits creating these illusions because we need to have them!!

I don't know how to finish this post as I'm raging inside and if I hear another crock of s**t from someone posting how none of this is real, well, they will hear from me!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If that's the cost of cheap products, then I'd rather pay more.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
...and yet the world focuses its attention on the gases emanating from a cows anus.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fc10a1021e4.gif[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join